Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why are people so insensitive?

This weekend, I went to a club meeting for an organization that I belong to. The club is ordering the same style shirt for everyone to wear at certain events. The person ordering the shirts said that because the shirt only came in men sizes, that woman should order smaller sizes. The person placing the order ordered a size small for herself and we are about the same size now, so I ordered the same. Besides I figure by the time I have to wear the shirt e.g. 7 mos from now, I'll be even smaller so I was trying to plan in advance. We were also told to make sure of our shirt sizes because if the shirt didn't fit we would have to pay the additional cost of returning it and they may not have the shirt in stock anymore. So when the order was prepared an email went out to confirm sizes for everyone in one email. Would you believe it, one of the guys comes up to me and says, I see you ordered a small, you may need to rethink that because I know your not a small. At first I was stunned he said this and somewhat insulted. Then I looked at him and asked why did it matter to him what size I ordered since he wasn't the one who had to pay for my shirt anyway. Still after he went away, I changed the shirt size to medium, just in case. Boy am I praying by then that I will actually wish I had gotten the small after all, but I figure I would rather have it too big than too small. Still there is always someone out there who just has to give you their opinion of you, whether solicited or not.

The best revenge is living well. Wear your medium proudly and let him see how badly it swims on you. Besides, by then you will need the bigger shirt to encompass all your muscles from lifting weights! :)

What a jerk. Let him think that shirt you are swimming in is a small. Then tell him that you should have listened to him after all.....turns out you were not a small after all, you were an EXTRA SMALL.

I'm sorry Popsicle.:( Some people just have to put in their 2 cents no matter if asked or not. What's worse about comments like this is we always hear them so much louder than all the "damn you look good" and any atta girls we might get. Whatever size you end up with lets wrap it around his neck and squeeze with those new muscles of yours!

I am amazed at what people say to others. It's like there is no connection between the brain and the mouth. I'm sorry someone said that to you. Hopefully you will be able to put that comment out of your head. Keep up the good work.

I would of kicked him in the shins.

You're too nice. I would have chosen a more sensitive body part. ;-)

"How the heck do you know my clothing size? Bern sneaking into my house and trying on my dresses?"

Probably would have come out of my big mouth at that point :P

Wow, what a jerk! Mean people suck!!

Sorry that loser said that to u.....what u should of said was "oh my. .u must have misread your jockstrap size for my shirt size...."