Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your biggest fear after surgery?

The main thing is that this too will fail and I'll always be over 400lbs. Plus complications/ leaks. Moving around right after the surgery. That my mom is spending this money out of her 401K and it will be all for nothing. ;(

Mine was any type of medical needs after surgery. My insurance will not cover anything wls related.. Including urgent or life saving means.

The main thing is that this too will fail and I'll always be over 400lbs. Plus complications/ leaks. Moving around right after the surgery. That my mom is spending this money out of her 401K and it will be all for nothing. ;(

Omg.. What a sweet loving mom! You're so blessed. Don't worry about success.. Once you're on your way you will love your journey and always see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Or scale in our situation ;-)

Don't worry it will be all for something! You will do this and the weight will come off. You will do great!! Best wishes.

I fear another failed WLS. I am afraid of getting my hopes up and not getting results.

And (because I have faith this will all work for me despite my fears) I'm afraid my husband won't leave me alone once I'm really losing ;) He's pretty darn handsy now!!! lol

Complications leaks and or worse hospitalization. I'm afraid of how my little girl would handle the situation if I went through that. Also the head hunger

Complications leaks and or worse hospitalization. I'm afraid of how my little girl would handle the situation if I went through that. Also the head hunger

I think a that is my worse gear too! Having anything else go wrong. I mean I am overweight with no other issues. So my fear is something going wrong and my children suffering because of my decision to have this. :(

Yea I think of anything agonizing me, that is my toughest issue

My biggest fear is not being successful... Somedays I feel like I will be the ONE and ONLY person who fails miserably, and this is all psychological, I am aware of the fact that if you follow the reccomendations there really is no way you could fail.

Strangely enough (considering my biggest fear) my other fear is that I won't know how to live life as a normal size person... I have spent years assuming people were judging me and everything because of my weight...

Believe it or not I have had a really hard time accepting that I am successful with this! I see a councelor regularly and his theory about my fears is my being overweight has been one of the only consistant things in my life (i had a shitty childhood and shitty parents).

Biggest fear is that I will not lose the weight or be able to maintain it if I do.

Leaks, PE, strictures, I am scared!!!