Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three meals a day... No snacking!?

Ahh. I was confused (doesn't take much)

I hate it when I read people telling others what to do but I didn't see that on this thread, so I got a bit lost.

"panties in a wad" LOL I had to google that .......

Ahh. I was confused (doesn't take much)

I hate it when I read people telling others what to do but I didn't see that on this thread' date=' so I got a bit lost.

"panties in a wad" LOL I had to google that .......[/quote']

Hehehe

You keep having to google stuff we say :P

.......... it's like we speak different languages ;):P

Ok I was out at a restaurant having my fifth meal of the day.... And I come back and all hell breaks loose!

Ok I was out at a restaurant having my fifth meal of the day.... And I come back and all hell breaks loose!

Thank you for proving my point.

Blah!!!!

Why do you keep editing your post?

Honestly, I think everyone is different. You need to find what works for you and your body and go with it.

I am four years out. For the first year, I lived on 800 calories a day. Then, I maxed out at around 1200 a day. For the past eight months, I have been battling with gaining and losing the same three pounds. I was so sick of it. I had no energy and generally just didn't feel too great. My fiancé is a nutritionist and a personal trainer. For two years he has been preaching to me that eating so few calories for the the first few months of the weight loss phase was one thing, but that it wasn't healthy to maintain that few calories long term. He kept insisting I needed to eat more in order to lose weight. Like another poster said, he told me I wasn't losing weight anymore because my metabolism was so incredibly messed up. My body had gotten used to the fact that I was starving it, so my metabolism slowed way down to compensate for it and my body started storing fat.

About six weeks ago I decided to give his method a try. We figured out my base TTDE based on my age, weight, height and activity level. Just for my body to do nothing but lie in bed all day and do nothing but breath, I would need to eat a baseline of 1950 calories a day! So, we moved forward to "reset" my metabolism. I now eat about every two hours. I don't eat junk, I eat high Protein, healthy foods. The first few weeks, I gained between one and two pounds per week. I was in panic mode. I was terrified of eating this way, I just knew I was going to end up fat again. But, I promised him I would try it his way and would give it eight weeks. He warned me that I would probably gain weight at first, he said my body was going to take all those extra calories and hold onto them, because it isn't used to my actually fueling it like I should. But he promised if I stuck with it, I would get past the gain stage, and my metabolism would pick up again. Well, I finally stopped gaining and was maintaining. Next, he dropped me to 1750 calories a day, and if I exercise, I would eat those calories back. Guess what, it is working! I am now back to losing one to two pounds a week again and couldn't be happier. I have more energy and feel better than I have in two years.

So, I do believe we need to keep our bodies fueled. I have done a lot of research on this in the past few weeks, along with finally listening to my own personal nutritionist/fiancé. I have a healthy Breakfast, then a couple hours later I will have a Protein Bar. I eat a healthy lunch. In the afternoon I snack on fruits, cheese, Protein Bars, nuts, beef Jerky, whatever strikes my fancy. I have a healthy dinner and, usually a snack about two hours before bedtime. My body has responded well to fueling it every few hours and I am a believer now. Just wish I would have listened to him two years ago!

Sent from my iPad using VST

5th meal of the day at 10 pm ........... rebel.

Why do you keep editing your post?

To give you less to go on about... You obviously want to attack people and your proving it!

Hopefully these little tantrums your throwing makes you feel better

Ok people I think that what we have here is a good old fashioned failure to communicate...

This I think started off as just a general discussion about eating philosophies per our doctors orders, That's all! nothing more nothing less. YES I did say that things change when you get a little further out... But that was not a slam on anyone! And I meant that.

But now it has gotten to the point of ridiculousness!! Nobody is trying to enable others to eat off of plan... we all are doing what's working for us I hope. But I will say if MY doctor told me to eat a certain way and it WASN'T working for me I would bounce around other ideas and then discuss it with him....

My word!!

I will say the first month of this "journey" can be an emotional roller coaster.. So I will take that into account, but I think it's time to just agree to disagree on eating styles and carry on..

To give you less to go on about... You obviously want to attack people and your proving it!

Hopefully these little tantrums your throwing makes you feel better

Huh, I would have had less to go on if you hadn't changed it so many times. Now I'm just cracking up. You guys have all proved my point I made earlier. So for that I thank you :)

Ok people I think that what we have here is a good old fashioned failure to communicate...

This I think started off as just a general discussion about eating philosophies per our doctors orders, That's all! nothing more nothing less. YES I did say that things change when you get a little further out... But that was not a slam on anyone! And I meant that.

But now it has gotten to the point of ridiculousness!! Nobody is trying to enable others to eat off of plan... we all are doing what's working for us I hope. But I will say if MY doctor told me to eat a certain way and it WASN'T working for me I would bounce around other ideas and then discuss it with him....

My word!!

I will say the first month of this "journey" can be an emotional roller coaster.. So I will take that into account, but I think it's time to just agree to disagree on eating styles and carry on..

I love how you come in after being missing for hours to stir the pot. Then you wanna act like the mediator.

I disagree Laura. Mine is the right and only way. I am the light. :P

Huh' date=' I would have had less to go on if you hadn't changed it so many times. Now I'm just cracking up. You guys have all proved my point I made earlier. So for that I thank you :)[/quote']

My lord you have no point. First your offended then your calling people enablers. Now your hysterical. You're just a mess. You need to get yourself together and stop attacking everyone.

I love how you come in after being missing for hours to stir the pot. Then you wanna act like the mediator.

Ummm... My patience is being tried now

Good day,

sir or ma'am