Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I a Slowwwwwwwww loser?

This is why I am OVER this forum' date=' some people that reach goal in 6 months think the rest of us are eating twinkies over here! I am so sick of the self righteous folks on this forum that put the "slow losers" down. I bust my butt in the gym before and after my sleeve. NGM mentioned increasing carbs and adding healthy fats not drinking beer and eating bread. People are so insensitive to those if us that have a different journey that may not be as "easy" when the weight doesn't just fall off the instant gratification is not there so choices become even more challenging. This forum is not encouraging at all and only to those deemed as successes. I don't think we need it crammed down out throat every other post how fast someone got to goal. I am so over it.....[/quote']

Oh how I agree.... Someone accused me once of not taking my surgery seriously because I'd eaten something I shouldn't... Not something that would hurt me or something not in my stage! I am doing this my way! If i want something sweet I will eat it. I may have a small bite of chocolate or half a cookie, before I'd eaten 6 Cookies or a whole bar of chocolate! It's my choice how I lose and I am losing!

We all got in this mess by handling other issues incorrectly right? It might be different for everyone so why is it so hard to believe we will get out if it a little different too? Most of our doctors have different ideas on what stages we go to and how fast, etc. the reason they do not all agree is because they have all had different patients with different results. So do what your doctor tells you. If you can't seem to break a stall or want to try something that helped someone else- more power to you. If you want to eat around your sleeve (which I really hope not) then it is still your choice. No one here is your mom or your doctor. I do think some of these posts that are being negative are just concerned. Maybe they have been there and trying to help. Their scolding may not help you but if it helps someone from falling off the wagon then go them. Above all I am just a slow loser who wants to do the best I can and like all the advice I have seen. Sometimes I think how crazy someone people are just skip over their posts. That's just me and my 2 cents ;)

susan thank you for stepping in, if you look at my original post it was innocent and not telling ppl what to do i was talking about myself and why i am a slow loser. i apologize to the staff tht this forum went south, not my intentions at all but i felt attacked and thats not cool. thank you again.

sleevenchical thank you for reinerating what i was saying. i researched substantial fat and it says its healther but harder to get off and to not eat so much fat. I knew i wasnt crazy lol and being pear shaped explains why my top is so small and my bottom is bigger but im losing inches.

vsg i so agree with you

lifetime thank you. and i agree with you. i know i am differant everyone is a differant body type and lose differantly.

msanti thank you and i agree with you. im slow but i am not gaining and my inches are fallen off like crazy.

wayless you are so very welcome. i had to understand why i havent lost 150lbs in 6months lol. evein my doc said the average is 60lbs in 6monts.

beauty we are bootylicious girlie lol

mastiff you rock yeah

srp thank you for your comment

my orignal post was a positive one. I am not here to tell ppl they are wrong or i feel sorry for them. i am me and you are you. i have my dr and nut and you have yours. we are all here to just share what we are going through.

i am not a mean person but when i feel attack i will react to it. when someone says they feel sorry for me that is also an attack.

thank you to all the positive ppl here. and by no means am i instructing anyone to do what i do because what works for me may not work for you but i will share just in case. in my original posting i say who i am and why i am a slow loser, im not saying im a slow loser because i am eating fried chicken cheese cake Cookies and what ever else is considered bad. i am a slow loser because of my body type. dr oz spoke on this a while back.

god bless and peace to all who are in this journey we are going through and by the way i might be a slow loser but looking at my pics says diffearnt yes thats right, im doing something right. lol

I know I would be slow I. African American not pair shaped I'm 33. I self increased my thyroid meds I know that's by I have been succesful. Just get in your cardio, Protein protein protein.

Yes that is so true worried about you this is your journey no one elss

NGM....I'm not attacking you, or doing any of the other things you said I did...but I am suggesting that you've been eating high carbs every since you've been posting here. And you've been a slow loser. Predominantly, people lose better on lower carbs. It might work for you. You may be a slow loser, and it's not a race. But you could possibly help yourself by lowering the carbs. If you want to follow your NUT and Doctor's advice to eat higher carbs, I cannot fault you for that. But from many many months ago, you've been posting about your higher carb intake AND losing very slowly. Perhaps the 2 are connected. You may have upped your carbs last week and had an immediate loss, but I have my doubts that it will continue to work in the long run. I think if it did, you would be the first. Varying calories and macro content can lead to immediate short term losses with anyone, but long term success is a pretty straight shot and it rarely involves higher carbs unless you are doing alot of exercise.

