Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 days out....Vets please tell me it gets better?

Tell me this get better, will I be able to drink in more than sips, will my sleeve relax a little?

Yes, once the swelling goes down, you will be able to take normal swallows of liquids. But don't rush it, take small sips until you know how much your new stomach can hold. I found out the hard way - you ain't gonna like it.

Congrats on making it this far.

post-46516-13813663455469_thumb.jpg

Tell me this get better' date=' will I be able to drink in more than sips, will my sleeve relax a little?[/quote']

Diamoneyed I am 7weeks out and hun you will feel better just take it one day at a time! I was able to drink about 9 days later when I went for my checkup but I could still feel the tightness when it went dwn my throat then a few weeks later I was fine! Your sleeve is just swollen right now but you will feel better just keep sippin and walking and what ever you do in whatever stage you go through eat and drink slowwwwww! I hope you feel better soon hun

Yes it will all get better! 10 days out means you are still very much in the healing stages!!

Be kind to yourself and patient and know that it does get better!

If you want time frames I would say 4 weeks is when I felt 100% again and at three months I am able to drink my Water without sipping little bits at a time :)

Yes' date=' once the swelling goes down, you will be able to take normal swallows of liquids. But don't rush it, take small sips until you know how much your new stomach can hold. I found out the hard way - you ain't gonna like it.

Congrats on making it this far.

[/quote']

Thanks so much.. I have a feeling of regret today, wonder why I just couldnt stick to WW....I needed a little encouragement.

Diamoneyed I am 7weeks out and hun you will feel better just take it one day at a time! I was able to drink about 9 days later when I went for my checkup but I could still feel the tightness when it went dwn my throat then a few weeks later I was fine! Your sleeve is just swollen right now but you will feel better just keep sippin and walking and what ever you do in whatever stage you go through eat and drink slowwwwww! I hope you feel better soon hun

Thanks so much, I needed a little encouragement today, feeling regretful a little.

You should begin feel better anyday now. I was off from work three weeks after my procedure and actually returned to work the day I returned to smushie foods. Whatever you do, don't exceed the consumption determined by your physician/nutritionist. They set the amounts based on what they know our new tummy can handle. Right now just concentrate on getting in your Protein, Fluid and Vitamins to include Biotin to reduce hairloss as much as possible. Best of everything to you during your journey.

Yes it will all get better! 10 days out means you are still very much in the healing stages!!

Be kind to yourself and patient and know that it does get better!

If you want time frames I would say 4 weeks is when I felt 100% again and at three months I am able to drink my Water without sipping little bits at a time :)

thanks so much

A year and a half post op here....and it gets so much better! You will get through this and you will be smiling on the other side! :)

Oh Diamond! I've been wanting to post just this for two weeks now. Some time yesterday, 25 days out, I feel like I really started to turn the corner to something that looks/feels like myself again. My patient support person posts about the 10 day phenomenon, that at about 10 days out the hormones and frustration just come home to roost... you're right on time as was I!

As so many will tell you, you're normal, it's a process and you'll find your new normal soon. That said... it sucks for the time being and it's okay.

I'll tell you what... indulge in the buyer's remorse for today. Sometimes we need to do that for our hearts. We had VSG, not a lobotomy, our heads have to catch up.

Oh diamond, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way! I'm so happy that you're healthy and healing and your surgery was a success, that's the bright side, along with weight loss.

I can imagine the first month just plain Sucks, and it will be VERY hard not to just bite everyone's heads off and be a raging lunatic. Not having food to turn to will be hard, and I have a lot of nuisances in a day. Add pain on top of that and stupid tiny sips, I might go stark raving mad. "/so I can't say I know how you feel, I can say tht I can picture how you feel and it's kinda bleak. But, cliche as it is, "this too, shall pass."

I'm sorry you're going through this. :( I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling so much better.

Are you in pain? Have you tried warmer Water? Warm herbal teas? Other liquids that might be less harsh? I know you know all this, after all, you've researched this longer than me. I know too, that sometimes in the thick of it, it's easy to forget stuff you've been packing your head full of for months.

Thanks so much' date=' I needed a little encouragement today, feeling regretful a little.[/quote']

Feeling regretful is very normal and you wouldnt be human if u ddnt but once you start feeling better you will feel like you made a great decision! The hardest part is over Surgery itself! Now just take it one day at a time and just try to do what I call Double R (Rest and Recovery)!

I'm 12 days out and I just realized that I"m taking normal (not gulps) drinks of fluids! I am able to get in much more Water this way. In the beginning you're so focused on every little sip that it becomes frustrating. I JUST realized that I'm not even thinking about the drinking anymore!

Hang in there! You're a couple days behind me. It will get better every day!

Tell me this get better' date=' will I be able to drink in more than sips, will my sleeve relax a little?[/quote']

Yes..in the beginning I was not able to "drink". Honestly a straw helped me more than anything even though some doctors don't recommend them. I asked my NUT what the scientific basis was for advising I straw use and she said there really wasn't any, so as long as I didn't gulp air, I could use one and found once I did my intake went up. I wasn't able to drink very cold liquids so for the first month I drank room temp or warm liquids. I wasn't able to drink just plain Water until about 3 months post op. I now enjoy 32 oz per day of Water. So yes..it will get better. You may still have some swelling that hasn't gone down yet...hang in there..it gets better. And I will be 11 months post op on March the 3rd.

girl hang in there! i know just what you mean! I am 5 weeks out and every day gets better and better but I also had regrets right after surgery. I even said "what have i done to myself?" give it a little time. It is so hard at first to think you will ever enjoy food or drink again. The way we eat is different now. SLOW is the key. Full is Not comfortable so you dont have to be stuffed to enjoy food. I missed what I thought was my old friend "food" but have come to realize i depended on food for way to much! Dont loose sight of the goal and remember it only gets better and better with each day.