Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on the 7th. Came home yesterday, everything seems ok so far. Mostly no pain, except when I move. But sometimes my stomach kind of cramps up. Does this happen to you guys? Good luck all! We can do this!

I was sleeved on the 6th, today has been my first full day home. the transition from sitting to standing hurts but then it's not so bad. My biggest challenge by far has ben having to smell all the foods that my husband and 5 year old son are eating while i sip my broth( which tastes good, but not as good as their chicken, pizza, whatever smell). I also can't laydown fully in bed yet as it hurst to much, so i've been sleeping on the reclining couch. I hope that in the next few days the pain will lessen enough to let me go to bed!

pretttybird, i know what you mean! My husband also had the VSG back in October ( he is down 70lbs!!) so he knows exactly what i'm going through. He is super supportive and tries to help as much as he can,but it's not much consolation when he can eat and run around, and i'm sipping broth and struggeling to walk back and forth across the house lol. He keeps reminding me that the first week is the worst though. So heres to getting through the first week!!

Hi all I was sleeved on March 6th and only had to stay in the hospital one day. Surgery went well but the gas pains are killing me!!! I also can't wait to make a bowel movement. I hope the gas pain will go away soon but other then that I have no other pain but wish I can eat something the broth Soup.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was sleeved in the 7th. I got out the hospital today. The pains are so annoying I can only sip Water every 20 min I tried more but I can't. It's hard to move. My calf muscles feel like they are going to spasm. I was on in the hospital but being home has been a little harder. I just want the pains to go away so I can move a little more. I. Gained 10 lbs do y know from what but I'm hoping it will come right off once I start feeling better!

Hey Jennifer, to give a ray of hope, you gained the ten pounds because your body insulated itself because of the traumas of the surgery, your body will start to expel the Fluid as your body starts to heal. Then you're metabolism will start to take over, especially if you're sticking to your diet . Welcome to the losers bench. I have my surgery on March 27th, this is a big help to us waiting to get sleeved. God speed in your recovery.

Yea I figured something like that is happening. I got to get in the lingo. So I'm on the losers bench now? Is this after surgery? Lol

Hello everyone. I was sleeved on the 4th and was feeling really good this morning but I think I overdid it today and am really exhausted. Went to costco today and got their ready to drink Premier Protein drinks in chocolate and I love them. Way better than the chocolate muscle milk whey powder I had to mix. I've been good on getting my Protein in but not so good on Water, I definitely need to step that up. I weighed myself today and I am down 11 lbs from surgery date...amazing! It kind of makes being totally miserable with these Clear Liquids worth it. Best of luck to you all.

Hi Everyone, I was sleeved on the 6th. Released yesterday the 9th. I had a very painful post op experience but am definitely on a healing trend now. My only issue now is sometimes I have pains in my stomach where it feels like someone is squeezing my stomach. It comes and goes a couple of times and then will go away for a few hours. I find it comes mostly after I wake up.. Anyone else have this? It's very painful. :(

I was sleeved on the 4th. I'm having very little pain but the acid reflux is on level 10. My incisions are starting to itch. Im getting my Water in but not much else and I can really tell this is causing me to be very weak. I cant stand the Protein power, pudding, or Jello. I pray I can get past this stage very soon!

The spasms are normal. My Dr have me a spasm med to take every 6 hours. I also find that taking a couple deep breaths when is starts helps a ton!!!

Thank you Nikki!