Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting in Proteins. I have tried all the shakes and really really don't.like them. I know there is a Cereal now but i also cant stomach that. My hair is falling out bad because of not getting Protein. I need help

I know this is going to sound obvious... But what about food, example costco sells a frozen turkey burger that has 35 grams of Protein... I'll get the name in a minute:)

"Kirkland premium extra lean all natural turkey burgers" 35 grams of Protein

And also trident seafoods "Alaskan salmon burgers" 20 grams of protein.

Have you tried "pure protein"? They are pretty good shakes. They have 35 grams of Protein in each 12 oz can.

From what I have learned, you have to get your protien any way you can. The shakes taste yucky, but bite the bullet. Thats what Im doing. Are you taking Biotin? Best of luck!

I have found my 'go to' shake these days is called Rockin Refuel it's a pre mixed drink made by Shamrock. The lactose free chocolate has 30 grams of Protein, and is only 190 calories.

I also drink Premier, chocolate and vanilla. Get them at costco & Sam's Club. From what I can tell here at VST, they are by far the most popular.

Just remember your body is going to use both fat AND muscle reserves when you consume less calories than you exert. This means you will be losing muscle mass and not getting your Protein in will not allow your muscles to repair themselves properly ...

get in your Protein any way you can....nasty tasting or not, suck it up...you didnt have surgery for nothing

that said, your hair is NOT falling out due to lack of Protein your hair would be falling out if you ate 200 grams of protein a day....losing hair is a unfortunate part of this process.....one a new growth cycle begins, your hair will grow back

I went through the same thing and it is still tuff! I did however find a palatable Protein Powder that has 20 GM Protein per serving. It is Amplyfied whey PRO by GNC. Believe me; I have tried a slew of powders due to the smell, taste change. Hang in there and let us know what you came up with. When you are able to eat soft foods try egg beaters or egg whites and mix in Light laughing cow cheese wedge to keep it from being so dry. A true saving food for me:)

I jut eat my Protein. With the exception of the first 3 weeks I always have. I would come up a little short the first few weeks, but eventually able to consume all my protein via food. Just so you know, it can be done