Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 1/2 months out and Gall Bladder surgery :(

I'm having mine out Wednesday. :unsure: Nervous, but thanks for starting this thread! It's really reassuring that other people have had both surgeries and done well.

Please let me know how it goes. Good luck and I know you will do fine. It is scary though just because it is another surgery! How long have you been having symptoms and what are they? I'm not nauseous but have insane pain in the chest and right side and back. Also chills and sweats. Ahh.. I will be glad when it's over. I know you will as well. :)

I was a yoyo dieter all my life, so, I had to have my gall bladder out several years ago (pre sleeve). I use to get those pain attacks all time. I had no issue's after my gall bladder was taken out, my surgery and recovery went well.

Wishing you a quick and speedy recovery with your GB situation. I was sleeved July 2012 lost 70 lbs and boom. Pain started on right rib and then went to back shoulder blades. I also had symptoms of h heart attack. My heart would just start pounding. Had GB surgery Jan 7th. It was more painful than the sleeve but I am glad to have it out. I was fine about 5 days later and lifted something I shouldn't hv and had pain for 30 days after surgery. I also took more than my fair share of Vicodin which constipated me. Finally got away from pain meds and things got way better. My advice is to take it really easy for awhile after GB surgery. Hope this helps.

Hi I actually had this happen to me after rapid weight loss of over 77 lbs in 5 months over 18 years ago after having my twins and I can still remember the pain. But the surgery isn't bad at all. No worries. Good luck!

I just got sleeved on the 18th, 1 week out I was having this weird pain, didn't think much of it, that was monday, then thursday I had a attack at night that was the worse, I had the chills so bad my teeth were chattering, I called doc on fri, he said it could be gallbladder, and I am like what? I told him I had family history, they all had it out, even day of surgery I said why not just take it out, he said no since I wasn't having issues, so now I am having issues, I have terrible pain in my right shoulder right now, I don't see him till next wed, who pays for this next surgery, me for them, I am self pay, so I am pissed about this, when they could have just taken it out. I do not want to go thru this again, I have to take tomuch time off work, and I don't get paid time off, very aggravated can you tell.

I had mine out years ago. Was my first op. It wasn't too bad . I was walking around good. I went in on Tuesday and was good by the Saturday. The attacks were the worst though so painful I feel ur pain.

I got home a couple of hours ago from my gallbladder surgery. It was honestly the easiest surgery I have EVER had! I'm in a little pain, but no where near the pain of a gallbladder attack. I was blessed with an amazing nursing staff, and I had a perfect recovery. I walked myself back to the car. Second best thing I've ever done for myself after VSG of course.

Do the surgeons check (ultrasound) your gall bladder before surgery? So they can remove it if it's already having problems? I'm thinking I should ask for this if my doctor doesn't already do it. And I'm definitely asking for the anti-gall stones meds!!

I just got sleeved on the 18th, 1 week out I was having this weird pain, didn't think much of it, that was monday, then thursday I had a attack at night that was the worse, I had the chills so bad my teeth were chattering, I called doc on fri, he said it could be gallbladder, and I am like what? I told him I had family history, they all had it out, even day of surgery I said why not just take it out, he said no since I wasn't having issues, so now I am having issues, I have terrible pain in my right shoulder right now, I don't see him till next wed, who pays for this next surgery, me for them, I am self pay, so I am pissed about this, when they could have just taken it out. I do not want to go thru this again, I have to take tomuch time off work, and I don't get paid time off, very aggravated can you tell.

Oh my goodness! I know you are!! That is crazy. I was self pay too and I asked my surgeon to take out my gall bladder when I had surgery and he didn't either. Now I have to have it out. But wow, yours so close to your sleeve! So sorry for you. My insurance should pay for it I hope since it has been 9 months. Let me know how your Dr's appointment goes.

I got home a couple of hours ago from my gallbladder surgery. It was honestly the easiest surgery I have EVER had! I'm in a little pain, but no where near the pain of a gallbladder attack. I was blessed with an amazing nursing staff, and I had a perfect recovery. I walked myself back to the car. Second best thing I've ever done for myself after VSG of course.

Thanks for posting!! I was thinking about you today. You give me hope. I pray mine is that easy. Keep in touch and let me know how you feel on your recovery.

I'm 6 months out and having the same thing!!! I went to the er once ad they found sludge. Tomorrow I go for a hida scan and an ultra sound. I hope they find something because I can't eat with out pain!

I had my gallbladder removed in January. I'm curious as to what you are eating?

Anything yogurt and shakes make it hurt the least but it just sits in my stomach and makes me feel like I am gonna throw it up.

Oh ok I was asking because I was told anything with fat will make you sick. I don't know if that applies to you. I hope this helps and you get better soon.

Hi, I am curious also! My surgeon has me on Actigol. It is to prevent gall stones. I was curious if you we're prescribed this too. I haven't been taking them exactly as I am suppose too but I will after today! I hope all is well with you and you will do fine.

Sorry, I don't have an experience, just a question. Just curious - did you take Urso Forte or anything after your surgery to prevent gall stones? I have to take until I'm 6 months post op, and I see you are over 9 months out. Good luck to you, hope all goes well for you!