Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 1, 2013 Sleevers shout out

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us being sleeved on the 1st. It would be fun for all of us to check in with each other after our procedures and compare how everyone is doing. It would also be a nice support for prior to the surgery because this pre op diet sucks and is HARD!!!!

Speaking of pre op diets. What do your doctors have you doing? I'm confused as to why some people only have to do a 24 hour liquid diet, while some (me included) have to do 2 Protein Shakes and 1 Protein and green meal for 2 weeks and still others have to do 1 month of liquid! I want some cottage cheese. Anyone allowed to have that pre op? I read somewhere its ok. Just wondering. I'm only on day 3 and its hard (did I say that already?). :)

My surgery is not scheduled until the 6th. I have to do a 2 week liquid diet. I get 5 carnation instant shakes plus up to 2 sugar free popsicles and sugar free Jello. I am not looking forward to that. I have already informed my husband and daughter that I will not be doing any cooking or grocery shopping. I have got to find something to do to try to keep me occupied so that I want any food. I am aloso a big coffee drinker and I am worried about doing away with that. I keep telling myself that this will be temporary and I can do anything I set my mind to.

Hi! I'm having my surgery on the 4th. My Dr told me that I can have a normal meal day on the 2nd and then a very light Breakfast on the 3rd (he specified light as a slice of toast, an egg and glass of juice) then Clear liquids for the rest of the day and NOTHING at all after midnight.

I have heard of some sleevers having to do a week of liquids beforehand but never more than that. Maybe your surgeon has had the best results with that pre-op diet?

I am having my surgery march 4th I am so ready and scare.I need things to keep my self occupied also. I have made home cook clear soup's I can eat also putting up food for my husband to eat so I can stay out of the kitchen I wish everyone the best of luck I know per op is going to be the hard part I was told by my Dr.the 2 weeks is to make the liver smaller for the surgery..It's a must do!!

I'm on the second, but I leave on the first. Close enough?

I am March 1st also.I am on day 4 of pre op diet.Day 4 much better than day 2.I have Protein Shakes, yogurt if I don't use milk in shakes, Fiber, and one cup of greens.I can eat chicken broth, hello,popsiciles sugar free.I am also nervous but can't wait to be in recovery and begin to move forward

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us being sleeved on the 1st. It would be fun for all of us to check in with each other after our procedures and compare how everyone is doing. It would also be a nice support for prior to the surgery because this pre op diet sucks and is HARD!!!!

Speaking of pre op diets. What do your doctors have you doing? I'm confused as to why some people only have to do a 24 hour liquid diet' date=' while some (me included) have to do 2 Protein shakes and 1 Protein and green meal for 2 weeks and still others have to do 1 month of liquid! I want some cottage cheese. Anyone allowed to have that pre op? I read somewhere its ok. Just wondering. I'm only on day 3 and its hard (did I say that already?). :)[/quote']

My doctor does allow anything but liquid, Protein Shakes, Jello. I am dying for a piece of chicken ! Lol

And we shall eat chicken again.Lol

I'm also March 1st!!! Today is day 4 of my Pre Op diet, and thankfully it's getting easier!! I'm allowed to have 4 Protein Shakes (I use Premier), 1 meal of 4oz lean Protein and 1 serving of non starchy veggies, 2 servings of fruits and 2 sugar free Popsicles if needed. It's not so bad, but it's hard to imagine it lasting 11 more days! Luckily we'll be on the other side of this soon!! :)

I'm also March 1st!!! Today is day 4 of my Pre Op diet' date=' and thankfully it's getting easier!! I'm allowed to have 4 Protein shakes (I use Premier), 1 meal of 4oz lean Protein and 1 serving of non starchy veggies, 2 servings of fruits and 2 sugar free Popsicles if needed. It's not so bad, but it's hard to imagine it lasting 11 more days! Luckily we'll be on the other side of this soon!! :)[/quote']

Thanks for that heads up, kanesmom. I've heard of so many people doing the sugar free Popsicles I feel very comfortable having 1 per day and it has helped so much! I figure if I can have crystal light why not a sugar free Popsicle? I will stop that a few days before. :)

Thanks for that heads up, kanesmom. I've heard of so many people doing the sugar free Popsicles I feel very comfortable having 1 per day and it has helped so much! I figure if I can have crystal light why not a sugar free Popsicle? I will stop that a few days before. :)

I can't believe our surgeries are a week from tomorrow!! This is all starting to feel so real, I'm so excited! How are you feeling?

On day 7 of pre op and I have no idea how I am going to do 7 more days.Thought I was getting better but seems to be getting harder for me. I want some food...and that's that.I haven't cheated at all..but it is taking everything I am to hold on..

I'm so thankful that I can do a low carb PRE op diet. I'm not sure I'd survive the liquid thing without snapping at everyone. (Praise god)

I'm with kanesmon, can't believe it's 8 days away !! My anxiety is through the roof though. I'm not scared anymore, just stressed and have an almost constant headache from it.

I'm glad we have each-other. Hope this thread starts to get busy!

On day 7 of pre op and I have no idea how I am going to do 7 more days.Thought I was getting better but seems to be getting harder for me. I want some food...and that's that.I haven't cheated at all..but it is taking everything I am to hold on..

I hear ya! I've been struggling too. And it's so hard to keep with what the doc says when I read so many people not even doing a pre op diet! I rationalize to myself that my BMI is lower (35), so I'm sure I'd be ok eating a little of this or that, but so far I've only caved to 1 cup of cottage cheese for 3 days in a row. I have stopped that now. I shouldn't take chances. Although, the sugar free Popsicles I have adopted myself and I'm ok with that. I know I get 1 "last hurrah" meal the night before surgery, so I can't imagine a sugar free Popsicle or a cup of cottage cheese is too harmful! We can do this!

I'm so thankful that I can do a low carb PRE op diet. I'm not sure I'd survive the liquid thing without snapping at everyone. (Praise god)

I'm with kanesmon' date=' can't believe it's 8 days away !! My anxiety is through the roof though. I'm not scared anymore, just stressed and have an almost constant headache from it.

I'm glad we have each-other. Hope this thread starts to get busy![/quote']

I hope this thread picks up too! We can't be the only March 1 Sleevers, can we? But we are then let's make sure to keep in touch as we go on. It will be good to hear how everyone is doing after surgery. :)