Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I a Slowwwwwwwww loser?

I'm in the same boat. I'll be 6 weeks post op on Monday and I've lost 23 pounds so far. I lost all that weight in my first week and a half. 3 1/2 week plateau, I've finally started losing again this week.

you guys have good numbers so early really i dont think your slow

7 weeks out, and have only lost 15.4 pounds. I was just in a 4 week stall that finally broke today.... seeing other peoples large numbers and "hey look I've lost 120 pounds in 5 months" made me crawl into a dark hole for the past couple days... doing better since the stall finally/hopefully broke.

may i know the feeling. but when i talked nut she said she would love to see there medical side whatever that means, im a number girl and the scale aint my friend right now. but im going to stay strong and you do the same

may i know the feeling. but when i talked nut she said she would love to see there medical side whatever that means' date=' im a number girl and the scale aint my friend right now. but im going to stay strong and you do the same[/quote']

I admire you're positive thinking! I'm two days shy of my 2 month surgiversary and I've lost 37 pounds but I feel like I'm loosing way to slowly. I get upset when I read about people on here loosing large amounts in short periods of time :-(

yea like 100lbs in 3 months. man i wish

I'm glad to see we are all speaking out about being "slow losers" I thought I was the only one. One a brighter note, I have been able to keep my surgery a secret (don't feel like being judged) being that I have been losing at a slow pace.

The numbers on the scale are going DOWN, not UP!!! That is success! Be gentle with yourself and enjoy the journey. I know it is not easy because I am a slow loser also but I am also seeing progress in other areas: I can exercise now, I can step up a curb without assistance, I can fit under the steering wheel when my husband forgets to raise it for me, I have cleaned out my closet twice so far, I am eating WAY less than i used to and feeling satisfied..... Make a list of some of the things you are doing now that you couldn't do before! You are doing great!

chika your rock and you ae so right. i am a size 16 now not a 26 so i am happy also. my work uniform wwent from a jacket 24 to a 16 my skirt was a 26 now a 18. so i guess that is good

New grandmother that is awesome. I feel like I should be further along at 7 months out. I am only down about 65 lbs or so. What makes me feel good is how little people say I am. I am also pear shaped. I need to lose another 45 lbs if I want to get to my original goal, however my entire family and friends say I don't need to go that far. So I'm thinking maybe another 25 lbs. my boyfriend is always teasing about how small my butt is compared to what it was when we first met. I have to laugh at him. Needless to say we are all rocking our sleeve.

Sunshine

I'm a slow loser. I'm also 4'11" and pear shaped. I'm on my 5th week and have lost 17 pounds. I have to keep looking at the positive points like I lowered my steering wheel a notch, I can walk the entire flea market (and its huge), My heels are up to 3", I'm exercising more which I never use to, my dresses have gone from a 28 to a 16 and I haven't been this weight since 1997 when I was 24. :D

All of that depends on sooo many things. Even if you have the same BMI, if you are 5 feet tall and the other person is 6 feet tall, 1lb lost is not the same thing for both of you. 1lb lost on a shorter person is probably more like 1.5-2lbs lost on a larger person.

So you guys might be big losers after all. :)

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE.

piano mom you are so right and i am going to post my nsv right now

i can do my own pedicure (save money)

i walk really fast now( ppl say wow you are walking so quickly now

sex is better(legs go way back) tmi i know lol :P

i can paint my toes

i can lower my steering wheel

i can see her a little more now B) im grey there

my work uniform is a lot smaller

i can wear heals now

and the most important to me is my face omg it is so pretty and defined i love wearing make up now and i feel so pretty.

anyone else care to share?

I'm in the slow loser boat too! I'm 6 weeks out and have lost 24 lbs (14 of that was the FIRST WEEK!) So that makes the other 10 I lost about 1.6 lbs per week. I haven't been on here as much because there are so many opinions but everyone on this post said it right = we are all individuals! :) I am looking forward and not backwards. I WILL lose this weight whether it takes a few months or a few years. I could have never got as far as I have without my sleeve and that pleases me to think about it. I'm still in a size 16 and can still fit in most of my pre-surgery clothes, but I can't let that get me down! I just keep telling myself a "slow loss" is better than "no loss", and a "stall" is not a "stop"!

NSV's for me:

-people have noticed my weight loss, especially in my face

-I can sleep on my side comfortably

-I can wipe myself easily after going to the restroom (TMI but its true!!)

-I can control my portions

-I don't get sad when I walk in my closet - I know my size is going to go DOWN!

Blessings to everyone on their journey's - especially the slow losers! Keep the faith!

tiffany you are doing awesome girl keep it up

okkkkkkkkkkk the scale moved it said 222 this morning but im not excited i peeed a lot yesterday. lets see by wednesday if its a true reading