Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My turn to tell my story!

Yay Tessie!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a detailed report. I hope you have a speedy recovery and safe trip home.

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. I leave in 5 day. Dr.Garcia is my doctor too. He sounds great. Keep us posted. Glad u had such a great experience.

Great story!

I'm so happy you had such a non-eventful surgery. I bet you wish they knocked you out before going into the ER... it's kind of like making you walk to the firing squad. ;)

Glad to hear you're doing we'll. it seems to be a common theme with them having trouble starting IVs why is that? At this point I pretty much accept that will be part of the experience

It's probably because we're not allowed to drink all day and by the time they are ready to stick, we're pretty dehydrated. Any time I know I have to give blood, I try to chug a few large cups of Water as soon as I get up and ever since I started that, I haven't had an issue.

Ahh that makes sense, thanks jay

I think the fact that we are over weight (can be hard to feel for a good place to stick) and combine that with being dehydrated a bit due to not being able to drink fluids before surgery leads to the difficulty with drawing blood and placing iv's. So thankful they can do it while under for those of us that have shy veins! lol

Tessies,

Those hospital rooms can become very hot. It's a challenge to figure out the right setting on the heater. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well. I remember the sharp pains that used to come when I drank something...but now (surgery was one week ago today), those pains are a distant memory. It just gets better and better every day!

Tessies' date='

Those hospital rooms can become very hot. It's a challenge to figure out the right setting on the heater. I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well. I remember the sharp pains that used to come when I drank something...but now (surgery was one week ago today), those pains are a distant memory. It just gets better and better every day![/quote']

I'm so relieved to hear that. I have to force myself to drink because of them. It feels like weird gas pain/pressure. How long before you felt normal with drinking? This has kinda gotten my spirits down. I guess this is the regret phase everyone spoke of. If not for that I wouldn't have a complaint.

I had surgery on Thursday night...I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday night when I took some drinks and realized: no pain! Today it is really easy for me to drink...even taking a pill is normal. BTW, I am taking a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) twice a day. Good luck...you won't even believe how much better you will feel in a week!

Welcome to the losers bench

Well I have had minimal pain, barely any actually.Dr luna came and took my staples out and told me incisions are almost healed thats including my drain site, thank you Armywife!!! I followed her guidelines. Since surgery I have managed at least 8 dixiecups of gatorade and apple juice, 2 large bottles of Water and 2 gatorades! Im getting probably 40-45 oz right now but will keep working to my 64oz, im constantly sipping. Felt so great Ichanged my flight and im leaving this morning. Ifeel I will heal better at home! For those wondering I would purchase Dr Alvarez book about the sleeve I am following his diet to a T. Plus I read it on the way here which killed some time. Last night I was able to sleep on my right and left side....yeah!!!!! Also the room has a scale in it and I did NOT weigh myself after surgery, Dr luna told me to wait 2 weeks and he promised I would be down 20lbs. Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and congrats. I havent been hungry since Monday morning, I havent even felt head hunger. It onward and upwards from here :-)

Well I have had minimal pain' date=' barely any actually.Dr luna came and took my staples out and told me incisions are almost healed thats including my drain site, thank you Armywife!!! I followed her guidelines. Since surgery I have managed at least 8 dixiecups of gatorade and apple juice, 2 large bottles of Water and 2 gatorades! Im getting probably 40-45 oz right now but will keep working to my 64oz, im constantly sipping. Felt so great Ichanged my flight and im leaving this morning. Ifeel I will heal better at home! For those wondering I would purchase Dr Alvarez book about the sleeve I am following his diet to a T. Plus I read it on the way here which killed some time. Last night I was able to sleep on my right and left side....yeah!!!!! Also the room has a scale in it and I did NOT weigh myself after surgery, Dr luna told me to wait 2 weeks and he promised I would be down 20lbs. Thanks everyone for the encouraging words and congrats. I havent been hungry since Monday morning, I havent even felt head hunger. It onward and upwards from here :-)[/quote']

Thanks for sharing your experience. Happy u r not experiencing head hungry..that's what I'm afraid of. Can't wait for u to tell us when u hit the 20lbs loss!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Tessies...

Thank you do much for posted such a detailed report. BTW, it's really common even in the US in an elective surgery to have you walk into the OR, but you were probably still kinda loopy and it felt weird.

Can you please tell me how long it was before surgery that you stopped drinking Water since you didn't get done until 7:30pm? Also, what did they give you for post op pain?

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Deborah

Tessies...

Thank you do much for posted such a detailed report. BTW' date=' it's really common even in the US in an elective surgery to have you walk into the OR, but you were probably still kinda loopy and it felt weird.

Can you please tell me how long it was before surgery that you stopped drinking Water since you didn't get done until 7:30pm? Also, what did they give you for post op pain?

Glad to hear you are doing well!

Deborah

[/quote']

8 hrs prior I stopped drinking Water. I think it's called toral??? They never use morphine or codine. I have had 6 surgeries in 7 years and never walked into the OR. So it was definitely strange for me.