Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Indiana Sleevers

Sending good vibes and prayers to Stacy03! Good luck with your surgery today!

Hi all! I'm doing well. Home from the hospital after 2 nights. Struggled a lot with nausea the first 24 hours. Had some chicken broth and apple juice for dinner. Working on a Popsicle now. Think tomorrow I will switch to some full liquids and see how I do

For those post op- couple of questions. When did you stop wearing ur support socks. And also when did you start Protein Drinks?

I'm still struggling getting liquids in. It seems I suck at sipping and get painful gas bubbles a lot. Does this go away? Any trick you can give me?

I finally have my date- August 2 @ 10am!! Yay!

Yay!!! So excited for you

Hi all! I'm doing well. Home from the hospital after 2 nights. Struggled a lot with nausea the first 24 hours. Had some chicken broth and apple juice for dinner. Working on a Popsicle now. Think tomorrow I will switch to some full liquids and see how I do

For those post op- couple of questions. When did you stop wearing ur support socks. And also when did you start Protein drinks?

I'm still struggling getting liquids in. It seems I suck at sipping and get painful gas bubbles a lot. Does this go away? Any trick you can give me?

I took those socks off at the hospital before I went home. I started drinking Isopure in the hospital. I haven't had any restrictions with liquids. I also find I do drink to fast but haven't had any gas pains from it. I was sent home with a binder on and I think it lasted a few hours at home.

For those post op- couple of questions. When did you stop wearing ur support socks. And also when did you start Protein Drinks?

I took the support socks off once I got home. I started Protein a week out, focused first on my Water intake, could only tolerate Isopure protein drinks post op. The most important thing is to stay hydrated. For gas, I used gas x strips and walked a lot. It took a good week to get rid of it all. Hope that helps :) your body will tell you what it can handle.

Yay!!! So excited for you

Thanks Stacy03!!

Question for my fellow StV or IU sleevers. What were you eating the 1st week post-op? My list includes low fat cheese, Beans, instant mashed potatoes, and oatmeal. Were you able to tolerate these week 1?

Question for my fellow StV or IU sleevers. What were you eating the 1st week post-op? My list includes low fat cheese' date=' Beans, instant mashed potatoes, and oatmeal. Were you able to tolerate these week 1?[/quote']

I was doing Jello and popcicle , I know that I could eat those things, I would try a taste and if I could tolerate it I would eat a little more, but it took a while for my sleeve to handle things. As long as you are stating hydrated its the most important thing

Anyone going to the Avon support group at the Hendrix YMCA tonight?

Sorry just saw this...I was there

I'm from rural Vincennes area, and my hospital is in Evansville. Great to see fellow Hoosiers here!

I'm from rural Vincennes area' date=' and my hospital is in Evansville. Great to see fellow Hoosiers here![/quote']

Welcome to the Indiana thread TooFluffy :)

Thank you! :)

I'm a Hoosier myself! Currently living in LaPorte. Im going through Methodist Hospital Center for Bariatric Surgery in Merrillville. I have my first appt Aug 12. I'm really excited to get the ball rolling on what I'm sure will be a difficult journey, but I know the end result will be well worth it. Can't wait until the day I can finally get back on a roller coaster, fit comfortably in a seat at the ball park, or even sit comfortably on a long flight.

How is everyone doing? I know there were several of us sleeved the last few months. My surgery was June 11th. I'm down 37lbs since then and 82lbs since my first Dr appt. Its unbelievable but I'm 50 lbs to goal weight.