Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers-Weight Loss Stall/Slower Loss Now

Any other October sleevers experiencing a slower weight loss this past month? From Oct to Jan my average loss was 10-13 lbs. From Jan to Feb only 5 pounds, but my clothes have suddenly gotten bigger, and people are really noticing the loss, so I'm still feeling good. But I've decided to weigh myself only once a month (surgery date-the 11th) so if lose 5 pounds I can accept it in one painful weigh-in, instead of torturing myself when the scale is finicky -see-sawing up and down 2-3 pounds.

I also only lost 5 pounds between January and February. Dr office told me I could be gaining muscle, but to also change routine up.

Here I can help you feel I bit better about your "slow" losses. I was sleeve 10/1 and down 44lbs.......you have lost at a really great speed. Don't be too down about it.

Here I can help you feel I bit better about your "slow" losses. I was sleeve 10/1 and down 44lbs.......you have lost at a really great speed. Don't be too down about it.

Hi Chica-I don't mean to make anyone feel bad if it seems to you that I've lost fast and I'm crying crocodile tears. To be honest, the posts here is what allows me to measure my success against others with my same stats. My dr didn't give me goals or figures to compare my loss with the "average". Some have lost less than me, sure, but some have also lost more. I realize the monthly average will decrease with decreased BMI. I was wondering if, at months 4-5 post op, this was typical or experienced by another sleever. Sorry if I wasn't clear. :)

Per all the research I have done regarding the sleeve a person can lose 70 percent of their excess weight within the first year to 18 months and it can take up to 2 years to lose 100 percent. I just think sometimes people get so down on themselves about slow losses and it can have a negative impact on ones journey. Also I find that too many people compare themselves to others on the forum and we are all so different. I am not trying to make you feel bad, but just bringing a little reality that not everyone loses at the same rate.

Yes! 5 pounds last month. I keep trying to say I still lost but its frustrating me. I'm hoping this month will return but I have gone to once a week weigh ins because I can't take the pain of watching the scale bounce either.

I have been on a serious stall for a few weeks. I eat about 1000 calories a day, but burn off 600 of those calories about 5 says a week. I am beyond frustrated! Oh, and I have only lost 40 pounds since surgery on October 22nd, which I guess sucks because my doctor told me that I look like I am failing. I realize I am a slower loser, but I thought it was okay. Now, a stall....I don't know what to make of it! I am still 100 pounds away from goal weight so I know it isn't that I am getting close to goal and slowing down, which is to be expected. I really would like to compare with others to see if I am failing or if I need to tell my doctor to go f#&$k off. I started at 294 day of surgery and am at 254 now. Anybody wanna compare notes, criticize me, offer tips, tell me what you are doing that is working for you, etc.... I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I just saw this and I'm so glad, I was sleeved 10/16 and I have lost 73 pounds and am really excited about it. However the second half of Febuary and so far in March my weight loss has really slowed. I keep telling myself as long as its still going down its ok. But it did take me a full month to lose 5 pounds this last month and I have stalled right now been then exact pound and ounce for about 10 days. I am going to add in another day of exercise and try and maybe switch up what I'm doing to get my loss jump started again. But I'm feeling good, I went from a size 24/26 to a size 12 so far and I've got 35 to 40 pounds to go. So excited to see where I'm at in a few more months.

Sleeved Oct 26 and down 48 pounds. My scales haven't barely moved in a couple months :-(.

I am somewhat relieved to see that it wasn't just me that hit this wall at the end of February... Unfortunately I had to stop running my couple miles a day because I began suffering from plantar fasciitis in my left foot. However even with the loss of exercise I was still losing.. It makes me almost want to go back to a liquid diet til I lose my last 30 pounds... But I see I'm not alone... Has anyone broke through this wall?Aand what change did you make to do so?

HW: 375+ Lbs

SW: 349 Lbs

CW: 260 Lbs

Goal: 230ish Lbs

I just switched back to a soft foods diet last Friday, I have lost 4 pounds in the last 3 day. I have to work out a bit less because of my lower calorie intake but I feel this may be the jump start my body needed! Here's hoping

I have noticed that I have been "picking" a bit. A taste of this, a bite of that. I was sleeved on 10/11. Last week I lost only 1 pound. Each month I have been losing approximately 10 pounds. I am getting a bit nervous. I know I have to get ramp up the exercise. I so want to get to Onderland and worry that I never will.

I recently posted about this same topic in another area...I was sleeved on 10/8 at 260lbs I hit about 176 in feb and then just stopped losing! ugh it was so frustrating! I spoke with my doctor and his response was that my body simply had to catch up, that I had lost a lot fast with no prior stalls. He said most people stall around 200lbs and that is normal. Also to give you hope I started paying attention to what I was eating a little more closely...eliminating the carbs I had been munching on and returned to my running routine and today I am 167! so stalling is all part of this journey! Hope my experience has helped and good luck you are all doing amazing!

I was sleeved on October 22, 2012 and I have lost almost 100 lbs. I had an emergency hernia surgery on March 3 so I dropped 30 lbs. in 3 weeks due to the surgery and not eating. However, I have not gained or lost any weight in the last 3-4 weeks. I have returned to work and returned to eating and exercising. I still have another 50 lbs. to lose. My doctor didn't give me a goal weight. He just said pick what fits me best. My clothes are falling off but I am too cheap to buy new ones right now since I have more to lose. I really want to be under 200 lbs. by my 43rd birthday on July 30 . . .

I am in a similar situation. I was sleeved on October 31st. I've lost 94 pounds since surgery and 104 from my highest weight. I've slowed down a lot and going back and forth 2-3 pounds each time I weigh. I'm not complaining at all. If I don't lose a single pound more it has still been worth it. I know the next 70 pounds to my "goal" will be a struggle, but I try not to stress myself over it. It's been an amazing journey so far and I look forward to what lies ahead.

This is the first time I've been on this site in a while and it is so great to see I am in line with others.