Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before and After Pics

post-180859-14100491941533_thumb.jpg post-180859-14100494156061_thumb.jpg post-180859-14100494365877_thumb.jpg

This is my journey of weight loss!

Surgery was 7/15/13, and I weighed 265 pounds! I am currently 148, and wearing a size small- medium shirt and 8/10 pants and before was in atleast a 22 pants and XL shirt

Taylormarie you have made a marvelous transition girl. You look absolutely like a different person, your beautiful smile is the only thing that gives it away.

Congratulations, Mark I was sleeved on July 24th right after you. I have lost one half my body weight. Feeling great.

Mark

post-171958-0-37288600-1410051407_thumb.jpg

post-171958-0-62129400-1410051440_thumb.jpg

I love this thread!!! It's so exciting seeing the amazing progress everyone has and continue to make. Makes me that much more excited to get mine done so I can join you all!

Keep up the amazing work!

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1409989135.657912.jpg 100 pounds gone forever. Surgery was 11/27/2013. HW 262 CW 160 GW 140

You look AWESOME!!!

I love this thread!!! It's so exciting seeing the amazing progress everyone has and continue to make. Makes me that much more excited to get mine done so I can join you all!

Keep up the amazing work!

I agree! I love seeing all the pics. It's so encouraging and motivating. I'm a newbi, I just had mine on the 26th. No success story yet but have lost 20 since the preop. When is you're date?

I agree! I love seeing all the pics. It's so encouraging and motivating. I'm a newbi, I just had mine on the 26th. No success story yet but have lost 20 since the preop. When is you're date?

I don't have my date yet. I'm still in the pre-op stages. I've got insurance and my part taken care of. I've had my blood work and EKG. Still waiting on my sleep study but hope to her that in the next couple weeks.

Toughest part is the 38lbs that I need to lose. Ugh! I'm down almost 10 based on my home scale. If all goes according to my plan (fingers crossed), I'll have it the first week of November!

How was the surgery? I'm scared of it! Lol

Edited by angierue

I don't have my date yet. I'm still in the pre-op stages. I've got insurance and my part taken care of. I've had my blood work and EKG. Still waiting on my sleep study but hope to her that in the next couple weeks.

Toughest part is the 38lbs that I need to lose. Ugh! I'm down almost 10 based on my home scale. If all goes according to my plan (fingers crossed), I'll have it the first week of November!

How was the surgery? I'm scared of it! Lol

You have to come down a specific weight!? I don't know if I could have done that. I'll send prayers your way. Did they put you on a special diet? I'd have to cheat and go straight adkins diet.

The surgery went great as far as no complications. When I woke up I was hit with an unexpected amount of pain. Not my actual stomach but I felt like I had been stabbed...a bunch...It was kind of rough the 1st couple of days. I'm not sure that that's normal though. I think most people only experience mild discomfort. Maybe some doctors have better technique. I have chronic pain issues anyways so maybe that had something to do with it?

Now I'm 12 days post and I feel great! Even when I was dealing with the pain I never looked back. I knew that would end in time and I had/have so much to look forward too.

Who is your doctor? Where are you having yours done?

Taylormarie you have made a marvelous transition girl. You look absolutely like a different person, your beautiful smile is the only thing that gives it away. Congratulations, Mark I was sleeved on July 24th right after you. I have lost one half my body weight. Feeling great. Mark

Way to go!! Amazing changes!

You have to come down a specific weight!? I don't know if I could have done that. I'll send prayers your way. Did they put you on a special diet? I'd have to cheat and go straight adkins diet.

The surgery went great as far as no complications. When I woke up I was hit with an unexpected amount of pain. Not my actual stomach but I felt like I had been stabbed...a bunch...It was kind of rough the 1st couple of days. I'm not sure that that's normal though. I think most people only experience mild discomfort. Maybe some doctors have better technique. I have chronic pain issues anyways so maybe that had something to do with it?

Now I'm 12 days post and I feel great! Even when I was dealing with the pain I never looked back. I knew that would end in time and I had/have so much to look forward too.

Yes, my doctor wants me to lose 10% of my starting weight. It's supposed to aid in the surgery by reducing the size of your liver and making more room for them to maneuver. It also helps shrink/soften the stomach. I've been very diligent for almost 2 weeks and I'm down just shy of 11lbs according my home scale. So yay! Lol

I'm having it done in Edmond, Oklahoma by Dr Walton at the Weight Wise Bariatric clinic.

I have a fairly high pain tolerance so I'm not too worried about that, just afraid I'll be that 3% with crazy complications. Lol!

How's the hunger feelings?

That is pretty standard 10%, I had to do it as well. I also had to attend 3 support groups, a pshyc test, and nutrition classes :) but it was all well worth it in the end.

You will like Dr. Walton. He is the doctor that assisted my surgeon Dr. Hamilton Le. I had my surgery on the 24th of July 2013 at Integris hospital. I know of very few people that had many complications at Weight Wise. I had none also. Best of luck for you.

Everyone look so great keep up the good work. I have to put my pics together

Hunger has not been a real problem for me. Maybe more frequent then I'd like but that's not a big deal. Sometimes it's a little sad when I think I want something specific knowing I can't have it or very much of it. But then after I've had a couple ( small ) bites or a Protein Shake I'm over it. Love my new tiny tummy!