Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is anyone else nervous about their upcoming surgery like I am?

The liquid diet is killing....

liquid diet is killer Ive been on it since Jan.10 but ive lost 29 pounds!

My date is Tuesday march 26.. I am.so scared and.so hungry...

I feel the same way!! I'm on the 26th also. We can do this!

2 days left and i caved in and had half Peanut Butter sandwich. ... Now i feel like butt.. Did blow the.whole thing

You will be fine NaiNai I have been on preop since Jan 10 and honestly since I chickened out of my surgery last Tuesday I have not cared about the preop diet. If I can just make it through the surgery then I will focus on diet instructions. I have lost 29 pounds when they never told me to lose any so at this point I dont really care. My anxiety over my upcoming surgery has taken over my life sadly. I am having to take Xanax everyday because of it.

I AM ready to say screw it. ... I won't but I just want to eat whatever I want...... But Thats why I AM at this place in my life do or does.

Jenah, I've been living in "fear" since 4 days before surgery. I cried and stressed daily. It was AWFUL. I called to cancel the day before and then felt I had to let someone know how I felt so I went to the hospital. I tried "canceling" at each step of check-in. I'm sure the doctors and residents thought I was a mess. I cried and cried and just went through the motions. My fears have not ended. Now I fear complications! I know it's useless, as I'm beyond the point of no return but everything has been easier than I imagined even after terrible nausea and dry heaves! My dad kept saying, "do you even remember what you've put yourself through and why you are here? Stay focused on your goals and put it in God's hands." I'm doing well but still have fears... Be strong. You can always message me and you can cry and b***h and moan and ill TOTALLY understand. Sometimes I feel bad because I wonder what people on this site think of all my fears??? But I'm on the other side now and you will be too! :-)

Thanks very much slimjim your story has really helped me. I thought I was the only one acting irrationally about this but I am glad to see Im not. I have been stressing day and night its rediculous. It is bad Ive had to resort to taking Xanax daily just so I can get through the day. I tell you what though Xanax works cause when I take it I pretty much dont care about anything lol. I am just hoping to God its strong enough on the day of the surgery. I know that once I go to sleep its over from there. I will so relieved when I wake up in that hospital bed afterwards. As far as complications go I will cross that bridge when I get there. Thank You for sharing your story. I will continue to pray for me, you and all of us bought go into surgery.

I.M.glad to.sessions.other.feel tks way cause i am.so scared

Seriously NaiNai ask your doctor for some Xanax I just took some and I feel no fear. In fact Im gonna ask for some more because they did not give me enough. :D

Jenah' date=' I've been living in "fear" since 4 days before surgery. I cried and stressed daily. It was AWFUL. I called to cancel the day before and then felt I had to let someone know how I felt so I went to the hospital. I tried "canceling" at each step of check-in. I'm sure the doctors and residents thought I was a mess. I cried and cried and just went through the motions. My fears have not ended. Now I fear complications! I know it's useless, as I'm beyond the point of no return but everything has been easier than I imagined even after terrible nausea and dry heaves! My dad kept saying, "do you even remember what you've put yourself through and why you are here? Stay focused on your goals and put it in God's hands." I'm doing well but still have fears... Be strong. You can always message me and you can cry and b***h and moan and ill TOTALLY understand. Sometimes I feel bad because I wonder what people on this site think of all my fears??? But I'm on the other side now and you will be too! :-)[/quote']

Thank you slimjim

oh boy ...its getting close...

When is your date? I got april 2nd and I have pre op in the a.m. I am supper nervous

When were you able to tolerate more solids ? I'm 2 weeks out and seems like only sifts are good right now . Prob . 2 more weeks I'm thinking ' date=' that's what Dr . Thought . Any suggestions ? I'm not in a hurray , just occassionlly interesting in venturing out and it doesn't work .[/quote']

Heya tammy, i was eating solids at 4 weeks out. Though i did test some at the 3 week mark and chewed extra. It worked fine for me