Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vet's Forum

I'm confused as to why anyone would have any objection to having a closed forum available. With in a smaller group (closed forum) there is a greater chance that people will be more open and honest' date=' especially about some of the more delicate topics having to do with WLS.

IE: If I want to talk about the emotional difficulty I'm experiencing due to my decreased breast size and lowered self esteem, I would be much more likely to do that knowing that not everyone on VST would be reading my more intimate feelings.

Additionally one would always have the option of posting where ever they felt like, either closed or open.[/quote']

Don't worry Paul. I like small breasts :P

What qualifies you as a vet? Is it the number of posts or the amount of time since you have been sleeved? A lot of people spend a lot of time on this site reading but not posting. Maybe you should get credits for what you read also.

That's not what I heard :P

That's not what I heard :P

Did he say All or Small??

LOL.....see what I get for trying to make a gender absurd example. Though I can sympathize with the ladies when they talk about tube socks and tennis balls. I've wandered into TMI land huh............lol

Cool pic OTR. I personally feel as though I am a vet, I'm coming up on my one year surgiversery. I'm not sure that I have posted 100 post yet and I'm at 98 lb loss. I do still come visit the board everyday, but the question tend to be very relative, and many of the other topics just don't interest or pertain to me.

You know as I've been thinking about this, I don't believe there are any rules on being a vet. We read the posts and we know by what we read the experiences of the individuals and where they are at in their recovery. Newbies can learn from our posts as to what to expect further out and they still have the other posts for questions. I do like to keep this on a more serious level due to wanting feedback that is totally relevant to me. I love the people on this site that don't take offense to feedback and realize that we are all individuals and have the right to give our opinion in a direct manner. i do not writing a lot of words so I tend to be very direct and short. Not meant to offend anyone. This is an awesome forum and should be left open for others to read also.

Chitowngirl, you are so a vet in my opinion! Good job on your weight loss.......CONGRATS! :)

Humm I think I have a week or two before my 6 months but have 500 badly typed post :P

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I have 367 posts since I joined last July. Had surgery on Sept 10th. I feel like a newbie some days and other days I feel like a vet! I try to be open to everyone's opinions and have learned volumes from you all! Just glad this site is here, very inspirational for me!!

Cool pic OTR. I personally feel as though I am a vet' date=' I'm coming up on my one year surgiversery. I'm not sure that I have posted 100 post yet and I'm at 98 lb loss. I do still come visit the board everyday, but the question tend to be very relative, and many of the other topics just don't interest or pertain to me.

[/quote']

Uh....you have 1400 posts. That's vet-like.

I'd enjoy a private/closed forum or Facebook group for vets. I'll be a year out this summer and I'm almost at goal.

I belong to so many Facebook sleeve groups. The one I like the best is actually a sleeve recipe/meal planning group. There are people who used to be on VST on some of these fb groups.

The main reason there aren't all that many vets around here is because sleeved people are happy people. The people who usually come to boards are having problems, or are new and just want to talk to other newbies. The vets aren't having any problems. They have learned how and what to eat. We just stick around mainly to help newbies and to socialize. That's my 2 cents. I do like the powder room and the recipe section.

I have a real vets question. Do you ever force yourself to throw up? It's not like I set out to do this. I don't think " I am really going to go and eat too much and then force myself to puke"

It's more like I go out to eat with friends, I am talking and not paying attention and all of a sudden it feels like my sleeve is going to burst open. I hate that feeling. I can see how being sleeved could turn someone to bulimia. I actually have a friend that happened to. I have to be very careful and pay close attention when I am eating in restaurants.

I belong to so many Facebook sleeve groups. The one I like the best is actually a sleeve recipe/meal planning group. There are people who used to be on VST on some of these fb groups.

The main reason there aren't all that many vets around here is because sleeved people are happy people. The people who usually come to boards are having problems, or are new and just want to talk to other newbies. The vets aren't having any problems. They have learned how and what to eat. We just stick around mainly to help newbies and to socialize. That's my 2 cents. I do like the powder room and the recipe section.

I have a real vets question. Do you ever force yourself to throw up? It's not like I set out to do this. I don't think " I am really going to go and eat too much and then force myself to puke"

It's more like I go out to eat with friends, I am talking and not paying attention and all of a sudden it feels like my sleeve is going to burst open. I hate that feeling. I can see how being sleeved could turn someone to bulimia. I actually have a friend that happened to. I have to be very careful and pay close attention when I am eating in restaurants.

Thank you for your honesty OregonDaisy. In honesty, yes I have done this as well. Almost 2.5 years out (I see you 4 year anniversary is coming up, Congratulations!), and I still make mistakes! It is usually under the same type of circumstances, mindless eating. That, or if I am really hungry (I do get hungry), and I eat really fast because I am starving. Then there is so much pain, sometimes I would rather throw up than deal with how much it hurts. It is not something that happens all the time, but let's face it, before the sleeve some of us did the same thing (think Christmas supper!).

Sometimes it is a little scarey and I do worry about bulimia. The fear of regaining, the guilt over eating something "bad" for you, it could be dangerous. I was just at a support group meeting, and they were talking about this exact thing. They have studied bulimics, and from all the binging and then throwing up, they can actually distend the lower part of their esophagus enabling them to eat more. That thought alone should be enough to stop someone in their tracks.

PS, would you mind sharing the name of the recipe group. Is it a closed group, or can anyone see that I am on it? I love recipe ideas, sometimes the same old gets boring.

hi oregon daisy,

I overeat rarely now. Usually after I've had a few cocktails because I don't pay attention as well. I havent thrown up yet, but it is painful. I now have a two drink limit so that fixes that issue.

Lynda

hi oregon daisy' date='

I overeat rarely now. Usually after I've had a few cocktails because I don't pay attention as well. I havent thrown up yet, but it is painful. I now have a two drink limit so that fixes that issue.

Lynda[/quote']

I have not even had a drink in 8 months don't miss it was not a big drinker to begin with. Now I'm just worried I'll get drunk Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using VST