Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im not loosing any weight after VSG surgery

First' date=' I'm so sorry for your struggle. If you read many of these threads, we all fear this could be us, so I can imagine how you might feel. People here have given some good advice about tracking food, Protein, and other things that are recommended. You might also want to get a book, since it sounds like there is not a lot of support or education with your surgeon. I downloaded one to my phone (just go to Amazon and research books for gastric sleeve). I had been given most of the same information from my Dr/NUT, but still thought it was valuable, and you might find it to be a helpful reference. It will give you some general guidelines to follow. Good luck and let us know how you do.[/quote']

The people on this site are very nice not like my surgeon.they try to give me a lot of advice I'm really greatfull and overwhelmed at the same time I found a book on amazon called" the Sleeved Life" is that what you mean? Or if there is a better one please send me the title of the book that you recommend I don't know how to download a book from amazon on my IPad and I couldn't find any books about VSG on IBooks

How are you doing? Have not heard from you in awhile. Has your weight started moving yet? I hope everything is going better for you. Please keep in touch and let me know if theres anything I can help you with.

We have a GNC that's the only health- Vitamin shop we have I will try to go there tomorrow and ask for Protein shakes maybe they have it .i don't think I can order any food online I don't think they will deliver it to the Middle East

GNC is perfect. They have a wide variety of shakes. Try to buy ready to drink of a very small jar of powder as some of them are truly gross tasting

Done Did It!

You may have to break your recipes down in myfitnesspal. Such as:

1/2 cup rice

1t oil

1 cup greens

1/2 cup fava Beans

or whatever your recipe is... there is a place in MFP where you can put in your recipes and how many servings, and go back and check it in without having to list all the ingredients every time... You can make your own smoothie with yogurt and fruit or Protein powder.... I do not worry about the carbs so much... eat Protein first, then salad and veg, then carbs.... don't worry about carbs in milk products or Beans, it is healthy for you in my opinion. I am 2 years out, and you can eat more at this time. Fill up on veggies if you are still hungry. For exercise you can dance around the house... march in place in front of the TV or to the radio...youtube has good exercises. I take belly dance lessons, and dance around the house... there are lots of good lessons on youtube. If it is proper in your neighborhood, you could take walks with your son after school at a park or in a mall. It is so sad that your Doctor is so uninformative and rude to you. He sounds like his "bedside manners" are horrible. Best of luck to you.

How are you doing? Have not heard from you in awhile. Has your weight started moving yet? I hope everything is going better for you. Please keep in touch and let me know if theres anything I can help you with.

Hi I've been eating the food from the diet center I told you about before a lady told me to eat the Protein then the salad then the carbs so I ve been doing that also you asked me to go back to my doctor and ask but I was to shy to tell you that I'm really scared to talk to him because he will insult me as usual . I lost 2 pounds is that good? I didn't exercise yet because I don't know how to find time for it the nearest GYM to me is 30-40 min away and I can't go in the morning because the GYM opens from 10 am to 9pm I work from 7am to 4pm so I was thinking to buy a treadmill and walk on it after my son goes to sleep what do you think?

The tredmill is a great idea. As for your surgeon he should be ashamed of himself. I think if you keep coming to the forum we can help you get out of the stall your in. As for the 2lbs that is great! It has broke the long time stall you have been in congratulations! We are hear for you, we will all help as much as we can :-D keep up the great work!

The tredmill is a great idea. As for your surgeon he should be ashamed of himself. I think if you keep coming to the forum we can help you get out of the stall your in. As for the 2lbs that is great! It has broke the long time stall you have been in congratulations! We are hear for you' date=' we will all help as much as we can :-D keep up the great work![/quote']

Thank you so much for your support and encouragement I was a little shy to send you any updates because I didn't wanna burden you with a lot of questions but today when I saw your message and that you kept me in mind I was really happy I will keep you updated and I will try my best to come to the form everyday I really needed a support group and everyone one here are very supportive I will be forever greatfull. I will buy the treadmill this weekend how many min should I walk at first ?I thought maybe the first day 20 min and add 5 min everyday after that until I can walk for an hour.

That sounds great. Start off at 20 minutes and work yourself up as much as you can. I am more than happy to support you through this journey anytime :-D

This is my update. Since I had my surgery everyone has been telling me I shouldn't feel hunger like before a sweet lady described it as "go to the Chinese restaurant and eat everything insight" funny I liked it. The sad news is I still felt that way even after my surgery,no matter how big my meal is I still feel hungry.so about 5 weeks ago I was talking to my sister and I told her how I feel, she did her own investigation and came back to me she asked me " are u still taking Mirtazapine as a sleeping aid?" And I said yeah for 7 years now and she said" isn't that when you started gaining weight? Do you know that Mirtazapine makes you hungry all the time and makes you gain weight!" I was Shocked. So I took an appointment with my psychiatrist and asked him if that information is true and he said"Yes it is definitely true in fact in some patient we give them this medicine to help them gain weight" and I said so why did you give it to me? and he said "because I care about your insomnia not your weight". So I asked him to change my medicine and give me something else he gave me Agomelatine which has to effect on weight what so ever. Now I don't have the crazy hungry feeling that I used to have thank god for that. I feel that I just had my surgery 4 weeks ago and my journey has just begone. Now I eat 2-3 ounces of food and I get why people were emphasizing on Protein because the meal is very small I should not waste it on carbs so I've been eating more protein. I wanted to ask you how many kcal should I be eating a day? I still get head hunger though,I don't know how to control it but I try to ignore it. Thank you all so much for your support and encouragement.

The people on this site are very nice not like my surgeon.they try to give me a lot of advice I'm really greatfull and overwhelmed at the same time I found a book on Amazon called" the Sleeved Life" is that what you mean? Or if there is a better one please send me the title of the book that you recommend I don't know how to download a book from amazon on my IPad and I couldn't find any books about VSG on IBooks

Hi, I'm sorry, I just saw your reply! The book I bought is called successful weight loss with the gastric sleeve by Guillermo Alvaraz. It's a pretty easy read with good information. I'm really happy you found some relief for hunger - medications can certainly impact a lot of things. The book I suggested will give some guidelines about eating, but most people on here say their docs recommend eating between 800-1200 calories for weight loss initially. You had your surgery quite a while ago, so you might need to be on the higher end of that. Try exercise to manage your head hunger, it really works! You can order DVDs online that you can follow along with. You could even get your son to do it with you! He might even like it :) Glad you are feeling better.

I've been using an app on my blackberry called Body Buddy since My Fitness Pal is not available for my phone now to track my calories I've been eating between 470 to 600 kcal per day when I upped my calories to 700 I gained weight how can I make it up to 1000 kcal? then I will definitely gain weight.

I've learned tons in this thread: 1) Trolls bad, 2) Protein good,3) Admins pay attention, 4) I'm trying to stay on topic 5) carbs bad 6) people bully in forums (interesting and odd at the same time.) What I can share is I made the beloved "ricotta bake" for the first time the other day and thought it was scrumptious. I also added ground turkey into it for added Protein.< /p>

Back to reading more posts in this rather looooooooooooong thread. Happy journeys all!