Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

#160 lost 1 year post op (w/ pics)

Just beautiful! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Awesome Achievment!

Amazing :) truely amazing :) thanks for posting. This surgery is Awesome!

You look beautiful and are absolutely glowing with radiant health and happiness. I will Celebrate my one year surgiversary on May 17. So far I have lost 171 pounds including pre and post op. I have not settled on a final goal weight but want to lose at least 30 - 35. additional pounds. Weight is coming off extremely slowly now. but I'm greatful its still going in the right direction. You are truly an inspiration. Could you tell me your height?

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've dropped by' date=' but I just want to give an up date and a word of encouragement. I had my one year post-op yesterday. It was a bit late (2/14/12 surgery), but anywho. I was down #160 (335-175), twenty dress sizes (28-8) and over 252 inches. If I can do this, anyone can. I had my toes in the grave. I was on 21 meds and the doc told me I would die that way...whether I lost weight or not. Because of my problems he (my PCP) didn't think I would lost a huge amount (50-60#), but he encouraged me to have it do so I could 'feel a little better about myself.' Well, I'm glad to say I proved him wrong. I did lose weight and a lot of it. I also lost all of the meds and the cane/walker/wheelchair. I am a WALKING miracle. I give praise to God for my healing. Now because I was instantly miraculously healed, but because he allowed me to find the path and the means (insurance) to get what I needed to be healed. I do believe God instantly heals somethings in some people, but I also believe he uses the hand of good physicians to administer healing. This is the way he chose to give me mine. I encourage anyone that has had a long, unyielding struggle with obesity to talk to a doctor about WLS... Sleeve in particular. If you are on the edge trying to make up your mind, take my advice. Do it! You are sick? In pain? Lonely? Depressed? What are you holding on to! You have nothing to lose, but all of that. Are there risks? Yes. Is it hard? Yes. But come on. We all know the fat has a 100% chance of causing complication/death. Is it really that much of a gamble to take a 1% chance with a surgery. You're more likely to get killed in a car wreck on the way to get your next fast food burger. Do yourself and your family/friends a favor and choose life. I did and I would do it again and again.

Before surgery (28, 335#) and on my 1 year Surgiversary (8/10, 178#)

At my 1 year post op (8, 175#) holding my old size 28 skirt.

Side view. Now a size 8.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Yes. Well look at you!!

You look beautiful and are absolutely glowing with radiant health and happiness. I will Celebrate my one year surgiversary on May 17. So far I have lost 171 pounds including pre and post op. I have not settled on a final goal weight but want to lose at least 30 - 35. additional pounds. Weight is coming off extremely slowly now. but I'm greatful its still going in the right direction. You are truly an inspiration. Could you tell me your height?

I am 5'9"

Congratulations! I too started at 335 and I can't even imagine being 175 some day. It's my goal - here's hoping!!

AWESOME JOB!!!!!! you look great and what a great story, congrats!!!!!!!

What an encouragement to read-- I think Dr. Pinson is your Dr.?? Also mine-- I am excited about the future. Thanks for sharing. The Lord is good. (:

Can I just say that you rock? =) You look amazing, and it has obviously been sooo worth it for your health! Did you have plastic surgery? Just curious because we are about the same starting weight and similar goal weight (Though I'm still about 30 out) and I'm starting to have some loose skin.

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've dropped by' date=' but I just want to give an up date and a word of encouragement. I had my one year post-op yesterday. It was a bit late (2/14/12 surgery), but anywho. I was down #160 (335-175), twenty dress sizes (28-8) and over 252 inches. If I can do this, anyone can. I had my toes in the grave. I was on 21 meds and the doc told me I would die that way...whether I lost weight or not. Because of my problems he (my PCP) didn't think I would lost a huge amount (50-60#), but he encouraged me to have it do so I could 'feel a little better about myself.' Well, I'm glad to say I proved him wrong. I did lose weight and a lot of it. I also lost all of the meds and the cane/walker/wheelchair. I am a WALKING miracle. I give praise to God for my healing. Now because I was instantly miraculously healed, but because he allowed me to find the path and the means (insurance) to get what I needed to be healed. I do believe God instantly heals somethings in some people, but I also believe he uses the hand of good physicians to administer healing. This is the way he chose to give me mine. I encourage anyone that has had a long, unyielding struggle with obesity to talk to a doctor about WLS... Sleeve in particular. If you are on the edge trying to make up your mind, take my advice. Do it! You are sick? In pain? Lonely? Depressed? What are you holding on to! You have nothing to lose, but all of that. Are there risks? Yes. Is it hard? Yes. But come on. We all know the fat has a 100% chance of causing complication/death. Is it really that much of a gamble to take a 1% chance with a surgery. You're more likely to get killed in a car wreck on the way to get your next fast food burger. Do yourself and your family/friends a favor and choose life. I did and I would do it again and again.

Before surgery (28, 335#) and on my 1 year Surgiversary (8/10, 178#)

At my 1 year post op (8, 175#) holding my old size 28 skirt.

Side view. Now a size 8.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

You look wonderful. God is so good for sure. God bless sis. Just started my journey one week ago, but already glad I did.

You look wonderful. God is so good for sure. God bless sis. Just started my journey one week ago' date=' but already glad I did.[/quote']

And how sweet is that wonderful story!!!

Congrats!!!

You look. "SIMPLY MARVELOUS "