Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before and After Pics

Congratulations you look great...

Congratulations you look great...

Thank you very much, I appreciate it!! :)

130 lbs down, about 30 more until goal.

attachicon.gif image.jpg

look at you!! Beautiful!! Do you have any success tips? I'm feeling very discouraged..I had the sleeve in June..I'm losing on an average between 7-8 lbs per month..would you say that is normal? And losing tons of hair..help! ;-)

attachicon.gif image.jpg

look at you!! Beautiful!! Do you have any success tips? I'm feeling very discouraged..I had the sleeve in June..I'm losing on an average between 7-8 lbs per month..would you say that is normal? And losing tons of hair..help! ;-)
Hey there!! Don't get discouraged!! Everyone's body is different. I lost 30 lbs my first month out, then lost anywhere from 9-15 lbs every month after that. I'm a little over 10 months out now. I focus on Protein first and eat less than 20 carbs per day (on most days!). I keep my calories really low (700 a day max) because my NUT and doctor specifically tell me to do so. I drink 80-100 oz of Water a day. I walked 3 times a week up until about 3 months ago when I started lifting weights and doing T25 in addition to running. I don't know if my weight loss has been fast, slow, normal - I've just stuck to it and tried to eat in a way that is sustainable for me and my next 60 years of life! Haha.

My best advice to you? Get off these boards, or anything else that makes you compare yourself, or feel like you're losing too "slowly," or whatever. I quit social media and message boards a few months in unless I had a specific question or concern, and I only came back once every few months to update. Your journey is yours and no one else's - focus on it and you will be rewarded! :)

PS I got unbelievably lucky and didn't lose any hair. I took Biotin every day and used Biotin shampoo! No clue if that is what made the difference, but worth a shot!

Edited by dashofsunshine

attachicon.gif image.jpg

I only average losing 4 to 5 lbs a month the last 6 months or so. My surgery was last November. I am not to concerned at rate of loss. Its a lifestyle change, so as long as i know i am eating right the weight will slowly come off until it levels out at some point. I am down from 308 to 186. 1 more pound and I will be happy to be "overweight" lol as my BMI will be under 30 froma high of 50 moving me from obese to overweight. Only we understand that becoming "overweight" is a big milestone. Others would think thats not good lol

We are now almost 11 and 10 months post op and looking good :) down 120 and 160 lbs respectively

I want my husband to do it with me but he doesn't want to give up beer and food.... which you have to sever your relationship with food. Do you guys have a YouTube???
My wife was determined to get the surgery but i wasnt on board for me until my back went out again and went to back surgeon who said if i didnt get weight off surgery would be pointless on my back as would happen again. So that made up my mind. My wife chose gastric bypass, i went with gastric sleeve so if i wanted in moderation to have a beer or some fries etc i could and not get dumping syndrome.. So your husband "could" in theory enjoy some of his favorite items down the road as treats in moderation, but my relationship with food has changed for sure. I eat much healthier choices now, but also not afraid to have some treats. Like every diet in the world, its all about calorie intake and how much you burn. So if i have a treat or drink, i still try and stay under my daily calorie total. Even if you read my horror story and what i went thru post op, im an advocate to others to get the wls surgery and improve their health. Was still worth it for me. Good luck
Where do I read your story?
Not sure how to paste it but you can search by posts made by me.. Will be one with over a 100 comments. I think titled prayers needed or something started late last year
I tried to find it but couldn't. Oh well. Did you have bypass?

post-235696-14438460389105_thumb.jpg

240 to 120lbs. 5'6!

I had the sleeve 10

Months ago.

Wow you look amazing.

Congratulations ????????????????. Fabulous job

We are now almost 11 and 10 months post op and looking good :) down 120 and 160 lbs respectively

I want my husband to do it with me but he doesn't want to give up beer and food.... which you have to sever your relationship with food. Do you guys have a YouTube???
My wife was determined to get the surgery but i wasnt on board for me until my back went out again and went to back surgeon who said if i didnt get weight off surgery would be pointless on my back as would happen again. So that made up my mind. My wife chose gastric bypass, i went with gastric sleeve so if i wanted in moderation to have a beer or some fries etc i could and not get dumping syndrome.. So your husband "could" in theory enjoy some of his favorite items down the road as treats in moderation, but my relationship with food has changed for sure. I eat much healthier choices now, but also not afraid to have some treats. Like every diet in the world, its all about calorie intake and how much you burn. So if i have a treat or drink, i still try and stay under my daily calorie total. Even if you read my horror story and what i went thru post op, im an advocate to others to get the wls surgery and improve their health. Was still worth it for me. Good luck
Not sure how to paste it but you can search by posts made by me.. Will be one with over a 100 comments. I think titled prayers needed or something started late last year

Sleeve

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/325654-Heading-back-to-ER-again,-prayers-please

You are simple a living doll! I've lost 220 lbs. from my heaviest weight ever and 120 lbs. since my gastric sleeve and prediet. Wow, you're just perfect. I mean that with the utmost respect

I've reached the 120 lbs. lossed mark right at 4 months since my prediet. I feel great and so blessed. I'm down from taking 19 necessary medicines with a diagnosis of congestive heart failure to taking 2 necessary MEDS with one soon to not be needed. I am pain free, happy, and walk and move around more than I have in 25 years. I used to weigh 447 and today I was 227. I am so blessed. I hope you see what I see. I had a super hard first 3 months post surgery. I am 56 and live in Florida. Love my family, exercise when I can and getting ready to starting lifting lightly again soon. God is good.... All the time!.... Just me.... Jim