Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im not loosing any weight after VSG surgery

A lot of people download my fitness pal"

Haha I won.

I'm very happy to see Alex that your finally monitoring the site. I post some. But read quite abit and I'm appalled at what people say on this site. Some act like their such experts when everyone has a different road to travel

Thank you

For the original poster you also started at what I would say is a lower weight (193 I think you said) so I think losing is going to be a bit slower. I think the suggestions given about kicking starting your weight loss again are good: high Protein. chicken, cheese, turkey, etcetera. Some vegetable and then if you are still hungry a little bit of rice etcetera. Also exercise. Always think to eat Protein first. Writing down everything you eat (or using an app like MyFitnessPal is a great way to keep yourself accountable and motivated.) That app is super easy to use and has helped me a lot.

I am only 4 months out so I can't say that eating a six inch subway sub is too much for you because you are more than a year out from where I am. But if you want to lose I would say take the meat and veggies off the bread and just eat them and throw away the bread or at least try throwing away half of the bread and see if cutting carbohydrates helps.

Good luck!

So, I'm 20 months post-op and I can only eat half of a 6 inch Subway sandwich, with the bread. I'll eat the other half a couple hours later.

I would ask your surgeon the size of bougie they used. This will determine the diameter of your stomach. Some folks have longer stomachs, so two people with the same size bougie may not have the same capacity.

There are many studies out there suggesting the bougie size doesn't impact the results that much, which I agree with when we are discussing the difference between a 32f and a 40f. But older standards suggested using 60f and 80f. My be something to have a discussion with your surgeon about.

So' date=' I'm 20 months post-op and I can only eat half of a 6 inch Subway sandwich, with the bread. I'll eat the other half a couple hours later.

I would ask your surgeon the size of bougie they used. This will determine the diameter of your stomach. Some folks have longer stomachs, so two people with the same size bougie may not have the same capacity.

There are many studies out there suggesting the bougie size doesn't impact the results that much, which I agree with when we are discussing the difference between a 32f and a 40f. But older standards suggested using 60f and 80f. My be something to have a discussion with your surgeon about.[/quote']

My stomach size is large. I laugh when someone tells I should talk to my doctor.My surgeon does not discuss anything he just yell and scream if anyone ask him anything my second visit with him he said " now start eating soft food" and I said " can u please give me examples for the food to eat or maybe a paper with what I should eat?" so he said" are u STUPED! I said soft food what does soft mean to u!" and the was the last time I saw him

Thanks a lot for everyone that tried to help me sorry for not replying a lot sooner and that's because the time difference I am from the Middle East I've done my surgery in the Middle East 16 months ago it was a reversion from gastric band to VSG my doctor have seen me twice after my surgery he said" my job is to do your surgery and your job is to loose the weight" we here do not have any nutritionist that deal with WLS surgery I have no information on how to eat or what to do my doctor told me I can eat what ever I want he asked only not to eat and drink at the same time I'm 5 feet tall my starting weight was 193 I lost 23 pounds I'm a single mom and I work a full time job if anyone needs any more information about me please let me know

23 pounds at a height of 5 ft is pretty significant, albeit less than one would expect with WLS. So be proud of that accomplishment.I think starting over again as if you are newly post op and trying to re boost the weight loss would be helpful. Do a week or two of Protein shakes, Optifast was a good choice for me, although I now drink Pure Protein Shakes, move to puree, soft then a regular low carb diet,

. It does take discipline, but if you can accept our support, we will cheer you on!!

Valerie

Done Did It!

For the original poster you also started at what I would say is a lower weight (193 I think you said) so I think losing is going to be a bit slower. I think the suggestions given about kicking starting your weight loss again are good: high Protein. Chicken' date=' cheese, turkey, etcetera. Some vegetable and then if you are still hungry a little bit of rice etcetera. Also exercise. Always think to eat Protein first. Writing down everything you eat (or using an app like MyFitnessPal is a great way to keep yourself accountable and motivated.) That app is super easy to use and has helped me a lot.

I am only 4 months out so I can't say that eating a six inch subway sub is too much for you because you are more than a year out from where I am. But if you want to lose I would say take the meat and veggies off the bread and just eat them and throw away the bread or at least try throwing away half of the bread and see if cutting carbohydrates helps.

