Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you handle PMs?

I agree Laura' date=' but we still want to fix this problem in a manner that would really help VST ( big picture thinking).[/quote']

Just bumped the thread about it... Check it out.

Regardless of where the FAQ is, people won't find it and will need to be linked to it. I think most people use the app, and sticky threads in the app are on a different tab (I didn't even notice them at first). I like the idea that only vets can post, but I think the way that threads work is that someone has to go in and edit the first post to add things that people have put in the comments. Maybe you guys could talk to Alex about it. Maybe he could make a webpage on here that was not a forum post, and you guys could put things there. Or you could maintain it on a different website like someone's blog and just link to that.

(I feel a bit guilty posting here because I'm not a vet, but I have been involved in a lot of forums and websites)

I agree with all the points mentioned above and I'm in middle of rectifying the situation. We're going to have actual pages of just content that are outside the forum but still part of the web site. Some will be info about surgery and the others will be a help section on how to use all the features on the site as well as the app. I'd be very happy to add a FAQ area as well. We're also coding our own app from scratch and we've fixed the sticky issue you mentioned in the beta app being tested by some of our members. We'll have the ability to display any data from the site within the new app once it goes live. I think most members will be (pleasantly) surprised once we roll out the new community we've been working on the last few months.

That sounds so good, and I can't wait! How do we find out how to help with the site? I really appreciate all of the hard work you put in behind the scenes.

That sounds so good, and I can't wait! How do we find out how to help with the site? I really appreciate all of the hard work you put in behind the scenes.

Just take it easy and rest up until we launch the new community. We can get started once it's live. There will be tons to do at that point....

I'm looking forward to seeing a FAQ section that can be provided as a link for quick answers. Sometimes I spend a lot of time digging for something I saw two years ago that someone is asking about again.

New community, that sounds a bit scary but I'm open!

Lynda

Can't wait to see the new community . I hope it's not too much different than this one .. We always complain until we get used to a new format. It's hard at first..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches