Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

two weeks post-op and severe insomnia.

The last two nights have been miserable for me. I cannot sleep and at is driving me crazy. My eyes get tired and my body is tired, but there is something inside of me that is just not shutting off and going to sleep. I feel like this has to coincide with my transition to full liquids, which also happened two days ago. I lay here and my whole body feels agitated. My legs are restless, I have little pins and needles here and there. Not the kind that you get when a body part has gone to sleep, but... I don't know how to describe them. Just these little annoyances here and there on my body that make me fidget, scratch, and just want to scream my bloody head off. Twice now I have had a mini temper tantrum out of sheer frustration where I just throw the cover off and flail my legs like a two year old not getting her way. I was up all of night before last, finally fell asleep after dawn and woke up 30 effing minutes later. I did get some more fitful and interrupted sleep after that for a while. I have been up all night tonight, Not one minute of sleep. I do have medicine I can take, and I guess I'm going to have to. I just haven't because between all of my regular medications and my Vitamins, I feel like I'm taking something every 5 minutes, and these Protein Shakes are making me feel so full that it is just work trying to get everything in. I have two things on hand I can take. One is a prescription, and it leaves me so incredibly groggy all day that I'm useless. The other is Tylenol PM, and I just haven't done the research to make sure it's okay to take it. I'm pretty sure it is, so I'm about to just take it and sleep all morning. I'm really wondering if it's something in the Premier Protein drink kicking up the restless leg syndrome. It's seriously about to make me kick a wall in frustration. Thanks for listening. x[

UUUUUUUUUUGH! I'm out of Tylenol PM! *sobs*

oh noes kati! I have been having trouble sleeping as well. My body finally shuts off but it's far from restful sleep. I'm completely tormented by the tape running in my head that won't shut up. I called the dr office yesterday because I'd had it, they doubled my dose of sleep aid. I can feel the anxiety washing over my skin like a hot flash and it's so upsetting.

Sleep was better last night but still a far cry from feeling like myself. I keep telling myself all the reasons why I had the surgery but I'm completely miserable right now.

I hope last night went better for you too.

I've been trusting my ambien since this started with me. I know exactly how you feel. I've been up since 3 am and since I have no work tomorrow I just took another dose. This insomnia sucks. Glad to know I'm not alone with it. I really hope you start getting some good sleep soon!!

It's anxiety guys my nurse confirmed it for me yesterday, I'm 6wks. out n I'm going through the same thing. I go to bed at 10 n up by 2 or 3 everyday. IM TIRED ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Try Zzzzquil that's should help. I had the same issue and it help. Good Luck

I'm with u all... Up at night.. So during the day I get sleepy and have no energy!! Ugh!!!

Have you tried anything for it? Calms forte, rescuer remedy, melatonin?

I'm also having issues with insomnia! For the past few weeks, I'm so tired I cry because I just can't sleep. I sleep in 4 hour intervals. Even when I don't set an alarm, I just wake up around the 4 hour mark, and then I can't back to sleep.

I'm taking ambien right now, but it's doing nothing for me. It's very frustrating because it's affecting my life and my school work. So I definitely feel your pain!

I'm having the same problem. In the day I get sleepy and at night I can't sleep. Is 2:33 am and I'm still up. Hope this get better for us.

I suffer from insomnia my sleeve is 25 days away.. ZzzzQuil and melatonin are the best! Melatonin : It's natural they have a spray you spray under your tongue and a pill that dissolves in your mouth. It's what most night shifters use to sleep during the day to try and sleep.

Hey guys as u can c I'm up in the A.M. again.I just took another small dose of zzzquil so I can get some rest, I don't know how to stop the madness I'm cranky n snapping heads off because I'm restless this must stop. I'm going to try something's n I'll let u guys know. Well later I'm going to find something boring on tv that might put me to sleep.< /p>

I was given torazodone for sleep. It definitely puts my lights out but like a lot of you I'm waking up prematurely. Its getting better slowly. I really need to talk to a therapist. Even though I feel like I made the right decision, when I first wake up I can feel the anxiety running through my body about what magnitude of what I've done. It takes a while to come off if that. Then I'm wide awake and that just adds more anxiety.