Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry or not at all hungry after surgery

I am day 13 since surgery. Not hungry at all. Amazed at that. We're you hungry. And iif you weren't. Did that feeling last. I'm hoping this is going to always feel this way

Hunger never stopped for me. I was able to satisfy it easily but I was hungry just like I was before the surgery. My doctor told me it varies from person to person

I am hungry too. No difference from before surgery. But I clearly get full faster.

I'm 5 days out and not hungry. My tummy rumbles and k get that feeling of hunger but then I burp. I'd have to say that no, I'm not hungry.

I am 6 months out and have just started feeling hungry. I feel hungry after not eating either overnight or for a long period of time - for example yesterday I ate about 10 in the morning then did not eat until 5 (a half a bowl of soup) -when I got home at 9pm I was starving. I ate a boiled egg (because it was the quickest thing and ready in the fridge) and had a RTD muscle milk. Normally I eat "on schedule" but yesterday was unusually busy for me.

Like other people have mentioned - even when I am hungry I am satisfied after much much less food than before.

I'm never hungry . When I don't drink enough Water or get some acid I feel hungry but as soon as I atke acid pill or get some water in its gone. I'm 11 weeks out.

I get hungry when I don't feed myself Protein like I'm supposed to. For instance, I woke up at 6:30am today, sat around in the living room getting the boys off to school. I had a Dr appointment at 10am, ran by the store and got home around 11:30, by then I was hungry so I drank some protein, ate a few popsicles now I'm good to go.

I am 33 days out. I have not had hunger like before surgery. I sometimes feel a sort of hollow feeling in my belly but a boiled egg or a piece of cheese fixes me up. I don't crave sugar or fast food. I have had an easy time of it so far. Sometimes I have to make myself eat. Good luck!

I am 3 months out. I don't feel hungry but I can tell when my body needs nutrition. I am still at the stage where I have to make myself eat. I try to drink two shakes a day to keep up with my Protein needs and always take my Vitamins. 52 pounds so far, I am thrilled

I'm not even 2 weeks out yet.... But hunger is not really there ill get the munchies sometimes at night but I think it's more if a head thing as that was when used to eat alot before....

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 3 weeks out from surgery and after the first week I started being hungry. Can someone tell me if they have found a solution for the hunger. I have tried several different Protein shakes, I eat Soups, I can't seem to get all of the Water I should have each day, but I try. I just desperately need something to satisfy the hunger. I have only lost 17 lbs.

Please help!

I am 3 weeks out from surgery and after the first week I started being hungry. Can someone tell me if they have found a solution for the hunger. I have tried several different Protein shakes' date=' I eat Soups, I can't seem to get all of the Water I should have each day, but I try. I just desperately need something to satisfy the hunger. I have only lost 17 lbs.

Please help![/quote']

Are u on a ppi? (For acid)

I'm 2 weeks out and for sure hungry. It might be in my head. I'm on stage 3 so I can eat soft foods but I can't get a thing in. A couple of licks of applesauce (yes licks, not bites) and I feel like I'm gonna vomit. I try really hard to drink my Protein Shake but can't get it down. I'm worried about my health. I'm definitely not getting my needed Protein, and I'm lucky if I eat/drink 300 calories a day.

No hunger here either. I'm about 10 days post op and even the head hunger has disappeared. food no longer controls me.

Are u on a ppi? (For acid)

Can you take a PPI right after surgery if its not liquid?