Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

have any one regret getting sleeve

I got sleeve on Friday and I keep asking myself what I have done. I feel down. Can anyone help. I'm feeling depresse. Sleeve therapists where are you?

Hi,

I had the same doubts that you have. I wanted my stomach back. My mind was hungry and all I did was drink my Water and sleep. It's very hard in the beginning but I'm almost in my third month and it get better every day. Just hang in there.

I regret it every day. It has been 1/2 months of pure suckyness. However - it is time to get over that because the sleeve is not reversible. So we have to move forward.

Im 15 months post op and down 226 pounds. My ONLY regret is that i did not get it done sooner. I can eat normal food now just not as much. This last year was the only time in my life that i had to buy new clothes because my old clothes are to big. Fist time i have seen the number on the scale go down and not go back up.First time that i feel that i am not just existing but actually living. It has been a hard road but i would not change anything that has happend. Good luck and stay positive. PM me if u have any questions.

I got sleeve on Friday and I keep asking myself what I have done. I feel down. Can anyone help. I'm feeling depresse. Sleeve therapists where are you?

Thank you all, I just keep asking myself what I got into. All I want to do is cry. And then I remember how happy I was two days ago waiting to get sleeve and now look at me here crying because I'm regretting what I have done. Haven ate since yesterday. I'm full of gas couldn't sleep last night and still can't eat today. I keep think that something going to happen and I'm going to end up in the hospital again. I have the runs bad with a lot of gas. But if I pouch then I I well herd myself

I'm 6 weeks post-op and haven't stopped smiling since I woke up in the the PACU!

Best thing I've ever done. If you're struggling with head hunger and your deep emotional connection to food, there's no shame in getting help. The truth is, you would have needed that with our without surgery.

Stay strong, you will be so thrilled with the results, I'm sure of it!

You know what you have done? you took a very

Big, and in the beginning scary and painful step to a happier and healthier life!

You are only a few days out from a very major surgery! Yes it's done laparoscopically but it is still MAJOR surgery! Right now you need to give yourself time to heal..

Are you walking? Do so, at least 10 minutes out of every hour.

And try and keep up the Fluid intake, I know it's hard but you need to do it.

And know that having days like this (feeling down) is a very normal thing for all of us. you are going through lots of changes and its hard! But it's what we signed up for. And it will all be worth it in a couple of months when the pain is a distant memory and you are feeling (and looking) great! :)

I regret nothing at all. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself in my entire life (another was getting rid of all of my credit cards).

Health issues are resolved. I move more easily, my balance has improved, my skin looks better, my attitude overall is more positive, I can shop in any store now.

I eat out frequently (due to work travel) and enjoy what I do eat, I have a glass of wine when I want, I can exercise longer, I feel lighter, I take more time with my appearance.

Yes, the first 8 weeks had a lot of rough spots, but it was SO worth it.

Thank you so much. You don't understand how I feel. Just writing this and i'm crying

I promise you that you will start to feel better! I'm 5 months post op & like others, I wish I did this earlier...all I did on day 2 was vomit all day! That passed very quickly & I was back to work in 2 weeks. It really will get better. Welcome!

I promise you that you will start to feel better! I'm 5 months post op & like others' date=' I wish I did this earlier...all I did on day 2 was vomit all day! That passed very quickly & I was back to work in 2 weeks. It really will get better. Welcome![/quote']

Thank

Thank you so much. Tou don't understand how I feel. Just writing this and i'm crying

I know!! And I understand I think as much as we prepare ourselves for this it is still really hard in the beginning for some of us!

Remember what I said about the pre op diet?

Enjoy it because it gets worse... But only for a little while I promise :)

Is there anyone helping you out?? And are you walking?

Thank you so much. You don't understand how I feel. Just writing this and i'm crying

You are not alone, I did the same thing too. I got angry and regretted, and asked myself what have i done? but now 1month out, feels like a different me. No more foot pain, knee and back pain. Your body and hormones are all adjusting, hang in there. It will be better! it will be worth it with your new and sexy self down the road!

Get busy. It will help. Exercising is a great stress reducer and it will make you feel a lot better when you are feeling down.

Get busy. It will help. Exercising is a great stress reducer and it will make you feel a lot better when you are feeling down.

I started at 240 on 2/08 on 2/11 I was still 240 and surgery day 2/15 234 and today 2/18 im 228