Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on Monday the 4th it seems like I burp after every time I swallow, Water, pudding, Protein Drink it doesn't seem to matter. It doesn't hurt I feel good otherwise. Is this happening to anyone else?

I've been burping a lot more than usual, but I've noticed it's more when I forget myself and take too big a drink or bite of something.

Yep, I burped A LOT! The first week, I figured it was the residual gas coming out of me. But it also happens when I eat something my stomach doesn't get along with.

I just made this same post in the WLS FB group. I'm 11 days out and I burp several times after I eat or drink thick liquids.< /p>

It's pretty common and normal. Kind of like the air in my stomach and the food are fighting for space.

I have been a burping machine.

In dr. Alvarez' book, he describes our sleeves like anew babies tummy. Know how you have to burp a baby after every oz or so so they don't get painful gas. So do we. :D

Makes sense.

I just posted something Monday when I was 3 days out called "sip BURRRRP" or something along those lines. Lol

Im 11 months post op and have the same problem burping. I dont think thats gonna get any better, at least for me i dont think it will.

Joe' date=' I was sleeved on Monday the 4th too. I burp quite a bit. (Plus the other direction!) I figure it's just the Anesthesia gas escaping. How are you feeling? Still sore?[/quote']

I feel pretty good kinda sore on the upper right side but better every day. How are you feeling?

Had my surgery on monday the 4th too and i too am burping alot also get hiccups!! keeping liquids down well but i can't stand that sf jello!! It has the worst aftertaste!! Also does anyone else have a sore throat? its prob from the tube but it hurts the worst!! I am 4days out~~

Had my surgery on monday the 4th too and i too am burping alot also get hiccups!! keeping liquids down well but i can't stand that sf jello!! It has the worst aftertaste!! Also does anyone else have a sore throat? its prob from the tube but it hurts the worst!! I am 4days out~~

I'm having the same problems with burping ha and stomach pains, which turns out to be gas. I'm 8 days out and just took a walk in the freezing nj air to try to get rid of some of this gas! Annoying but I guess comes with the territory

Hi. Just sleeved on Wednesday. I have burping marathons after tiniest sip of Water. I have been walking and tried gas x strips but they only make me burp even more. It is so much I can only sip about an ounce of Water in a couple hours. Please tell me this will go away. I tried took some loratab to give me a rest. Funny thing is I feel great upon awakening but at that first sip I am miserable. Any ideas or just let me know that 2 days is too short and this will not plague me forever. At this rate I will get dehydrated but the burping/gas is so difficult I cannot sip. Thanks for letting me rant. I aAm usually not a complainer!

I was sleeved Tuesday the 12th. I'm burping too. I think it's normal. So far my burping hasn't been intrusive. I am still able to drink.

I was sleeved Tuesday the 12th. I'm burping too. I think it's normal. So far my burping hasn't been intrusive. I am still able to drink.