Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is best to wear post op?

I wore a nightgown so there would be no restriction at my waist.

what about walking through hotel :)

yoga pants and a loose tshirt? I also bought one of those pajama bra things. lol

Oh. I was in a hospital. Maybe you should take both. If the pjs irritate your stomach, you may not care what people think about the nightgown.

I was wondering the same thing. I got a loose pair of pj pants and a t shirt plus a nightgown. That way I can wear whatever I want. On a side note I bought the pants from the thrift store as I didn't have any loose pj pants already and didn't wanna spend a lot of money on something I won't be wearing for long.

They will be coming in often to check your incisions and empty your drain. A shirt is much easier to lift up than a nightgown.

I had a pair of pants that I bought from target that had a waist that was very loose and stretchy thats what I wore and was fine. dont forget to wear a sports bra no steel because it put pressure on your tummy.

I found very soft and comfortable nightgowns at Target! I got a couple of different ones, and then a black robe from the same brand. They were perfect!! You will definitely be more comfortable in nightgowns. Even yoga pants are a little constricting at first. Your stomach will be very bloated for a few days.

Ok ladies, this is my first sleeve coming up in May, but unfortunately, not even close to my first abdominal surgery!!! Lol I've had a total of SIX now (place band, remove band, replace band, gallbladder, 2 c-sections and hysterectomy... Yikes)!!! I'm going to tell you the greatest secret I have in my surgical arsenal after all that experience...

Maternity pajama/yoga pants!!!!!

I know it's a little embarrassing to think about going in and buying maternity pants when we already feel like everyone and their mother are looking at how fat we are (hint, they're probably not lol), BUT a fellow "bandster" told me this before my first abdominal surgery (after I posted about not being a nightgown kinda girl, with my monster thighs making me uncomfortable and all) and I never turned back! It gives you a bunch of room and therefore loose fabric over those sensitive incisions and tummies and they cover up perfectly with a big t-shirt. No one will know the difference. I'm bringing mine from my last pregnancy with me in May!! Loose, comfy and acceptable in public!

BTW, Target usually had the best selection at the best price when I was pregnant a year ago!! :)

I found very soft and comfortable nightgowns at Target! I got a couple of different ones' date=' and then a black robe from the same brand. They were perfect!! You will definitely be more comfortable in nightgowns. Even yoga pants are a little constricting at first. Your stomach will be very bloated for a few days.[/quote']

I found really comfy pj's and robe at Target also...socks for 1.50 and comfy slippers for walking in the hospital...

I found really comfy pj's and robe at Target also...socks for 1.50 and comfy slippers for walking in the hospital...

If you are by yourself (like I was!) putting on socks is not an option as you likely won't be able to bend over to put them on. Something to think about!

DP. Sorry :(

I wanted to wear my own pjs in the hosp but with my iv that wasn't possible i had to stick to hosp gowns w snaps so the iv can be fed thru the arm. Even a bathrobe was out bc of the iv. I just had a hosp gown on backward to walk.

Edit to add i didnt go to Mexico i just seen the name of topic n responded

I have some loose fitting, elastic waist, cotton capri set. Roomy. And a long roomy night gown.

Amanda Rar