Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

(Almost) 15th Month Update!

Hey all, I used to be fairly active on here but life has kept me busy! I'm not at goal yet (I'm still about 30 pounds away) but I just wanted to give an update plus some pics!

Some NSVs:

Can shave without it being a contortionist act.

Those annoyingly tight squeezes in between two not completely pushed in chairs? Don't really bother me!

I now look at a pair of pants or a shirt and think, "Oh geez, that's definitely not going to fit," and it does!

I don't feel as subconscious at work, as if people are looking down on me because of my weight.

Lost a whole shoe size and can now wear even more cute shoes! Having a size 10 shoe wasn't very fun.

Can shop in the "normal" section in clothing stores! No more x's in my labels! Basically can't wear anything from Lane Bryant.

Got the confidence to join a dating site (I'm not really a bar scene kind of gal) and have been dating the most amazing man for 6 months now. :)

Went from a ring size of 8-9, and am now a 5 1/2-6!

Sometimes my work involves going up and down stairs a lot while being quick about it. I don't get out of breath doing it!

Not as much knee or hip pain (hurt my knee when I was younger, and the added weight made it worse).

Started out in the morbidly obese BMI range, and am now safely in the overweight range.

Never had much trouble in booths, it was movie theater seats that gave me problems. I wasn't very comfortable if I was seeing a movie with someone else, and with being so pear shaped, the arm rests dug into my legs and hips. Not anymore!

I started out at 289 pounds. I remember being so depressed that I knew I couldn't let myself get to 300, by any means necessary. I was a size 24-26 pant and size 2x shirt.

I am now between 179-181, so a 110 pound total loss so far. I'm in a 12-14 pant, and M-L shirt (both depend greatly on cut and brand).

My goal is to be 150, a single digit number pant (would love size 6, but will take 8 since I think my thighs and hips have a mind of their own!), and S-M shirt size. I also just want to be in the normal BMI range (even if it's at the top) and healthy.

Here are some pic updates. I think I look pretty good for still being considered overweight. ;)

post-19211-13813663277738_thumb.jpg

post-19211-13813663278207_thumb.jpg

More than looking good, and you do look fantastic is that you feel so good. I can feel the happiness in your words. It is all working out for you and big congrats on your relationship. Be happy and keep on enjoying the " new you", you'll reach goal yet:)

thanks so much for posting, i'm a little more than 2 weeks out and having a hard time. these posts from long term give me hope that I will eventually get my head sorted out and enjoy the weight loss.

Do you still enjoy food and how much can you eat?

You look amazing! Congrats on your weight loss and the NSVs! Livinglifeout is right - your happiness is evident in your words! Congrats on your relationship! :)

I'm in the last stretch to goal too - have about 20 lbs to lose. Isnt it the hardest? I'm truly hoping I get to goal within the second surgiversary. Have you been doing anything special now that you are more than a year out? If it is okay to ask - did you have any lose skin issue? Is it manageable? Would love to hear from you! :)

Congratulations. Awesome job!!

congrats, thank you for sharing the NSV's.

Dee

You look fabulous! Keep up the good work!

You look so fantastic!

Thank you for sharing your story. It made me a little emotional because so many of the things you said were things I feel myself. This is such an amazing, crazy journey and sometimes it's good to have to sit down, look at it and reflect a little.

Congratulations on all your success and for being so open about your experience.