Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did your toughest weight loss plateau occur?

When did your toughest weight loss plateau occur?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. When did your toughest weight loss plateau occur?

• Within the first two months after surgery - pretty discouraging to go through the surgery and not be losing weight!
    • Two to six months after surgery - sticking to the diet, but haven't yet hit your stride
    • Six to 12 months after surgery - I was doing fine at first, but
    • More than one year after surgery - those last several pounds are the toughest!
    • Having trouble maintaining - every day is a struggle.

I hope I'm not alone here, but weighing once a month, I never saw a platau. I'm sure I had them, but I was afraid I would get discouraged if I saw a stall or any weight gain. I knew this journey wasn't going to be a straight line from start to goal, but have ups, downs and plataus, so I didn't weigh very often.

So, I never saw stalls, plataus or increases. I was always encouraged. May have had something to do with my success, as I never did feel discouraged and was able to stay motivated with my exercise and eating habits.

Option isn't available on the poll, so I couldn't answer ...

I've been stalled on the scale for a month! I've lost a pant size though and I've never been this size in my adult life. So, the number on the scale can kiss my behind! I am so thrilled with my success so far!

I don't have a scale... mine stopped working. So, I can't tell whats actually happening. People keep commenting that I look thinner, but I can't tell. Usually though, when those comments started happening in the first months, I'd drop a size a couple weeks later. I hope thats true again! I've started feeling pretty low that I feel stuck. I've been stuck for a couple months. I have 40-ish pounds to go and I don't feel like its moving! I need a reboot!

I got stuck at 10-11 months out, but it was my fault because I stopped exercising and logging my food. I'm back on myfitnesspal and started a jogging training program and the lbs are slowly starting to come off again.

So far Im only 3.5 weeks in and I am in a stall. Of course currently I feel this is probably the toughest as its so early after surgery no one wants to feel as if the could possibly fail again.

I had real plateaus - nine weeks apiece - at roughly six months and one year post op. Both times they occurred when I hit a previous "happy weight" that my body had trouble moving past.

And of course, the last twenty pounds were brutal but I hesitate to call those periods "stalls" or "plateaus" because I did lose weight...just at the poky pace of less than a pound a week.

My honest opinion is that many people get frustrated by "stalls" or "plateaus" that don't really fit that description. Daily weighing immediately post op and in those initial months leads to many people feeling terribly frustrated with a short adjustment period (often less than even two weeks) where the scale just isn't moving. Weigh weekly or monthly and a lot of that can be avoided, and save the daily weighing for maintenance, when it's necessary to stay accountable.

~Cheri

I had real plateaus - nine weeks apiece - at roughly six months and one year post op. Both times they occurred when I hit a previous "happy weight" that my body had trouble moving past.

YES! Exactly, the weight I have been stuck at for the last 3 months now, is a weight that is a "happy weight" for my body. I was here for several years, and seem to be having a tough time pushing past it. Its my fault though. I won't blame anyone but me. I have been really distracted getting ready to move, and getting my wedding together that I've slipped off the hustle wagon and haven't been doing my workouts. I still watch what I eat, but, since I'm in my last 37/40 pounds of weight loss (with PCOS), I'm struggling! I'm sure once I kick my butt again, the scale will start moving.

The first 10-12 months was good. But then I fell off the wagon. Didn't help the holidays were around my one year point either. Gonna get back up and keep losing on.

at about two and a half weeks out I stopped losing weight for nearly three weeks no matter what I did. It was very frustrating. It passed and I'm fine now, but it SUUUUUCKED while I was going through it.

It was actually just a few moments ago. I was stuck in the high 260's for about a week, fluctuating from 266-70... its my second stall and I am only 7 weeks out. I just woke up now and getting ready for the gym. hopped on the scale and down to 264. This is exactly what happen on my last stall. Tomorrow I will be 265 and this will be my new high... will fluctuate all week from low to mid 260`s and will probably set my new all time low next week.

So far Im only 3.5 weeks in and I am in a stall. Of course currently I feel this is probably the toughest as its so early after surgery no one wants to feel as if the could possibly fail again.

I am one month out and have been the same weight for a week (dropped 18 lbs in the first 3 weeks) I also feel like my pants are getting loser, but the scale is not moving. I have decided to weigh once a week. Don't want numbers messing with my mind.

I have pretty much stalled at the goal weight I decided on before I started. Now I am wondering if my brain programed my body because of that choice. I didn't think my brain was that strong and my wife agrees. .......hey! :huh: