Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before and After Pics

10 minutes ago, Tiffany84 said:

51lb down since July 29th. It has been a really hard road.

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image0.0.jpg

you look fantastic

On 9/29/2022 at 7:25 PM, Mariann812 said:

Spinoza: I am so thankful! ❤️❤️❤️🤗

Wow you look fabulous!!! You make me feel so much better I am 62 and been thinking about cancelling before I even have my date, I am so nervous , but I know that I will be so much healthier. What did they do about the hiatal hernia?

Thank you! This is the best thing I’ve ever done for me!
My surgeon repaired the hiatal hernia (Type IV-massive) by finessing my digestive system down into my abdomen where it should have been, closed the hole in my diaphragm, performed gastric bypass, and ‘fashioned’ a new stomach the size of an egg.
I have not had heartburn, reflux, and I can’t imagine being more pleased than I am right now. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 hour ago, Mariann812 said:

Thank you! This is the best thing I’ve ever done for me!
My surgeon repaired the hiatal hernia (Type IV-massive) by finessing my digestive system down into my abdomen where it should have been, closed the hole in my diaphragm, performed gastric bypass, and ‘fashioned’ a new stomach the size of an egg.
I have not had heartburn, reflux, and I can’t imagine being more pleased than I am right now. Let me know if you have any questions.

How much have you lost and do you have any recommendations on liquids lol?

9 minutes ago, Giginc said:

9 minutes ago, Giginc said:

I’ve lost 60 lbs in just under 4 months. 🤗

liquids: all I drink is Water (64 Oz) and I have 1 cup of coffee a day. I have lost my taste for coffee. I go through phases craving other things. I haven’t done Crystal Lite except for my first 2 weeks post op. I felt like the longer I drank it, my weight loss slowed. I have always noticed that about me and artificial sweeteners in steady, large amounts.

on the liquid phase of post op, I had Bone Broth, sugar free Jello, sugar free ice pops, AND water. 🤦🏻‍♀️
there is some recipe floating around on this site I think for mashed potatoes with cream of chicken Soup and the lumps are strained out. It’s delicious and I was happy to have that for dinner every day. It’s all really a blur now. I had no appetite and I still dont, so I made sure I met hydration levels. When I was able to do that, I added in Protein. I think I used Atkins because I detested Fairlife and Core and the others. The surgeon told me to be hydrated first and then concentrate on protein. Atkins has a 30 g of Protein Shake that I try to have once a day now. I know that I don’t eat anywhere near the calories I am suppose to, but I am simply not hungry and I take my Vitamin with Iron so I’m not going to worry about it.
my biggest most constant craving is salad. 🤣🤣🤣 With a small amount of sugar free Salad Dressing and crisp lettuce, and white meat chicken (Panera), I’m good. I try to meet the protein numbers with Atkins Protein Wafer Crisp bars (1 a day). I read every single label before I buy anything, and I’m enjoying cooking for the first time in forever. Making things yourself is a great way to be sure you are getting what you need. Shrimp, salmon, egg white/egg salad are all things I enjoy.
mom wracking my brain trying to remember 2 days post op. I know I was supposed to drink clear s/f Gatorade or something, but I was so nauseous (even with Patches, etc) that I did ice pops, jello, and the next day I was able to graduate to broth, and Protein Shakes. I stayed on liquids for a long time-maybe 5-6 weeks because I wasn’t hungry, it was the dead of summer, and I didn’t feel like going on to the soft foods phase. Mashed potatoes were great, and I literally could not eat more than a tablespoon before I was full.

19 minutes ago, Mariann812 said:

I’ve lost 60 lbs in just under 4 months. 🤗

liquids: all I drink is Water (64 Oz) and I have 1 cup of coffee a day. I have lost my taste for coffee. I go through phases craving other things. I haven’t done Crystal Lite except for my first 2 weeks post op. I felt like the longer I drank it, my weight loss slowed. I have always noticed that about me and artificial sweeteners in steady, large amounts.

on the liquid phase of post op, I had Bone Broth, sugar free Jello, sugar free ice pops, AND Water. 🤦🏻‍♀️
there is some recipe floating around on this site I think for mashed potatoes with cream of chicken Soup and the lumps are strained out. It’s delicious and I was happy to have that for dinner every day. It’s all really a blur now. I had no appetite and I still dont, so I made sure I met hydration levels. When I was able to do that, I added in Protein. I think I used Atkins because I detested Fairlife and Core and the others. The surgeon told me to be hydrated first and then concentrate on Protein. Atkins has a 30 g of Protein Shake that I try to have once a day now. I know that I don’t eat anywhere near the calories I am suppose to, but I am simply not hungry and I take my Vitamin with Iron so I’m not going to worry about it.
my biggest most constant craving is salad. 🤣🤣🤣 With a small amount of sugar free Salad Dressing and crisp lettuce, and white meat chicken (Panera), I’m good. I try to meet the protein numbers with Atkins Protein Wafer Crisp bars (1 a day). I read every single label before I buy anything, and I’m enjoying cooking for the first time in forever. Making things yourself is a great way to be sure you are getting what you need. Shrimp, salmon, egg white/egg salad are all things I enjoy.
mom wracking my brain trying to remember 2 days post op. I know I was supposed to drink clear s/f Gatorade or something, but I was so nauseous (even with Patches, etc) that I did ice pops, Jello, and the next day I was able to graduate to broth, and Protein Shakes. I stayed on liquids for a long time-maybe 5-6 weeks because I wasn’t hungry, it was the dead of summer, and I didn’t feel like going on to the soft foods phase. Mashed potatoes were great, and I literally could not eat more than a tablespoon before I was full.

60 pounds is awesome And thanks so much for the info. That is wild my favorite thing is SALAD. I know I will miss it in the beginning for sure. You have been so helpful~ I don't like the Fairlife or CORE shakes either and not crazy about premiere.. I did the Atkins years ago and I remember them being pretty good. I will try those again. Have to do the ready made,

Definitely going to try the mashed potato concoction. I have tried Bone Broth just not a fan, I like "better than bouillon"so I will probably stick with that.

So great to meet someone my age and just really looking forward to this exciting journey and hopefully have as much success as you have !! Take care!

17 hours ago, danita75 said:

I am around 10 months out but need to loose 20/30 more and can’t!

You look amazing, you must feel it too.

Ok, so here is a different kind of Before and After.

Been having Body Fat Percentage on the brain after a short discussion of it on the food B&A thread.

I’m 5’2”, 118.8 lbs this morning, down from 235 lbs 4 years ago.

Picture on the left is me 2 years ago (Summer, 2020), when i was working out regularly and eating pretty low-carb. I was probably 115 (or less) at the time, body fat percentage 13-18%.

Picture in the right is me today (118.8 lbs), wearing the same shirt and bra, but not the weight belt that i was wearing in the 2020 pic (which is why my waist looks tiny in that pic). Body fat estimated at 29%.

I def do like better how my bod looked a couple years ago, but not soooo much that im willing to put in the effort to get back there, ha!

So lesson(s) for the day are:

1. number on the scale is NOT the only factor that determines “health” or fitness level.

2. Sometimes u need to weigh a particular goal with the effort required to achieve/maintain it and decide if its for you.

3. Getting to and staying at a particular fitness level takes effort. Regular, and consistent, effort. I am in awe and admiration of those who can get and STAY fit. It’s hard, man!

18 hours ago, redhead_che said:

This is my halfway point. 75lbs left to lose! 3x to xl so far.

Just wow, you don't look to be the same person. Your confidence must be soaring

These are the Christmas pants I got from my family last year. I weighed 250lbs Dec 2021 & I've lost 67lbs since then!

PXL_20221015_182802562_2.jpg

First photo is from an Alaskan cruise in 2019. The second is at 60 lbs loss while on vacation in Miami.

Before and After 65 lbs.png

My turn!!! First pic is pre-surgery. Needed a cane to get around. Was in a size 28. Second pics are from today (about 10 minutes ago) and down 90 pounds. In a size 22. No more cane!!!

307696523_1290052385158236_6860894633540972040_n.jpg

315383469_1333348257495315_116152460578103021_n.jpg

315424367_1333348310828643_7887402068387181346_n.jpg

Edited by SleeveDiva2022