Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just out of curiosity' date=' where are the drains and what are they used for?

I'm getting sleeved March 20th[/quote']

I didn't have a drain, not everyone gets one. Not sure why the difference.

I didn't have a drain' date=' not everyone gets one. Not sure why the difference.[/quote']

I didn't have one either.

No drains here either.

Soon2bmzthin, you still reading? Please tell me how you're doing? I'm sorry we never got to go to Walmart, I was just so tired and Pam had a Migraine.< /p>

I was sleeved march 2nd and my biggest problem is the acid. I just can't get it under control.

I've had a couple crying spells, which is hormones and life both. I have 6 young children to care for and some days I wonder what the heck I was thinking, doing this when they still need mama so much. When I wake in the morning I feel so weak and I really have no choice bit to get them ready for school am get the little 2 fed and diapers changed. Sigh. Thank goodness for glucose tablets.

I'm actually drinking "regular" drinks instead of low cal, drs orders. Fine with me, I HAVE to have energy. As long as I have a little Protein in my day, it seems to be working for me.

This is just plain hard!? Did any of you feel as if it would be easier than this? I'm not craving specific foods, I just feel like I need substance in my tiny tummy. My stomach hurts near constant from what I'm going to call hunger. Not head hunger, bonefied HINGER. maybe it's acid bit it feels like hunger and I feel like I'm starving.

I was wondering how you've been, Amy! I can't imagine having 6 little ones that need me, especially so soon after surgery. I hope this part passes quickly for you and you feel better soon.

~Kat

It's helping so much knowing we are all feeling some of the same things & going through some of the same things!

I'm feeling AMAZING except for getting tired easier but it's getting better!

FINALLY found a premixed drink I like.

Bolthouse Farms! Creamy and yummy!!

The worse part of my day has been taking the chewable vitamins!! Ahhh they are terrible!! When can we start swallowing whole pills again??

I was sleeved on March 12th, that was my hardest day for pain. Each day gets better and better. Some gas but walking helps. If I had to do it all over again, I would. I lost 12 pound and gained 2 back therefore Im staying off the scale.< /p>

Edited by cbowman

I was sleeved on March 12th' date=' that was my hardest day for pain. Each day gets better and better. Some gas but walking helps. If I had to do it all over again, I would. I lost 12 pound and gained 2 back therefore Im staying off the scale.[/quote']

I'm staying off the scale too!!! I've been the same weight for 3 days.

I was sleeved on March 12th' date=' that was my hardest day for pain. Each day gets better and better. Some gas but walking helps. If I had to do it all over again, I would. I lost 12 pound and gained 2 back therefore Im staying off the scale.[/quote']

Lol! I like The part where you say you're staying off the scale. Funny lady

I just came home today!! I have a question bc my book they have me is so confusing! Lol in order to get all ur fluids in, are you all just constantly sipping? I am so scared to drink to much because I HATE throwing up and I am trying to avoid that! I honestly can't tell anymore with the pain from the incisions, gas, or if my stomach is feeling full. Lol so back tony question. Are you pretty much sipping on and off every few minutes to get the right amount of fluids or am I doing something wrong??

I was sleeved on Wednesday the 13th. I stayed overnight and left Thurs afternoon. Had gas and nausea in hospital. Better now that I'm home. Just sipping slowly Water and crystal light. Still sore from incisions.

I just came home today!! I have a question bc my book they have me is so confusing! Lol in order to get all ur fluids in, are you all just constantly sipping? I am so scared to drink to much because I HATE throwing up and I am trying to avoid that! I honestly can't tell anymore with the pain from the incisions, gas, or if my stomach is feeling full. Lol so back tony question. Are you pretty much sipping on and off every few minutes to get the right amount of fluids or am I doing something wrong??

Yeah, it's pretty much a full time job. I had a hard time because I have always been a big time Water drinker. It's been my rule to drink 20 oz of water before my first cup of coffee, and I need my coffee fast. So it's been a huge adjustment

Sipping has been so hard for me. When I got home I did ice chips. It slowed me down to the correct rate. did that for 3 days. I am 9 days out now and can drink more than just a tiny sip. I would say a small drink. It gets better everyday.

Welcome home and speedy recovery!

Hey, after today half of us March Sleevers should be post op! half down and half to still welcome to this side!

Yippie! :)

Things are looking up...getting misty of my Fluid and protein...sleeved march 5th, down 18 lb as of this morning :) I'm afraid to advance my diet cause i like losing 2lb a day...may stay on full liquid diet a little longer

Yeah' date=' it's pretty much a full time job. I had a hard time because I have always been a big time Water drinker. It's been my rule to drink 20 oz of water before my first cup of coffee, and I need my coffee fast. So it's been a huge adjustment

Sipping has been so hard for me. When I got home I did ice chips. It slowed me down to the correct rate. did that for 3 days. I am 9 days out now and can drink more than just a tiny sip. I would say a small drink. It gets better everyday.

Welcome home and speedy recovery![/quote']

Thank you! :) I felt like somehow I was over doing it! Even though I'm not even close the recommended amount of liquids yet todaylol but I've been taking a smallish sip about every ten minutes or so. My stomach feels fine with that amount so I assumed it was okay but wanted to ask.