Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before and After Pics

On 10/21/2021 at 7:58 AM, vikingbeast said:

Since I am now halfway between my heavy weight and my goal weight, I thought I'd show myself. I lost 26 lbs. on my own, then 9 lbs. on the pre-op diet, and 41 lbs. so far since surgery (five weeks ago). I only "see" the changes when I look at before-and-after pictures. I'm starting to see what I'll look like further along and I ain't mad about it.

76 lbs. down, 76 to go.

WhoaWereHalfwayThere.png

Look at you lookin' like a Scandinavian snack right there! 🤩

You look absolutely amazing! I can’t believe those are 4month results!!!!
Your killin it lady!

On 11/9/2021 at 9:12 AM, TheRealPennyD said:

Nice job!!

How are you doing now? Our stats are very similar, and you look great in this photo! Great work.

I am down to 130lbs (-70lbs) at 7 months post op! I've gone from a size 12 to 2 and expect to be in maintenance now. Weight loss has definitely flatted out, but I am SO happy with where I'm at now. If I can keep myself at the current weight, I'd be a happy camper! How are you doing?!

IMG-0698.jpg

21 hours ago, ShoreGal68 said:

I am down to 130lbs (-70lbs) at 7 months post op! I've gone from a size 12 to 2 and expect to be in maintenance now. Weight loss has definitely flatted out, but I am SO happy with where I'm at now. If I can keep myself at the current weight, I'd be a happy camper! How are you doing?!

IMG-0698.jpg

Wow!! Fantastic!!! You are my goals and we have the same stats. My surgery is in 19 days, I'm starting the pre-op diet at 197. I will lyk how it goes!

22 minutes ago, TheRealPennyD said:

Wow!! Fantastic!!! You are my goals and we have the same stats. My surgery is in 19 days, I'm starting the pre-op diet at 197. I will lyk how it goes!

I’m so excited for you! It has been by far THE BEST thing I have ever done for myself and completely life changing. I remember before I started looking at inspo pictures and thinking I’d be happy just getting halfway to where they were…I set my goal for 140 and still can’t believe I was able to hit it and surpass it in 7 months. The time has flown by.

Best advice I can give is be Consistent with the Protein, Vitamin, and Water goals, move your body 5x a week even if it’s just a walk, and be easy on yourself! The scale fluctuates so I only checked once a week and that helped me from mentally spiraling when I’d hit stalls (which will happen). Best of luck and keep me posted! Happy to stay in touch along the journey.

1 minute ago, ShoreGal68 said:

I’m so excited for you! It has been by far THE BEST thing I have ever done for myself and completely life changing. I remember before I started looking at inspo pictures and thinking I’d be happy just getting halfway to where they were…I set my goal for 140 and still can’t believe I was able to hit it and surpass it in 7 months. The time has flown by.

Best advice I can give is be Consistent with the Protein, Vitamin, and Water goals, move your body 5x a week even if it’s just a walk, and be easy on yourself! The scale fluctuates so I only checked once a week and that helped me from mentally spiraling when I’d hit stalls (which will happen). Best of luck and keep me posted! Happy to stay in touch along the journey.

Also I think the pre op diet is probably the hardest part of the whole journey so just stick to it even when you don’t feel motivated and know that in the blink of an eye you’ll be past it and it will all be worth it.

On 11/12/2021 at 2:46 PM, ShoreGal68 said:

IMG-0698.jpg

You look amazing. You also don't seem to have a lot of loose skin. Congrats for achieving your goal. Do you have a before pic for comparison?

Also would love to learn of your physical activity/exercise routine whenever you have time to share.

23 hours ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

You look amazing. You also don't seem to have a lot of loose skin. Congrats for achieving your goal. Do you have a before pic for comparison?

Also would love to learn of your physical activity/exercise routine whenever you have time to share.

Thank you so much!! It means a lot to hear that after such a long journey struggling with weight my whole life. Here’s a few before and afters including a tiktok I made but never posted haha.

I’ve been very lucky with having minimal loose skin. I have been taking a collagen supplement daily and started that months before the surgery. I think that combined with a good strength training regimen and perhaps also because I got the surgery at a relatively young age (33) helped.

For workouts I do an hour 5-6x a week; half cardio (indoor cycling or running) and half strength training. All of my strength has been the peloton strength classes. If you happen to have a peloton membership You can see my full program on my profile DucesWild, follow me!! Highly highly recommend peloton it has made it so much easier, convenient, and fun to workout. Finding classes I actually enjoyed and not pushing myself too hard, just committing to staying consistent moving my body, whether it be a walk or yoga on days I didn’t feel well, that has been the KEY so far. Hope this helps! Happy to share more details.

603BB3F9-E92D-4552-823A-02E333C9B885.jpeg

47EBFFA4-F669-4F23-9949-A2CCFC4C1486.jpeg

40815B9F-8CC7-43F8-B0E2-606C0D640A39.jpeg

Nov 3rd I made 8months. I am 110 pounds down 13 more to go. I am very grateful for this journey. From a size 24 to a size 6.

SW 268,CW 158 CollageMaker_20211121_210255300.thumb.jpg.de4747b2d884ce4b1e863a34a0f6d583.jpg

Edited by Chantrella

On 11/10/2021 at 8:55 PM, Smanky said:

Look at you lookin' like a Scandinavian snack right there! 🤩

You look amazing