Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 questions, please help!

1) I know that I will not be allowed to drive following surgery -- how long will I not be able to drive? I know it might be different for everyone, but I'm just trying to get an idea.

2) My surgery date is March 5. My best friend has advanced-screening tickets of Oz the great and powerful for 2 days after surgery. Do you post-sleevers think I will be okay to sit in a movie theatre for a couple hours at 2 days post-op? She also has the option of getting them for 4 days post-op... Is this totally crazy and should I just say no I can't go? I'm just not sure what recovery is going to be like. I don't intend to sound stupid and be all, "yeah, woohoo, social butterfly right after surgery!" but I got up and moving pretty quickly after serious arm surgery...

Thank you!!

You can drive as soon as you are off pain meds for 24 Hrs. if you can move and be comfortable I'd go to the movie,although I'd opt for 4 days after surgery

Just take it easy,move carefully of course no popcorn or soda. Take Water with you hide it in your friends bag

My only restriction with driving was not to if I was taking the pain medication. As for the 2 hour show I would say it depends on you feel and if you decide to do it I would make sure you get up and move around a few times during the showing to help prevent blood clots. Good luck with your surgery :)

I myself would switch it to 4 days post op. I wasn't sitting comfortably only 2 days post op, 4 was much better.

sr910,

I did a telephone job interview 2 days after getting out of the hospital. My husband drove me to my office and I was there for a couple of hours. I was tired but it was doable.

My doc said no driving until I felt like I could slam down on my breaks without being in pain. And of course once off pain meds. For me this took about 4 days. Def switch to 4 days bc you could even have to stay in the hospital longer than 1 day and miss the movie if two days post op. good luck!

Unlike the others I wasn't supposed to drive till after my 1 week post op appointment. This was because of the drain being where the seat belt would go in the driver's seat and they pulled the drain at that appointment. I do agree with the others that you should opt for the 4 days post op because it would be too much at 2 days, I didn't even get released from the hospital until 2 days post op. Good Luck.

You might want to switch to the 4 day option. I only thought I'd be in the hospital 1 day and ended up in the hospital 4 days.

Driving is no problem as long as you are not taking any narcotics, as for the movie I think that should be fine. I was out shopping at Lowes with my husband two days post-op. Good luck!

My surgeon doesn't do drains, but I will definitely call my friend and ask her to swap the 2-day post-op tickets for the 4-day post-op tickets. Love you all, thanks!!

Driving depends on comfort. It was a solid week before I coold drive any distance. I also found sitting to be the hardest because it uses the abdominals.

I would take it easy and not push it.