Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers-Weight Loss Stall/Slower Loss Now

I joined the gym two weeks ago and hope that it will help the weight to continue to come off as I am coming up on 7 months out. I think I have been sabatoging myself a bit because of hearing "Oh, the first six months is the honeymoon period and make the most of it" and started to let the carbs and little bites here and there sneak back in. I also know that building muscle I may not see as much weight loss but loss in inches so trying to keep it all in perspective. Only lost 1 pound this week, but it was a loss!

Hey all. I had decided to take a break from this thread a few months ago. I was starting to get obsessed with other people's losses, not remembering that this is a journey not a race. But I must agree with all of u. I was sleeved oct 2 and total loss (including pre op) is 50 lbs. I'm not fretting it tho (well I am a little). My wedding is aug 30 2014 and in order to be at my goal is 150lbs I need to lose 5lbs a month...slow and steady. I'm at 233 right now

My surg was 10/25 and I am down about 70 lbs. I spent a couple mos just losing and regaining 3-5 lbs, which is so frustrating. I noticed i was grazing a lot on bad things, the dr said make sure you are eating 1500 a day (for ME). Sure enough i wasn't. I'm still on 1 shake a day, sometimes 2. hair continues to shed but seems better now. I'm not on the boards much because i get down at others stellar progress! But will check in sometimes. Wishng everyone the best!

Oh, i started at size 22/24, now the 18's are getting loose. Yay!

F/51/sw 300/cw 229...ht 5'10

Same thing here... I was sleeved on 10/2/12 I lost 6O lbs in the first 4 months and since then I've only lost 10lbs in the past 3 months. I'm Soooooo frustrated ! I know 70 lbs Is good but I really want to loss ALL my weight. I still have about 50-60 more lbs to lose. I'm working out 1 hr a day for the last two week. The only thing I can think of is I'm not eating enough food. Any suggestions are welcomed! I'm desperate to get out of this stall!

Tmyers..try logging foods etc on My Fitness Pal. You may be surprised. My doc said if i eat less than 1300-1500 per day my wt loss will stop.. Since u are working out a lot you may need more cals. Also try to drink a lot of Water. Good luck!!!!

My NUT told me to eat around 900-1000 cals a day. I've lost 53 pounds since surgery 10/2. I have about 55-60 pounds to my goal. I started doing what my NUT said and the pounds started coming off again. I'm eating 5-6 meals a day and each meal weighs about 3oz each. She told me not to count cals and just measure and so far so good. I weigh 207.2

My NUT also said between 900 and 1000 calories a day I also work out. I am just coming out of a 2 week stall where I also gained 2 pounds, but lost 2 inches so who knows, I feel like the father away from our surgery date we get more it really does very person to person. I am going to have to work out and very closely watch what I eat forever to keep the weight off, but I am totally ok with that. Good luck

I didn't lose any weight from 4/13-5/14. My NUT told be to keep doing what I am doing and one a my body will give in. I have lost 50lbs total since surgery. I don't count preop because I gained all that back after surgery. My surgery was 10/1 and although in my mind I feel like I should have lost more, I am pleased with my progress. I am not deficient in any Vitamins according to six month labs and I am not losing an abnormal amount of hair. I did have a hiccup in my exercise routine for a couple of weeks. I was diagnosed with planter fasciitis and let me tell you it is no fun! I got a cortisone shot and I am in a night splint. I signed up for my first 5k so I gotta get this kicked in the butt.

THANK GOD I LOGGED BACK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sleeved 10/15 and have only lost a total of 49 lbs. I'm constantly in tears about it. I wake up at 5am every other day to go to the gym before work. I admit to having a cupcake in the office here or there...or a frozen yogurt with toppings but still, I haven't lost ANYTHING in 2 months...if anything, I've gone up 6 lbs. And it makes no sense. The quantity isn't bad, I'm not eating fried foods, fast foods, I'm getting in my Protein, drinking tons of Water, I'm working out...and it's gone UP!

Looks like the 7 month - 8 month time is whre people are truly stalling...I've been feeling like such a failure... :-(

THANK GOD I LOGGED BACK IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was sleeved 10/15 and have only lost a total of 49 lbs. I'm constantly in tears about it. I wake up at 5am every other day to go to the gym before work. I admit to having a cupcake in the office here or there...or a frozen yogurt with toppings but still' date=' I haven't lost ANYTHING in 2 months...if anything, I've gone up 6 lbs. And it makes no sense. The quantity isn't bad, I'm not eating fried foods, fast foods, I'm getting in my Protein, drinking tons of Water, I'm working out...and it's gone UP!

Looks like the 7 month - 8 month time is whre people are truly stalling...I've been feeling like such a failure... :-([/quote']

Hang in there! I was sleeved on 10/26 and went through a stall for 2-3 mths where I only lost a couple pounds a mth. The scales have started slowly moving again! :-)

Hang in there! I was sleeved on 10/26 and went through a stall for 2-3 mths where I only lost a couple pounds a mth. The scales have started slowly moving again! :-)

I hope you're right! Because I'm feeling like I did BEFORE the surgery...another failed "diet" and this one cost my insurance close to $100,000. If I can't make this one work, I don't know what I'm going to do...this tiny loss doesn't make any sense... :-(

Per all the research I have done regarding the sleeve a person can lose 70 percent of their excess weight within the first year to 18 months and it can take up to 2 years to lose 100 percent. I just think sometimes people get so down on themselves about slow losses and it can have a negative impact on ones journey. Also I find that too many people compare themselves to others on the forum and we are all so different. I am not trying to make you feel bad, but just bringing a little reality that not everyone loses at the same rate.

I totally agree. I've been depressing myself lately reading others' journeys. Some people have lost double what I have lost! I should be proud of the 60 pound loss.