Good luck![/quote']

Thanks a lot for your advice it was so simple and u really gave me hope. I'm following the eating part now I eat my protein first then a little salad and at the end if I'm still hungry I have a spoon of rice but the exercise I don't know how to incorporate it in my life we generally here do not exercise I really don't know anyone in my family or friends or even at work that exercise they are all thin( I'm the only fat person) so if u have any suggestion for me I would love to hear it I work from 7am till 4pm I take my son home I help him with his homework until 8 then I give him dinner and read a story then go to sleep. I tried my fitness pall the problem is I can't find the food I eat on the list I think maybe because we eat deferent things than you I don't know thank u for your help I really appreciate it.

23 pounds at a height of 5 ft is pretty significant' date=' albeit less than one would expect with WLS. So be proud of that accomplishment.I think starting over again as if you are newly post op and trying to re boost the weight loss would be helpful. Do a week or two of Protein shakes, Optifast was a good choice for me, although I now drink Pure Protein Shakes, move to puree, soft then a regular low carb diet,

. It does take discipline, but if you can accept our support, we will cheer you on!!

Valerie

Done Did It![/quote']

thank u for giving me hope I think u are right I should be proud of the 23 pounds its not a lot but at least it's not gain. I don't know what a Protein shake is I didn't have it before where do I get it from? we don't have any of the super markets you have there

thank u for giving me hope I think u are right I should be proud of the 23 pounds its not a lot but at least it's not gain. I don't know what a Protein shake is I didn't have it before where do I get it from? we don't have any of the super markets you have there

I am not sure what is available in your country, but I am sure you must have healthfood stores or Vitamin type shops. Many of them have premixed and powder Protein drinks. Optifast is available on line, a little pricey, but 5 shakes a day is what I did for 2 weeks pre-op and lost 15 pounds. I also like BariatricChoice.com . They have good variety of shakes Soups and meals, low in carbs high in Protein. When you eat regular food, stick to high protein meals. chicken and fish. Red meat is ok as well, but hard to digest. cheese and eggs as well. Beans and nuts are OK, just a little high in carbs. Good luck

Done Did It!

Thanks a lot for your advice it was so simple and u really gave me hope. I'm following the eating part now I eat my Protein first then a little salad and at the end if I'm still hungry I have a spoon of rice but the exercise I don't know how to incorporate it in my life we generally here do not exercise I really don't know anyone in my family or friends or even at work that exercise they are all thin( I'm the only fat person) so if u have any suggestion for me I would love to hear it I work from 7am till 4pm I take my son home I help him with his homework until 8 then I give him dinner and read a story then go to sleep. I tried my fitness pall the problem is I can't find the food I eat on the list I think maybe because we eat deferent things than you I don't know thank u for your help I really appreciate it.

Wow, you sound busy, like me. i have a full time job, but work partly from home, which gives me flexibility. I do a lot of my "homework" after my 4 kids are in bed. I do exercise 4 -5 days a week. I force myself to make time. It may be hard for you, but If I were you I would either get up extra early or excercise after the kids are in bed. There are plenty of good work out videos you can buy on line. You can dance the pounds away, or do traditional calisthenics, or Pilates at home. I go to a gym, it motivates me. But I also have a treadmill and elliptical, if I cant go. i know you can do it.

Done Did It!

I am not sure what is available in your country' date=' but I am sure you must have healthfood stores or Vitamin type shops. Many of them have premixed and powder Protein drinks. Optifast is available on line, a little pricey, but 5 shakes a day is what I did for 2 weeks pre-op and lost 15 pounds. I also like BariatricChoice.com . They have good variety of shakes Soups and meals, low in carbs high in Protein. When you eat regular food, stick to high protein meals. chicken and fish. Red meat is ok as well, but hard to digest. cheese and eggs as well. Beans and nuts are OK, just a little high in carbs. Good luck

Done Did It![/quote']

We have a GNC that's the only health- Vitamin shop we have I will try to go there tomorrow and ask for Protein Shakes maybe they have it .i don't think I can order any food online I don't think they will deliver it to the Middle East

First, I'm so sorry for your struggle. If you read many of these threads, we all fear this could be us, so I can imagine how you might feel. People here have given some good advice about tracking food, Protein, and other things that are recommended. You might also want to get a book, since it sounds like there is not a lot of support or education with your surgeon. I downloaded one to my phone (just go to Amazon and research books for gastric sleeve). I had been given most of the same information from my Dr/NUT, but still thought it was valuable, and you might find it to be a helpful reference. It will give you some general guidelines to follow. Good luck and let us know how you do.