Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will orange juice do me harm?

I was sleeved on 2/26. I don't really like my Protein Drinks but i read here where orange juice and vanilla protien mix was tasty, and it is. I've been having about 4 ounces of orange juice each day, mixed with protien powder. (I use half the liquid so that I can get it all down. Getting 8 ounces 3 or 4 times a day was not going to happen.)

Today at work a colleague who was sleeved in July by another doctor in a different state saw me drinking orange juice. She told me she was warned not to have orange juice or any acidic drinks for 3 months because it could dissolve where the stomach has been seamed together, or something like that. Has anyone else been told this. I'm a little worried about what harm I might have done.

I was sleeved on 2/26. I don't really like my Protein drinks but i read here where orange juice and vanilla protien mix was tasty' date=' and it is. I've been having about 4 ounces of orange juice each day, mixed with protien powder. (I use half the liquid so that I can get it all down. Getting 8 ounces 3 or 4 times a day was not going to happen.)

Today at work a colleague who was sleeved in July by another doctor in a different state saw me drinking orange juice. She told me she was warned not to have orange juice or any acidic drinks for 3 months because it could dissolve where the stomach has been seamed together, or something like that. Has anyone else been told this. I'm a little worried about what harm I might have done.[/quote']

OJ is very high in sugar, and it's consumption should be closely monitored, that being said, have you tried Trop50 yet?

Yes orange juice is very acidic. I wouldn't have it. Try adding orange flavouring to your shakes instead.

I was allowed it provided I watered it down 1 part to 5 parts Water.< /p>

I started carving oranges about 8 weeks after my surgery and I eat them. Earlier this week I had a head cold and need OJ and drank some. I'm 24 weeks out from surgery. I haven't heard anything about the acid eating away your stomach, but call your doctor and found out what he thinks.

Everything in moderation, I have a nutribullet and I use two fresh oranges in some of my drinks (I add Water as well). But I would consult your Nutrition/Nurse Practioner/Surgeon to be sure. Caffeine is not good for you as sleevers either but I don't drink them everyday either.

If I do have a soda or orange juice I dillute with Water. Please not that I am by no means advocating for you to do so it is just what I do and it works for me.

Crystal Light has a "Sunrise Orange" flavor that tastes very similar to OJ. Not sure if you've tried it, but it might give you the same satisfaction without the worry of causing harm/complications. Also, every Dr. Is different with guidelines - you might just want to call & touch base with the nutritionist or Dr. Good luck! Protein Shakes are yuckies for me, too

I too was enjoying a glass of orange juice every morning for awhile until I met with my NUT and she gave me the lecture on the carbs associated with orange juice. My feeling is this, is has some good benefits to it and its a good start to a day at work. Before I would drink 2 or 3 cups of coffee so I'm gonna enjoy my OJ and not feel guilty.

I drink it daily.. I do drink the low sugar kind Trop50 is good.

It helps to prevent kidney stones

I started drinking Crystal Light Sunrise Classic Orange. It tastes just like orange juice to me. The only drawback is it's hard to find and I'm addicted to it. I usually order it off Amazon since it's so hard to find.