Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 Months Post Op. 6 Weeks Pregnant. Protein Shakes?

Well I didn't quite get to my goal, about 47lbs short and now I've discovered I have a bun in the oven.

I have/had PCOS and my husband had motility issues so we thought it would never happen. Well we got the surprise of a lifetime. Now I'm wondering if Protein shakes(casein and isopure) are ok during pregnancy. They're a staple in my diet, i have a shake every morning for Breakfast.

Has anyone heard from their Dr about Protein shakes being okay during pregnancy?

I go see my Dr Wednesday but wanted to see what the concensus is.

No advice, just wanted to say congrats! You are blessed!

-Kendra

I have no advice either (sorry!) but I also wanted to say congrats! I never thought I'd have a baby and had my son 8mths ago. Best thing to ever happen to me. Good luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy!

congrats and best wishes on your new journey in becoming a mum xxx

I've been told Protein Shakes are a ok during pregnancy as long as that's not the only thing you are consuming, and not having way to much Protein.< /p>

shakes are fine according to my doc and for a while were the only way I could get real Protein due to morning sickness. shakes didn't bother me but just about all food made me sick for months.

They're a fantastic way to up your nutritional stats and add calories to your daily intake.

Congrats!

~Cheri

Wow congrats on baby on way

Again, no advice... just wanted to say congratulations from one PCOS-girl to another! Hope I am lucky too! My fiance and I have decided that at the end of this year we are going to take on a if it happens it happens approach. ;) I hope to get to goal first!

Thank you all for the kind words. I'll update after my Dr appt tomorrow. Fingers crossed