Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Rolls eyes* Do I really have to give up Coke?!

You don't HAVE to do anything but there are obviously pros and cons to each choice we make. I choose not to have coke. Those are calories I'd rather have for something else and the carbonation KILLS ME.

I didn't read any replies here so I hope I don't repeat anything.

It's up to you, honestly. And there are as many varied answers to this as there are surgeons and nutritionists.

You know soda is junk and bad for you and that it's addictive, right? But if you want to drink it and will also be accountable and record it in your daily intake, there's not a thing in the world wrong with that.

I have two trigger foods that make me want them daily: soda and popcorn. That's it. I still consume these foods in moderation, but I do it knowing that moderation is harder for me with these items. But that's just me.

If you record it and count it, and can control your desire to consume it (instead of being controlled by the need to have it daily) you'll be fine.

~Cheri

...Curious today...I didn't want it. I wasn't craving it. But I did try some Diet Stewart Root beer today, out of pure curiosity. I put about 2-4 oz in ice, allowed the ice to melt in it some, and drunk it....I felt no pain or anything. I love diet coke; I am going to avoid it at all costs. I plan on maybe trying some later down the road, but not until I've reached my goal.

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS I REMEMBER SKINNY FEELING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diet Coke was my vice pre- sleeve, I would drink 100 oz or more everyday. It was a bad habit. It was awful detoxing off of it during my pre-op diet, headaches and cravings. I have replaced it with unsweetended iced tea and Water. I am almost 6 months post op and I would never consider adding that back to my diet. I guess had it not been such a big and negative issue for me than maybe one here or there would be okay but one was never enough and I don't want to take the chance that I develop that habit again. There is no value in that choice for me anymore.

I drink watered down sprite with tons of ice and half Water about every other day. My nut said my life and my choices... People on here are no better sometimes then the critics we already face. Choose what is good for you and taste good and the nasty strict sleevers please kick rocks...

I don't know what the deal is with milk. Pre sleeve I loved milk and drank two or three glasses a day. Now, it seems like one day I am lactose intolerant and the next day I am not. It is crazy.

Sent from my iPad using VST

So thankful you wrote this, I was thinking I was going crazy! I've had 2 swallow tests and a scope down my throat (in the last 8 weeks) and everything was fine. It is so weird how I can have dairy and have NO problems than I have dairy and I am in pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea than constipation! YIKES!

I haven't got my sleeve yet, but after being a rabid diet coke addict, I finally broke the habit. I made it down to one coke a day, drinking it over the course of a day, then switched to diet mountain dew. I thought that a light colored soda might be better for me than a dark soda. Then I started having a lot of heartburn, and we purchased an ice and Water machine at work. Now I fill my 64 oz mug with ice and water, and munch/sip on that all day. I don't even miss the soda. I tried a diet coke recently at a friends house and couldn't drink it, it tasted so nasty. My main worry when I get my sleeve is giving up carbs....love my bread!

Sleeve of steel when were you able to drink a few beers? Iam not a big drinker any more but I do like to have a few when iam at the beach

I drank of few beers 3 weeks out ... I really wish I hated beer :/ just so many dam calories.