Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did your toughest weight loss plateau occur?

When did your toughest weight loss plateau occur?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. When did your toughest weight loss plateau occur?

• Within the first two months after surgery - pretty discouraging to go through the surgery and not be losing weight!
    • Two to six months after surgery - sticking to the diet, but haven't yet hit your stride
    • Six to 12 months after surgery - I was doing fine at first, but
    • More than one year after surgery - those last several pounds are the toughest!
    • Having trouble maintaining - every day is a struggle.

I had surgery 26 nov 2012, I went in at 218 and today 6 Aug 1 am at 175. I have been at 175 for 3 months. It's discouraging but the weight I am at today was always the weight I maintained or would make a goal weight. I hope it moves. My goal is 155.

I had surgery 26 nov 2012, I went in at 218 and today 6 Aug 1 am at 175. I have been at 175 for 3 months. It's discouraging but the weight I am at today was always the weight I maintained or would make a goal weight. I hope it moves. My goal is 155.

I have been doing well since hitting six months the weight loss is touchy. .I used to weigh a couple times a week and would notice that every week I would lose. Now I lose maybe one week out of the month. I noticed I am hungry more often now, been trying to stay away from the bad carbs and eat more fruits and veggies. I am also gonna stop weighing as much maybe once a week..

Hello

I had my surgery in October 2013 in the first 2 weeks I lost 10 lbs now I am 7 weeks post op and my weight didn't move at all I am thinking if I will be able to lose weight with this sleeve I do 15000 steps a day plus exercise 4 times a week and eat about 1000 cal a day healthy food I am off all my medications

I am so discouraged. My surgery was on December 29th. I lost 19 pounds from my preop diet and Week 1. After that, I haven't lost an ounce. I'm so afraid that I won't lose any more weight. I'm following the diet and exercising three times a week for an hour each session. Perhaps it is my age (54)?

Has anyone had a sleeve done and not lost weight?

Hoping the weight loss will pick up again. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

Edited by knit50

I'm 3 almost 4mths postop and I have hit 2 weight loss stalls. I'm noticing inches falling off but when I saw my doctor for my 6wk follow up he said he would like me to lose another 20lbs by the next time we got together. Well that appointment is just around the corner and I have only lost 6lbs since then!!! I'm frustrated because I follow the diet, I exercise and I'm just not seeing the scale move. My clothes have gotten bigger but why am I not seeing on the scale?!! Please help!!!

At around 6-7 weeks postop I gained 3 pounds and sat there for a month. I was going through a non-surgery related illness and the meds I was taking made me super nauseous. I could barely eat or drink anything. As soon as I switched medications and started eating again the stall ended.

But I wouldn't say this or any stall was "tough". This was just the longest one. I never worried about it too much, because I knew stalls were normal.

I had my surgery done 8/12/13 my weight before surgery was 451lbs, my weight the day of my surgery was 431lbs, and my weight as of yesterday was 348lbs. I just recently got over a 9 month plateau. I have yet to have a successful fill so I've basically been losing on my own. During my plateau I tweaked my diet and my exercises.

6 months out was my 3 week (at least) stall. Finally realized I needed to crank it up in the gym a little more and eat a little different to shake it up. Thank goodness that passed, it was mentally exhausting.

Edited by redhead_che