Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sleeved Tuesday. Got out of the hospital today. Dr. gave me the option of staying 1 more day, but I decided to come home.

I feel like crap. Stomach hurts and I'm full of gas. I'm starting; Did I do the right thing? Am I ever going to go out for a cheeseburger & fries again?

I miss food...

I think I just need some encouraging words & that its going to get better

You are really in the worst part and in a couple weeks you will be great! Plus lighter!

Here is my two cents for what it is worth!

You need gas x strips-

You are starving and you will be hungry until 3 or 4 weeks out when they let you have a piece of chicken or solid Protein.< /p>

You will eat normal again. I promise!

When you look back this will seem like such a short time in your long journey.

When I was going threw it I was so mad, I was hungry and actually cried at Whataburger when the whole team got food and I got... nothing! I was ticked off! Well now, I am 63 pounds lighter and when we go I get the grilled chicken and a couple fries or a kids cheese burger and take off the bun and a couple fries and I am completely happy and satisfied! I could eat the bun if I wanted it but I don't. I could eat more fries but I don't want them. You will be fine. It is okay to be hungry and mad now. I was. It is not forever. I wish someone would have told me that! So happy for you!

Jason, I am 2wks post op today and was very hungry last week. This week not so much, I am actually making myself eat so that I won't end up back in the hospital, so the hunger does go away. As far as the pain just give it a couple of days and you'll it'll start to get better. I stayed in the hospital for 2 days as well and about the 4th or 5th day I felt about 75% better and today no pain at all. I didn't have the gas though, but I hear gasx will be your best friend if you need it. So yes Sir it does get better and we will be slimmer and sexy on top of the better. So just hang in there there is light on the other side of the tunnel. Feel better......

You are now at the worst part of your journey, but I promise you each day you will feel better. By my 3rd week I felt completely normally. Just do as Dr and Nut have instructed and all will fall into place.. You will do great!

I got sleeved Tuesday. Got out of the hospital today. Dr. gave me the option of staying 1 more day' date=' but I decided to come home.

I feel like crap. Stomach hurts and I'm full of gas. I'm starting; Did I do the right thing? Am I ever going to go out for a cheeseburger & fries again?

I miss food...

I think I just need some encouraging words & that its going to get better

[/quote']

Jason,

I was also sleeved in Tuesday the 26th. I came home yesterday evening. Up until this morning I was vomiting/dry heaving with everything I "ate" or drank. Every time I would get up to walk or sit up, I would vomit. My nausea was through the roof. This morning my nausea was gone. (Thank God). However, the gas pains still remain. I have been out walking a couple of times today. I feel super bloated from the gases. I've been able to drink my Water today, and eat some sugar free Jello. I feel pretty good except for the gas issue. My incisions aren't too bad, neither is the site where they removed my stomach. I'm ready to be past this stage and into the "feeling normal" stage again.

As far as not being able to eat a cheeseburger and fries again??? Idk about that. I PERSONALLY don't think I will allow myself to go back there. I know it can be done in moderation, but to me that was the "drug" that got me hooked and got me here to begin with. I said my peace to that kind of food when I walked into the O.R. My new life will be full if clean food, healthier foods. I'm sure I will have bites of food that is not healthy, but I refuse to let those foods become a "meal" option for me again. Not worth it.

I have to say that I can totally relate to how you're feeling. I'm sipping and walking but the gas pains are no joke. I too just want so bad to get past this stage and onto feeling normal again. I'm not hungry but I do miss just being able to eat if I was. At this point I can't even imagine putting food in my tummy. I hope this phase passes fast cause it definitely has my spirits down. I'm thankful to have made it out alive and seemingly well though.

Jason' date='

I was also sleeved in Tuesday the 26th. I came home yesterday evening. Up until this morning I was vomiting/dry heaving with everything I "ate" or drank. Every time I would get up to walk or sit up, I would vomit. My nausea was through the roof. This morning my nausea was gone. (Thank God). However, the gas pains still remain. I have been out walking a couple of times today. I feel super bloated from the gases. I've been able to drink my Water today, and eat some sugar free Jello. I feel pretty good except for the gas issue. My incisions aren't too bad, neither is the site where they removed my stomach. I'm ready to be past this stage and into the "feeling normal" stage again.

As far as not being able to eat a cheeseburger and fries again??? Idk about that. I PERSONALLY don't think I will allow myself to go back there. I know it can be done in moderation, but to me that was the "drug" that got me hooked and got me here to begin with. I said my peace to that kind of food when I walked into the O.R. My new life will be full if clean food, healthier foods. I'm sure I will have bites of food that is not healthy, but I refuse to let those foods become a "meal" option for me again. Not worth it.[/quote']

Nicely said!