Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious as to how much weight I'll lose

I am 38 years old. 6' 331lbs. BMI of 44. Well, I was 331 pounds 10 days ago. I am down to 320 pounds this morning.

My surgery is coming up on Tuesday. I am wondering how much weight I will eventually lose. My surgeon did not necessarily give me a goal weight.

I am very very active. I have 5 kids, lift weights, run, coach baseball and basketball, and even did a full Ironman triathlon four years ago. My problem is: I eat too much. I am having the surgery in hopes that it will help me with the food aspect. I am not a "grazer", & I don't eat a bunch of junk or sweets. My problem is 20 Oz. steaks and too much wine. I know my new stomach won't allow that.

As active as I am, I hope to try and get down to 199 pounds. A "normal" weight according to the BMI tables would be 186 pounds.

What do you think?

How much weight you lose is up to you, because your sleeve can easily make you lose 100+ pounds but if you're not eating right or exercising your stomach can stretch and you can regain some of your weight. The healthier you are in your choices the more weight you will lose. The sleeve is just a helper but at the end of the day we all still have to make those necessary life changes... I was more of a burger kinda gal who loves drinking ciders and I am 3 days post op and its tough but I know in the end it's gonna be worth it! So stay positive and try to make as many healthy decisions as you can ( we're only human so eating something bad once in a while is bound to happen )

I think you will lose most of your access weight. I also don't eat junk food BUT eat stews in large quantities. Sounds like this is exactly what you need. according to my doc 60-70% of your access weight will be lost. Good luck

How much weight you lose is up to you, because your sleeve can easily make you lose 100+ pounds but if you're not eating right or exercising your stomach can stretch and you can regain some of your weight.

The sleeve does not "stretch." The fundus, which is the stretchy part of the stomach, is removed. As your sleeve heals, the swelling goes down and relaxes. You can challenge your sleeve by eating too much, which can begin to feel normal to you if you do it often. There are a lot of discussions in the forums on the topic of sleeve stretch and has been a question many of us have discussed with our surgeons.

How much weight you lose is up to you' date=' because your sleeve can easily make you lose 100+ pounds but if you're not eating right or exercising your stomach can stretch and you can regain some of your weight. The healthier you are in your choices the more weight you will lose. The sleeve is just a helper but at the end of the day we all still have to make those necessary life changes... I was more of a burger kinda gal who loves drinking ciders and I am 3 days post op and its tough but I know in the end it's gonna be worth it! So stay positive and try to make as many healthy decisions as you can ( we're only human so eating something bad once in a while is bound to happen )[/quote']

My doc said. Ur sleave wont and. Can't. Stretch although. I worry. It. Will. Its all in my head

I am 38 years old. 6' 331lbs. BMI of 44. Well, I was 331 pounds 10 days ago. I am down to 320 pounds this morning.

My surgery is coming up on Tuesday. I am wondering how much weight I will eventually lose. My surgeon did not necessarily give me a goal weight.

I am very very active. I have 5 kids, lift weights, run, coach baseball and basketball, and even did a full Ironman triathlon four years ago. My problem is: I eat too much. I am having the surgery in hopes that it will help me with the food aspect. I am not a "grazer", & I don't eat a bunch of junk or sweets. My problem is 20 Oz. steaks and too much wine. I know my new stomach won't allow that.

As active as I am, I hope to try and get down to 199 pounds. A "normal" weight according to the BMI tables would be 186 pounds.

What do you think?

Jason I think that's very doable. I started out day of surgery weighing in at 330 lbs in April. My goal weight is 170 lbs. And right now I've lost 83% of my excess. Today I stand at 195.8. So I'm here to tell you that, yes! It's very doable. Just always make healthy food choices and exercise, exercise, exercise!

God bless you on your journey.

I'm one month out from surgery. I'm currently losing 5 pounds a week. Even if that goes down to 4 pounds, I'll reach my goal by the end of the year.