Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any locals?

Been really busy here. Lots of little things for everyone to help get done. Tomorrow is the big day. We are heading home Monday afternoon. I have stuff to do Tuesday, but defnitely need to get a walk in that evening. I really miss not being able to get out there and do the walks.

Off to bed, tomorrow is a crazy day!!

Howdy!

I just wanted to drop in and leave a note. I found a trojan in my computer and as of Wednesday I haven't been able to get online. I will check from time to time from work, but I am not sure when I will get back online. It could be as early as this weekend.

Don't let me catch the person who created the trojan! I'm still a large women and I fight dirty! :cool2:

Howdy!

I'm back. My computer is all better!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend. The weather is just wonderful.

just want to post the upcoming support group meetings at APEX Medical Center, Stanton-Christiana Rd

May 27 - plastic & reconstructive surgery after weight loss

June 3 - behavior modification and pre-op nutrition

June 10 - Gastric Band support, Clothes Exchange

June 17 - pre-op nutrtion class

June 24 - open support group, clothes exchange

366 - bet you are jumping out of your skin, you have been wating for finals to be over. now it is your turn...

will be thinking about you.

thanks!! i'm sooooo excited. i just want this DONE already. gimme my band!

i've been on Optifast for the past -almost- two weeks. i did not enjoy! loved the juice box shakes, hated the powders. Soups were pretty good. bars were GROSS.

i felt really weak a lot so i've been having some "real" Protein here and there - like skinless grilled chicken (no oil, just pam) or ground turkey. no fat anywhere. no carbs. also didn't do that everyday, but some days i felt like i was gonna pass out.

i went to bj's and got a six-carton box of organic free-range chicken broth (i'm big into the free-range stuff, believe it or not. i'm sure those mcnuggets i'm used to are so not free range. or even chicken. but that's neither here nor there). also got 5 boxes of crystal light (looove that stuff anyway - the iced tea. also got raspberry and lemonade).

today i went to shoprite and got sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello, cans of creamed (healthy request!) soups, sugar free carnation instant Breakfast, and gas x strips (i read somewhere on this board that they were important).

i've got tons of stuff from the chrias store - i got soups, Isopure drinks, Unjury, and Healthwise hot chocolate (15 gms of protein in that!)

i had my GP fill my regular Rxs in liquid form. i've written my advanced directive and had it notarized (GP has a copy; i'm bringing a copy to the hospital).

i'm cleaning my house, doing laundry, and expanding my netflix queue.

tomorrow i inflate my brand-spanking-new double-high aerobed that i got just for Mom! she arrives thursday. the bed is a surprise. she thinks she's sleeping on my couch, which she says she loves, but i want her to have a "real" bed for her week here. i'm setting up my office for her. definitely nesting!

i think i am nearly ready. let's GO!!!!

~megan~

Living in Wilmington, DE area and was wondering about locals in DE, NJ and PA

Hi Delaware folks! I live about 10 mi from the DE Mem Bridge. I am anxiously awaiting pre-cert so I can finally get a surgery date. Been through all the testing, 6 months of weight management visits required by my insurance. Now just need that final blessing. My Dr. is at the Hosp. Univ Penn in Phila. Dr. Wynn was on my short-list but I visited Dr. Williams practice first. This process has been so agonizing. I just want the procedure done and to move on.

Been reading through your posts. Thanks for the Protein Shake ideas that were posted in April. I think they'll come in handy.

You all sound like you are doing just terrific. Keep up the great work!

Hi 366,

I'll be praying for you. I'm a couple of months into the process with Dr. Peters at Chrias. I'll be thinking of you and holding good thoughts.

Good Luck 366!!!! :unsure:

I also wanted to tell everyone about an AWESOME deal... QVC Outlet (in Prices Corner shopping center) has bathing suits 70% off, and they go up to (at least) size 26. They are $70+ suits for ~$21.

I just bought 4 bathing suits for $84, only $3 more than the tank of gas I bought on my way home. :biggrin: Two in my current size 24, plus a 22 and a 20 - since I'm sure they'll be tough to come by over the winter, and we use an indoor pool. I'm wondering if I should even go back and get an 18. I just can't fathom that I might need it. :lol:

They are nice, stylish suits. The same styles come in skinny sizes. And they did a nice job of minimizing my bumps and bulges.

All their other clothes are 70% off, too. But there wasn't much summer stuff, and I can't predict what size I'll be in the fall. Bummer.

Who would have thought, eh? I've never bought clothes from QVC before. I'm not a fan, and don't ever watch it. I was surprised to find them.

Hi everyone!

I had my second fill on Wednesday. Today I am on mushies and actually feel restriction for the first time since the surgery. I hope it lasts! It is wonderful to eat a few ounces of something and be satisfied for a few hours!

Megan: Today is the day. I know everything will go well for you. Pop on the board when you can. It sounds like you have everything ready to go!

Lynn: Hi! I'll have to catch up with you next week. It looks like my schedule may lighten up and I can walk. Are you still walking at the mall?

Trish: Welcome! I hope you get a date soon!

Caelyn: Welcome! I hope your journey is a smooth one!

Fairy: Thanks for the information! I am going on vacation this week and have 2 bathing suits. Actually, they are identicle, but in 2 different sizes. I may have to stop over there next week when I return. I'm going to go to the clothing exchange also. I don't have much to contribute yet, but I am beginning to notice that my shirts are quite baggy!

How are you doing otherwise?

Everyone - This reminds me to mention that while I was talking to Sam, he mentioned that St. Francis Annex will now have a "struggling" meeting with Dr. Wynn (and other doctors when she is not available) on the 2nd Wednesday of each month except December.

I mention this as much for me as anyone else. I felt like the poster child for "struggling". I finally know what restriction is now and hope to kick the weight loss in!

Well, I'm off for a few days of vacation - relaxing and wonderfully active!

Megan, Good for you! I've added your list of preparations to my getting ready list. Won't have my initial seminar/consultation till next Saturday, but gathering advice and supplies gives me something to hang on to. All the best to you!

I too have days of struggling. But luckily I am able to get back on track, usually. It is nice to know there will be some support groups for anytime there are those struggles.