Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many of you recent sleevers are hungry?

I was sleeved 12/20/12 and I still don't feel hunger at all. I wonder if I ever will?

I was sleeved Thursday April 4th and I'm always hungry??? Trying to load up on Protein every chance I get. I am so glad my follow up is this Thursday!!!!

Sleeved 3/28. Cant say I've felt hunger yet. I only know Ive fallen behind on needing something because I get a little dizzy with overactivity and not taking in any calories.

I only felt hunger till I got my reflux under control, since I got the prescription I'm rarely hungry.

Revision 1/31/13 by Dr Cabrera and Venezuela in MX

I felt what I thought was hunger early on, but it was always followed by heartburn or reflux. At my second week I started taking generic Prilosec twice a day (per my doctor) - it took a couple of days to really kick in and is now totally gone. Now, I feel what I think is real hunger - usually about 3 hours after I eat and it comes on suddenly. I'm still on purees/soft, but after I eat about 1/4 - 1/2 cup I'm very full and don't think about food at all.

I did not feel real hunger till about 4 months out. Now at nearly 11 months out I get truly hungry between each meal. The really great news is that it takes very little to satisfy that hunger. I was resisting Snacks for quite a while as I didn't want to be eating all the time. To be honest I used to be almost afraid of hunger. I have become much better at ignoring hunger. I no longer fear it. Even though it isn't always easy, it is all so worth it, even thru the bad days.

I was sleeved 5/17/12. Highest weight 374; Surgery date 320; current weight 206; dropped 8 sizes, lost 22 inches from my waist, 6 inches from my neck, regained my ability to walk and stand longer than 3 minutes, and gone off most of my medications. I am happier than I ever dreamed, and feel so good.

I did not feel real hunger till about 4 months out. Now at nearly 11 months out I get truly hungry between each meal. The really great news is that it takes very little to satisfy that hunger. I was resisting Snacks for quite a while as I didn't want to be eating all the time. To be honest I used to be almost afraid of hunger. I have become much better at ignoring hunger. I no longer fear it. Even though it isn't always easy, it is all so worth it, even thru the bad days.

I was sleeved 5/17/12. Highest weight 374; Surgery date 320; current weight 206; dropped 8 sizes, lost 22 inches from my waist, 6 inches from my neck, regained my ability to walk and stand longer than 3 minutes, and gone off most of my medications. I am happier than I ever dreamed, and feel so good.

I just posted this reply in another forum' date=' so I copied and pasted..

I was sleeved on 1/2 and I felt hungry all the time as well. I thought it was just me until I found this forum (thank goodness) and then realized that everyone is different. My hunger has really not gone away, so I eat when I am hungry and keep my calories per day between 800 and 900 a day (as per my nut). I have learned tho, that Protein will full me up quickly, which works out perfect, so I make sure I get lots of protein's in, and I stay away from most carbs. I usually eat about six small meals a day. I am down about 36 pounds, and happy with my results so far.. I use the app 'Lose it" to track my calories.. So eat when you are hungry, its the choices of food that will matter the most..[/quote']

I am very happy to hear this. I got sleeved last week 4/3 n for the first like three days ghe thought of food was discusting. Now I feel like I'm being deprived on this full liquid diet smh. Ant suggestion? My return date for nut is 4/16

I was sleeved Thursday April 4th and I'm always hungry??? Trying to load up on Protein every chance I get. I am so glad my follow up is this Thursday!!!!

Omg yes that's me also. I got sleeved on 4/3 n I'm starting to feel deprived.

I had mine on march 25th and I'm having a hard time finding food that makes me feel content. Does anyone else feel this way?

The hunger did come back for me. I'm 6 months out and now get hungry. I wish I understood better how this process would affect me. I mean, I did the reading, attended nutrition classes, support groups and interacted here. But I'm just realizing now with the wisdom of looking back...how things change. Don't get me wrong, I feel great, I've lost about 56+ lbs and I would do it all again.....but I can't help feeling that I should have taken what I read to heart more and not rushed to 'feel normal' again. Enjoy the honeymoon period!!