Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 50 yrs old about to be sleeved on the 28 my question is there anyone out there in my age range and if so how successful was the surgery and the weight loss so far?

I am 47. There are bunches of us. I had no difficulty with the surgery. Doctors are strange. Mine told me that he expected me to do well because I am "young and free of cardiac complications". So remember, by medical definition, you are young. :)

Im over 50 and I had no complications at all.. I was healthy going into the surgery not on any medications what so ever. Im post op since dec 20th.. im down 56lbs.. so yes I have had a great success rate.. my doc is very proud of me.. I stick to the game plan and follow all the rules and diet phases.. and im more than happy with the outcome.. only one regret.... I didnt do it sooner. best of luck..

I just turned 49, had my surgery last September 10th, reached my goal weight yesterday and have lost 78.2 pounds. I had no issues with surgery. Don't worry if you are healthy and committed you will do great!

I'm 53 and thus far have not had any difficulties or complications. Prior to the surgery I drilled and drilled my surgeon about pain (I'm a punk when it comes to pain) I didn't have any pain at all, no gas or any discomfort. My surgery was on 10/08/12, so far I have lost 74lbs. I have quite a bit more to go. :)

I'm 49 and just had surgery a couple of days ago and everything is going fine. I hope to be close to goal weight by the time I turn 50 in July.

I'm 48 years old and I haven't had any problems other than the regular post surgical issues. But pre op I was on two Bp meds now I'm on none. I feel great and now that I've dropped 12 dress sizes look better lol. Good luck you will be fine

I'm 53 years old. Had my surgery on 11/6/12. No complications at all. To date I have lost 62 pounds.

I turned 49 on Sept 17 and my sleeve procedure was conducted on Sept. 18. I started out at 293 in April, 2012 when I started my surgeon's program. By the date of my sleeve, Sept. 18, I had lost down to 268. This morning when I weighed, Feb. 25, 2013, I am now at 208. Total lost is 85 lbs. Feeling great now and looking forward to future weight loss. My procedure went well and I have not had any problems (sickness) since the procedure. The day of surgery and the next couple of days were difficult. Nothing anyone can't handle with the future reward you'll have. I thank my surgeon everyday for giving me my life back! Feel great, energy has returned. Best of luck to you. You'll do and feel GREAT afterward.

Thanks So Much Everyone !!!!!!you helped ease my Worries. I am am healthy for the most part I take 1 BP pill but that's it. And I am a person that goes by the rules

I'm 50 and had my surgery 3 weeks ago today. Absolutely no complications whatsoever. My primary care doctor even took me off Lipitor that I have been on for 12 years. That was exciting!! I'm 28 lbs down. I started at 258 and i weighed in at 230 this am. very happy so far!!