Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

best green superfood powder?

I want to purchase a green superfood powder as a supplement and have narrowed my search to two choices:

1. Boku superfood

2. Amazing Grass Green Superfood

Both appear to be outstanding products based upon the research I have done.

Which would you buy and why? Do you have any other alternatives that are in the same class as these two that you would recommend?

I am not really at a place in my life where I can go mix up my own version of superfood ( not enough time nor the desire) so will be purchasing one.

I have used superfood powders in the past, but they were not good enough for me to continue on them. I do not otherwise eat very many veggies in my post op diet so I consider a superfood powder as a good alternative to getting veggies and fruit back into my diet without adding tons of calories ( a goal) or the increasing effort to go track down the equivalent veggies and prepare them for the meals for eating. That's just me and what my eating style has become post op.

Good thinking, Fiddleman. It seems by the responses thus far not too many have expertise on green super foods. Alas, neither do I. Have you considered juicing? Parsley, turnip greens, dandelion greens, etc. could be juiced with a bit of apple and made into a Water substitute. Just an idea I have been toying with since I already have a juicer.

I use Orac it's loaded with lots of good stuff.. And actually tastes good..

I use Orac it's loaded with lots of good stuff.. And actually tastes good..

I checked it out. Looks amazing! Wife and I are teetering on the edge of buying it. It has been good for you?

The Amazing Grass Green Superfood looks good too and is a bit cheaper.

I am using seperate greens powders along with others, I add them to my nutri bullet with parsley and/or spinach, some time cilantro and other greens, I can add, almonds, Protein drink powders, chias, gojis, allot of things this way and also get as much as I'd like and try for a better tasting drink.

This morning I had this NutriBlast;

Sirullini 3/4 tbln, one scoop lite muscle milk chocolate, 1/2 cup coffee, 1/4 cup prune juice, coconut Water, spinach, bluberries, tspn. chia seeds, 1 tsp. hemp Protein powder, 5 raw unsalted almonds, tspn. Cacao nibs, reishi mushroom powder, phytoplankton liquid, tbln. dulse flakes, tspn. turmeric powder.

believe it or not I like the taste, lol.

oops, forgot the 1/2 banana added.

Edited by JKG

I ended up buying the Amazing Grass Green Superfood at Amazon. $33.60 for 60 servings, free shipping,(I am a Prime member), gets here Friday. It was a hard choice between it and the ORAC but 20 bucks cheaper got to me.

I've never had anything like this before but I am normally pretty tough with drinking vile things. I used to chug down shots of green tea extract powder and Water, gut-wrenching revolting!

I may mix it with juiced parsley, kale, and apple just for fun.

I am using seperate greens powders along with others, I add them to my nutri bullet with parsley and/or spinach, some time cilantro and other greens, I can add, almonds, Protein drink powders, chias, gojis, allot of things this way and also get as much as I'd like and try for a better tasting drink.

This morning I had this NutriBlast;

Sirullini 3/4 tbln, one scoop lite muscle milk chocolate, 1/2 cup coffee, 1/4 cup prune juice, coconut Water, spinach, bluberries, tspn. chia seeds, 1 tsp. hemp Protein Powder, 5 raw unsalted almonds, tspn. Cacao nibs, reishi mushroom powder, phytoplankton liquid, tbln. dulse flakes, tspn. turmeric powder.

believe it or not I like the taste, lol.

oops, forgot the 1/2 banana added.

What a great mix! Got to be pretty expensive and finding all that would be a problem for me, I think. You live in S. Cal.?

Gman, I shop on line, I get good bargains and research each thing I get one at a time, try to get organic though which costs extra, also I only just get one or two things that cost at one time, they come in 4 oz. to a pound packaging, this last a good long while. Plus I listen to food gurus and longevity info, some on youtube, some just searching around.

I drink the Orac in a cup of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice you can mix it with any juice it's yummmaaay

also juice plus is a great I use it and my children to do! They actually get it free for 4 years. www.haveyoutriedjuiceplus.com it bridges the gap so you get the amount of servings of veggies and fruit that we will never get having the sleeve! Read up on it!!! Next best thing to fruit and veggies!!! They also have a great complete shake!!!

I ended up buying the Amazing Grass Green Superfood at Amazon. 33.60 for 60 servings' date=' free shipping,(I am a Prime member), gets here Friday. It was a hard choice between it and the ORAC but 20 bucks cheaper got to me.

I've never had anything like this before but I am normally pretty tough with drinking vile things. I used to chug down shots of green tea extract powder and Water, gut-wrenching revolting!

I may mix it with juiced parsley, kale, and apple just for fun.[/quote']

I got my order of Amazing Grass yesterday and, man, does it smell like a barn of hay! Taste is not too bad. I mixed 1 scoop with 32 oz of Water and some water flavor. How much water are you mixing a scoop with?

Yup on the hay barn smell, tastes like alfalfa to me. I used to take alfalfa tablets. I used about 16 oz of Water the first day, about 10 oz the second day. With my small banana tummy I like to get it over sooner so I concentrated it.

I have been hitting it twice a day, probably over-doing it but that's me. I put it in a whey shake with Peanut Butter and it was real good. I drank it in some coffee today, pretty strange but palatable.

It may be too soon to tell if it is having an effect on me but I do believe I am sleeping better, a huge thing for me. My bowels have been going pretty good, too. I had a slight headache after my morning dose, a good sign that toxins are being dumped.

Any effects on you yet?

I do about 10 oz of juice lots of ice and give in a good shake on the shaker bottle

I do about 10 oz of juice lots of ice and give in a good shake on the shaker bottle

I will try it with the Blender Bottle tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!