Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did u stip crushing ur meds?

I'm 15 days today post-op an I couldn't stomach my Zoloft (the generic) any long crushed up...so I split it in 3's an took it with apple sauce....I swear when I saw my dr last wed. He told me one more week...it's a small pill to begin with maybe 1/2 an inch...so far so good I took it almost a half hour ago no pain

You know I asked my Dr just today about taking pills he didn't see any problems with it. I take a anti-depressant that's time released capsule and he said it would be fine. I guess every dr is different.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was allowed to take the smaller ones after 3 weeks. The big ones - like the fish oil - I had to wait longer. Before you go cutting things up check online to make sure its okay. With a lot of drugs it changes the effectiveness. I know you can't do it on time release drugs.

I never crushed my meds -- and I take a ton!

I was allowed to take the smaller ones after 3 weeks. The big ones - like the fish oil - I had to wait longer. Before you go cutting things up check online to make sure its okay. With a lot of drugs it changes the effectiveness. I know you can't do it on time release drugs.

Thanks Lander my meds are all crushable I've been doing it since I was in the hospital so I know that's ok.

I never crushed my meds -- and I take a ton!

Wow really???

You know I asked my Dr just today about taking pills he didn't see any problems with it. I take a anti-depressant that's time released capsule and he said it would be fine. I guess every dr is different.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

CarrieP how far out post-op r u??

Wow really???

Maybe I should have! I think I skipped all my meds for a few days after surgery and then just went straight into taking them.... for the first month or so I spaced them out during the day and evening. My doc never said one way or the other..

My surgeon requires us to crush meds (or break apart capsules or take liquid) for 6 weeks post-op. Time released/extended release meds cannot be crushed.

2mrw ill go back to crushing it :(

I am with you on this one also. My doc said I could crush them if I wanted to but he saw no reason for it. In the hospital I was swallowing them whole.

I took all my meds whole, starting post op day 2.

My surgeon let me take my allergy pill whole soon as I was discharged. I never have had any issues. Even my omeprazole. He said as long as they weren't horse pills like the big old Vitamins then I was ok. Anything smaller than a dime was ok to swallow.

My doc said crush anything bigger than a pencil eraser for 1 year, but time release capsules are ok. So, I take everything whole. Still take chewable vitamins.< /p>

Thank goodness I read this thread! It's been taking me so long to get all the meds down in the mornings...with crushing them and mixing them in apple sauce...seems like it fills up my stomach and I have no room for anything else for an hour.