That's not me being negative or attacking you in anyway, just an observation from someone who paid attention in class and I won't apoligize for not being a dumbass...even though you will call me a know it all.

amazon you can go jump off a cliff dont post where i post. i am so tired of you guys. you dont have to post anything on my posts. its ok to give an opinon but to attack someone is not cool at all. and you ms attacked me. and i have a right to tell you you dont have to post here at all. and i am not complaining you *&()) i posted what worked for me. to say you didi nothing you said you feel sorry for me please feel sorry for you because you have nothing better to do in your boring life. I AM DONE ANY FURTHER POSTING FROM YOU WILL BE IGNORED

mastiff some ppl are angry in thier lives and here they feel they can have control but you cant control me. thank you for your post. some ppl here are just crazy its like they sit and wait to pounce on someone first chance they get.

there was nothing negative on this post untl Amazon and butter came in here starting crap.

beauty are you pair shaped also?

Not sure why you are getting so upset with me. Is it because I hit a nerve and I am right? Your heading in your post is, "Why am I a slow loser?" Expect that people will answer you. I do still feel sorry for you...............overreacting won't get you anywhere........in life.

rmub i agree

#ignore :ph34r: :rolleyes: so tempted to read what was said but i got to much going on in my life to go back and forth with ppl that love argue back and forth. AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT LOL. everyone have a super day

I'm also pear shaped but the more inches I lose I'm becoming more of an hourglass lol. My hips are wide and butt has become more plump with age. My breast are large and they definitely aren't shrinking. The only place I'm noticing my weight loss is in my stomach and arms. My hips are definitely getting smaller but they will always be wide. I definitely have child bearing hips. I personally can't do low carb long term. I start to feel depressed, anxiety goes through the roof, severe Constipation, zero energy, insomnia, etc. Low carb can really screw with your serotonin (feel good hormone) and mentally I would rather not do something that makes me so miserable. I eat a moderate carb diet and IMO it gives me the best of both worlds because I'm still in fat burning mode while also being able to avoid the negative effects of low carb. Low carb isn't good for everyone and I don't get why some people try to force low carb dieting down other peoples throat. We are happy it worked for you but it's not healthy for everyone and some of us just look at it as another diet that we've tried in the past. NGM was saying that adding healthy fats worked for HER.

minky thats a good point man, on here if you not doing what others are doing you are doomed to fail and they feel sorry for you . lol you are so right low carb is not for everyone and its not long term. sometimes you have to do what works for you. and adding healthy fats in my diet like avacado and olive oil has helped me and my carbs are majority fruits and veggies and they burn up quickly. and working out also. i might be a slow loser but look at my pics baby i look good going from a 26/28 to a 16 pants in 6 months and i have muscle mass.

if i wanted to do low carb diet or any other diet i could of kept my old stomach. no dieting here just balance

minky thats a good point man' date=' on here if you not doing what others are doing you are doomed to fail and they feel sorry for you . lol you are so right low carb is not for everyone and its not long term. sometimes you have to do what works for you. and adding healthy fats in my diet like avacado and olive oil has helped me and my carbs are majority fruits and veggies and they burn up quickly. and working out also. i might be a slow loser but look at my pics baby i look good going from a 26/28 to a 16 pants in 6 months and i have muscle mass.

if i wanted to do low carb diet or any other diet i could of kept my old stomach. no dieting here just balance[/quote']

That's why when I want something I eat it! I could have done strict low carb and lost... I've done it before and kept it off! I lost 65lbs that way and fell off the wagon. I had surgery a little over 6 weeks ago and I am 54lbs from my goal! I will get there... I am old and my skin is old! If i lost all 80 lbs in a month my skin would be dragging behind me on the ground!

NGM....I'm not attacking you' date=' or doing any of the other things you said I did...but I am suggesting that you've been eating high carbs every since you've been posting here. And you've been a slow loser. Predominantly, people lose better on lower carbs. It might work for you. You may be a slow loser, and it's not a race. But you could possibly help yourself by lowering the carbs. If you want to follow your NUT and Doctor's advice to eat higher carbs, I cannot fault you for that. But from many many months ago, you've been posting about your higher carb intake AND losing very slowly. Perhaps the 2 are connected. You may have upped your carbs last week and had an immediate loss, but I have my doubts that it will continue to work in the long run. I think if it did, you would be the first. Varying calories and macro content can lead to immediate short term losses with anyone, but long term success is a pretty straight shot and it rarely involves higher carbs unless you are doing alot of exercise.

That's not me being negative or attacking you in anyway, just an observation from someone who paid attention in class and I won't apoligize for not being a dumbass...even though you will call me a know it all.[/quote']

That's really creepy. Even I don't monitor my own eating patterns that closely. If a complete stranger did, I would start to wonder.

CREEPY!

That's really creepy. Even I don't monitor my own eating patterns that closely. If a complete stranger did' date=' I would start to wonder.

CREEPY![/quote']

LMAO! you're so right!