Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I did try them on. That is how I selected the size I liked.

The problem with photos is it is very hard for me to look at a picture of a woman and think' date=' oh, she is my size - she has my shoulders and ribcage dimensions. You can't really tell that from photos - or at least I cannot.

Like I said, she is willing to do what I want (within reason - she doesn't do mega boobs...lol) but she gave her own personal opinion that I picked a larger size then she expected and that she recommended going a little smaller. It is not measured by bra size, it is measured by putting the samples on under a sports bra, putting on a tight tshirt and deciding which "look" you prefer.

One thing to keep in mind is that when they do a lift, you lose a little of your own tissue so it is hard to exactly know what it will look like after the surgery - the trying on is an approximation.

This is exactly the reason I posted the question in this thread - I apppreciate the perspective of larger busted woman. I am told repeatedly that women's main regret is not going for bigger breasts. when they chose implants and I thought this audience might give the opposite input. :)

The man in my life just says "make sure it looks natural" - well, that is in the eye of the beholder. :)[/quote']

I work for at a plastic surgeon's office & we advise our patients to take 3 different sample sizes home so you can test them out in your regular clothes while doing your regular activities. Maybe if you ask, your surgeon will let you do that too??

It's true with a lift you will lose some of the size, so plan accordingly. This may be controversial, but since you say your broader up top, I would recommend a full D or even Small DD,* especially if you appreciate curves. I say this because I HAVE heard patients say they wish they "got them bigger," but I do not recall even one patient saying they wish they were smaller. It may happen, just not that I've heard.

Disclaimer: I do live in sunny Southern California, so you should probably take that into consideration. :D

* I can ask the ladies at work what that equates to in cc's if you think it will help?

Point of order. I love this thread! :)

Kendisue, I would be curious. In a blind study (I didnt know the cc) I picked 331(or 339, don't recall, something like that).

First time I picked them they were second smallest of the set. Next time they were the largest in the set. I theorize I will be a D, but bra sizing is so crazy.

my surgery is 3 weeks away...I am going to call and ask if I can bring them home to try on. I think i would like to try with a unlined bra, not a sports bra.

I asked the surgery coordinator at work who said 330 is good if you are already a smallish C and want to become a Mid-D (whatever will look proportional to the rest of your body). But the main thing is how you feel when trying on the sizes. Definitely a good idea to take the samples home and test them out, if you can.

BTW: I was a 40/42 E & now 36DD. When I reach my goal I will definitely be looking into a lift. (Shhh don't tell my husband. He has a thing about plastics which is hilarious considering where I work). :D

I'm still wearing a C cup. Thanks to my stomach getting smaller, my boobs look SO much BIGGER. I went from a 48/50 C to a comfortable 44 C. Granted, I have never been "professionally" measured for a bra, so maybe I was never wearing the right size. I kind of feel like they look like tennis balls hanging in sweat socks, just that they roll up to fit nicely in the bra. :blink:

CowgirlJane-

I had implants about 10 years ago and was scared I went too big and actually called my Dr. to say I wanted a smaller size and the nurse told me she had never had anyone regret going bigger only going smaller ... I can't really remember how many cc's I went with (i think 750) but my Dr. did tell me she over filled mine to fit my frame ... It's a hard decision ... But I love my big boobs :) hope they stay the same after my sleeve surgery Thursday! Good luck on making your decision :)

Thanks for the info. If I lift my boob into the right location I measure a C. It is all skin of course so it is very hard to guess how I will measure once implanted. I will be very happy if I wind up in the full C to D range. When I Tried them on I felt like I wouldn't go bigger...doc said they will look slightly smaller once implanted so I think just right...

105lb lost with another 25lb to go until goal (am now 9 1/2 months post sleeve) and my girls are shrinking though still quite big (in a way good I guess LOL). I used to be a 42DD/DDD and when last fitted, I was a 38G and now I think I'm less, so need to get remeasured. I'm guessing I am now probably a 36DD if not less?

My girls are nearly gone :( 34 B

Mine aren't getting any smaller with 45# loss. They are just melting! I was fitted last week and only went down an inch in band but same cup size. So they are just trying to reach the floor! Grrrr

Oh no you mean I could shrink a cup size!!! I'm already a B cup :( I can't go any smaller lol!!!!

I have lost 34 pounds since my surgery, boobs havent gone anywhere still in same cup size of DD I was wearing 38 now i am a 34.. Hoping they go down at least to a nice D... I wouldn't like my body to look unproportioned :unsure: ... but we'll see boobs always do whatever they want to do.... <_<

I'm terrified of losing my boobs my surgery is next month I wear a 38 m and love my boobs I don't know what I would do if I lost them

I'm thinking you might lose some if they're an m. A British show about breasts said that cup size D ( I think it was d) was the equivalent to two 5 lb of sugar. They put small breasted women in this bra and put sticking filled w sugar in them. They complained of back pain and awkward balance. They also had to get used to the looks:) I'm a 36 f and I love the girls.