Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going to miss the most

I think I'm going to miss my morning Diet Coke more than anything else. I don't drink coffee, so Diet Coke has been my morning source of caffeine for years. I know the carbonation is a no-no post-op so I will weaning myself over the next 3 weeks or so, until I start my pre-op diet.

What do you think you'll miss the most, post-op?

~Kat

I am 6 weeks post op and what i miss the most is bread! I am too scared to try it!

One of the things I do miss the most is my former Sunday lunch ritual at the Chinese buffet. They had such good tea.

i was sleeved this past wednesday.. honestly i'm not missing much because i am not hungry at all.

i'm sure something will pop up one of these days, but for now i'm feeling good. i too was a diet coke addict, dropped it cold turkey and haven't skipped a beat. maybe try switching to green tea or coffee if you need the caffeine, but remember you'll have to drink extra Water to combat the caffeine's diuretic action.

...remember you'll have to drink extra Water to combat the caffeine's diuretic action.

Actually caffeine in low to moderate amounts doesn't have a diuretic effect :) It's only at high doses that it becomes an issue.

I am being sleeved in 3 days, I think I am going to miss my morning toast the most. It is english muffin bread with real butter and it is my biggest treat all day.

I will not miss wearing black, feeling invisible, being envious of the skinny girls, seeing my profile in the mirror or feeling like I want to curl up and die every time I leave a dressing room at the mall.

I am 6 weeks post op and what i miss the most is bread! I am too scared to try it!

I'm sure I'll miss carbs...bread, pastries, etc. I'm an admitted carb addict.

I am thinking it will be kind of like being an ex-smoker. I don't miss smoking, not even a little bit. I don't like the smell and I always hated the taste. Sometimes, when I'm really, really stressed out, I think for a split second that a cigarette would be nice...but it passes pretty quickly.

~Kat

i was sleeved this past wednesday.. honestly i'm not missing much because i am not hungry at all.

i'm sure something will pop up one of these days, but for now i'm feeling good. i too was a diet coke addict, dropped it cold turkey and haven't skipped a beat. maybe try switching to green tea or coffee if you need the caffeine, but remember you'll have to drink extra Water to combat the caffeine's diuretic action.

I don't hate coffee, but living in Florida where it's often 80+ degrees in the morning for 8 months out of the year, it always seemed ridiculous to be drinking something hot. :) I might switch to unsweetened tea. I'm currently a big Water drinker, after working last year to get my Diet Coke habit down from about 3 liters a day to about 20 oz. I don't like plain water, though, and usually am drinking water with True Lemon or a lime or something in it. I'm not too worried about the diuretic effect, though, of any caffeine I might get.

~Kat

I think I'm going to miss my morning Diet Coke more than anything else. I don't drink coffee, so Diet Coke has been my morning source of caffeine for years. I know the carbonation is a no-no post-op so I will weaning myself over the next 3 weeks or so, until I start my pre-op diet.

~Kat

I used to drink at least 3 diet Dr. Pepper a day. Honestly, I drank them up until the day before my surgery. I thought I would really suffer after without them. I think I have shocked everyone because I have no desire what so ever for a soda. I have nothing caffeinated since surgery and do not miss it at all.

I miss downing a diet dr pepper lol

I still enjoy one every now and then but it's tiny sips and just isn't as satisfying as the huge gulp that it gives u that satisfying burn :P

But it's so worth it!!

I thought I wouldn't be able to go without my morning coffee, which had been the case before surgery. I'm finding now that I'm skipping the morning coffee because I needed to concentrate on drinking my morning Protein Drink, which takes me what seems like forever to drink. I can't fit both in my stomach, so I chose, and I'm doing good without it. I think it's also that I have more energy and don't need to morning caffine jolt to get going. I am going to miss everything that is bad for me to eat, especially taco truck tacos. LOL

I'm sure I'll miss carbs...bread' date=' pastries, etc. I'm an admitted carb addict.

I am thinking it will be kind of like being an ex-smoker. I don't miss smoking, not even a little bit. I don't like the smell and I always hated the taste. Sometimes, when I'm really, really stressed out, I think for a split second that a cigarette would be nice...but it passes pretty quickly.

~Kat[/quote']

I have those moments too. A very fleeting, and foreign thought, of wanting a cigarette.

Amanda Rae

Chaparra, totally forgot about taco truck tacos! :) ..lol you can add those to my list too.

I think I'm going to miss my morning Diet Coke more than anything else. I don't drink coffee' date=' so Diet Coke has been my morning source of caffeine for years. I know the carbonation is a no-no post-op so I will weaning myself over the next 3 weeks or so, until I start my pre-op diet.

~Kat[/quote']

Ditto! I could have written this post myself! I'm gonna miss my diet coke!

I will miss diet coke and sparkling Water. I'm already gluten free so going without starch won't be a big deal.