Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 8 and I'm following faithfully' date=' but I've only lost 8 lbs :(. What's wrong??? 2ladies had it the same day and lost 20 lbs in one week!!! What's wrong with me???[/quote']

You may not be eating enough. I'd call my doc. Have you been for your post op check up? What did they say? Mine said they are happy with 2 pounds weekly.

Thank u, that's what I was told also ...maybe 2 lbs per week. I just wonder how some lose 20 in one week ...I'm doing as told and they said they had even cheated....I wouldn't even know how!!!

Thank u' date=' that's what I was told also ...maybe 2 lbs per week. I just wonder how some lose 20 in one week ...I'm doing as told and they said they had even cheated....I wouldn't even know how!!![/quote']

I've lost a total of 20 but that is since the week before surgery. I'll be three weeks post-op tomorrow. I have also made myself stop weighing every day. I was freaking out when it didnt drop overnight. It's coming off- it took me years to add it on so I just try to remember it won't come off overnight. :)

Thank u' date=' that's what I was told also ...maybe 2 lbs per week. I just wonder how some lose 20 in one week ...I'm doing as told and they said they had even cheated....I wouldn't even know how!!![/quote']

Some people have a lot of Water weight due to eating substantial amounts of sodium. Water weight is the easiest to loose especially when starting the liquid diet with no food.< /p>

i was sleeved on the 19th the Unjury chicken stuff was so gross made me gag.

Hi all,

First post here. Sleeved on the 13th, so I am at 2 weeks post-surgery today. My surgery and recovery went amazingly easy. No nausea, not much pain... I went shopping two days after surgery and returned to work a week ago. I felt great and fully of energy -- walking around the neighborhood starting on day 3. The only real issue I noticed is being a little fuzzy or forgetful. I am on soft foods, getting plenty of fluids and Protein in. Then suddenly last night and today I feel like I have been run over. I can hardly stay awake at work and I had some nausea this morning. This is so unexpected since I was doing so well. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Thanks.

Hi all,

First post here. Sleeved on the 13th, so I am at 2 weeks post-surgery today. My surgery and recovery went amazingly easy. No nausea, not much pain... I went shopping two days after surgery and returned to work a week ago. I felt great and fully of energy -- walking around the neighborhood starting on day 3. The only real issue I noticed is being a little fuzzy or forgetful. I am on soft foods, getting plenty of fluids and Protein in. Then suddenly last night and today I feel like I have been run over. I can hardly stay awake at work and I had some nausea this morning. This is so unexpected since I was doing so well. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Thanks.

I was sleeved on the 6th and like you had an amazingly easy surgery and recovery. I am 3 weeks out as of today. I am still on liquids till tomorrow then I can have soft foods. I have felt great most days but then I get one that I just feel wiped! I'll sleep late, take a nap and still be in bed early. I don't get it but must be my body telling me to slow down a bit. I am most days walking about 3 miles divided in two walks. I would say just listen to your body and take it easy when you feel like this. I can't speak to the nausea though. I'm not sure why that would happen unless you are introducing new foods?

Mine was march 5th. I'm down 14.. nothing in laat two weeks.. hold on (is what everyone says) and it will come. I finally lost another two today so it is going again. Your body is just adjusting to the new you. Stay on track and it will come. Hang in there

I just want my drain hole closed

Thanks, Newbie, I'm trying to keep my spirits up and just pray to lose more quickly. All my incisions closed very easily, but it took a few more days for the drain hole to close. I just put a medicated bandaide on it and that seemed to help. I have had NO problems at all since leaving the hospital . In the hospital I had extreme nausea and pain under my collar bones...after that, it's all been smooth sailing...I've been very lucky. My surgery date was 3-8-13 and I have lost 12 lbs. that's 12 that are never coming back!!

March 8 and I'm following faithfully' date=' but I've only lost 8 lbs :(. What's wrong??? 2ladies had it the same day and lost 20 lbs in one week!!! What's wrong with me???[/quote']

I am 3 weeks out today and I have only lost 10 pounds

I think that because all docs have different protocol for pre-surgery diets, we range a lot. Someone who had a two-week diet may experience a stall just one week post-surgery. My doc required only Clear Liquids the day before, and so I am losing all my Water weight now. I'm day 3 and have lost just over 7 pounds. I expect a stall around week 2 or 3.

My doc required a 2 week Protein preop diet and I lost 5 lbs. I just wish I was one of the folks that lost 14 preop and 20 the first weel postoperative ! I guess I am destined to be a slow loser...