Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Met someone with sleeve one year out...

So I met someone who had gastric sleeve one year out and they at two slices of pizza Hut pizza and a regular mt dew! All the same time!!!! One word: Scary!!!! Seriously what's the point and if I tried to even eat one piece I would die from being so full!! What are your thoughts?????

I guess I'm curious how much they lost and if they are gaining it back, but how could they not be?

So I met someone who had gastric sleeve one year out and they at two slices of pizza Hut pizza and a regular mt dew! All the same time!!!! One word: Scary!!!! Seriously what's the point and if I tried to even eat one piece I would die from being so full!! What are your thoughts?????

Certainly hope I never get there!! Can't imagine eating one slice !!!! How has this persons weight loss been?

Ummm.. I'm four months out and I definitely can eat a slice of pizza ( yep I've had one )

So yeah I can see how someone could do it... The sleeve isn't going to slap that stuff out of your hand. After awhile you have to be able to make good choices. And who knows maybe that person use to be able to down 1 whole pizza and this is an improvement...

WOW! I had to read that 3 times! I'm 17 months out and can eat 1 piece of pizza but will not drink carbonated drinks with my meals.....

It sounds like that individual is way off track right now and derail you on your journey also.....Something to think about... :)

I can imagine it.....or actually, fear it! I bet it's way less than they used to eat, and less than most people eat, even if it's not the best plan. I haven't eaten pizza, but I bet I could! :) Someday I'm going to have a slice of pizza. But I hope it's a rare occassion, I hope I can't hold more than a slice, and I sure hope I'm not drinking pop!

Did you find out how much they lost, how long ago, etc? Are they posting here wondering why they are not losing? ;)

Sorry for the delay!!!! He weighted 346 and is 246now. He lost 100 lbs and showed me pics. But it took him a year to do 100 lbs!! I'm not perfect but I'm 15 wks an 80 lbs! I started at 313 and now 233! I just don't understand even finishing one slice! I physically couldn't do it!! I can't finish a half of a tuna sandwich on a low carb bread!!

Oh by the way!!! If anything it encouraged me cause I knew how on track I was!! And very proud to have the power to say no to bad things! I understand maybe one day have a slice but till I'm where I wanna go its not going to happen! And..... This was a work meeting and work bought lunch! So thank god I brought my Protein bars!!! And water!!

Sure doesn't sound like he reached his goal weight either, I guess 100 pounds is much better than nothing. I am sure he is only one example of the mannnny who are not successful.