Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will i still be hungery, as i am post op? Having surgery feb 18 th.

I am starving on this pre op diet of 2 shakes and can of Soup. Now on two days Clear liquids. Do y'all think if you are on a strick pre op diet that it will ease your

hunger/head pains after surgery ?

I hope I will not be this hungry AFTER surgery, Monday.

I am also pre-op but my friend who had VSG and went from 320 to 180lbs told me he doesn't crave food anymore and in fact he forgets to eat.

I doubt you will be as hungry after. For the first week post op I was lucky if I met my Water goals. At times I had head hunger but as far as being physically hungry I don't think you will.

Thanks ! I am soo tired of being hungery. I would love to be the one who forgot to eat! Lol

This pre diet is so hard. My husband who lost 80 lbs on weight watchers, says " if you can do this pre op you should be able to, lose on your own."

I'm doing it, because I feel with this I will have a chance of not always being hungry.

I am also pre-op but my friend who had VSG and went from 320 to 180lbs told me he doesn't crave food anymore and in fact he forgets to eat.

I had surgery 11/7/12 and I no longer feel hunger. So I would agree with your friend. I do feel a empty stomach feeling and know its time to eat. Usually I am way past time I should have ate. I have had days that I have forgotten to eat also. When I have done that the next day I make sure i do not skip Meals.

I asked my surgeon about the lack of hunger and he said 50% of his patients lose their feelings of hunger. He could not explain why the others do not. I personally had a hard time getting in all the liquids in the beginning. And food was really restricted. Fluids go down real easy now at 3 1/2 months out. I can sip, sip, and sip more. About 74 oz of fluids daily.

Sorry for rambling...hope this helps! And best wishes Tina

Thanks ! I am soo tired of being hungery. I would love to be the one who forgot to eat! Lol

This pre diet is so hard. My husband who lost 80 lbs on weight watchers, says " if you can do this pre op you should be able to, lose on your own."

I'm doing it, because I feel with this I will have a chance of not always being hungry.

I hope to encourage you.... This surgery Is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Honestly, it is like having built in Portion Control. When I do eat I fill up real fast. It is awesome. I am sure your husband is a bit nervous about this surgery. I had a couple people in my life have the same response as your husband. However, those people today have a complete different outlook on this surgery.

I wish you well and hope you are in the 50% of the people that lose hunger! It is wonderful to be free of the drive for food... Best of luck! Tina

Thanks to you too... Tina.

It's night and day. :-) good luck how exciting your journey is about to begin!

Life as you know will never be the same. You may feel something like hunger sometimes, but it isn't the same, and you can easily forget you need to eat. It will never be so hard as it is right now. I am so glad I did this. I feel like i've been given a second chance at life. Good luck! You are almost there!

I am one of the people that does not feel hunger. I occasionally get a craving for certain types of food but most of the time I have to make myself eat. I can get up at 9 or 10 am and not think about eating til like 2 pm. I am 2 months post op and can only eat about 3-4 ounces of anything before being full. Best of luck with your surgery.

I'm three days post op and yesterday I felt hungry because I really was! Not because I was sad or mad or glad! Great feeling to need nutrition versus craving food!

Jazzyjay I hope I'm that way!

I am starving on this pre op diet of 2 shakes and can of Soup. Now on two days Clear liquids. Do y'all think if you are on a strick pre op diet that it will ease your

hunger/head pains after surgery ?

I hope I will not be this hungry AFTER surgery, Monday.

I'm with you! This pre op diet has been tough, but I made it through. But this clear liquid only is very hard. I'm so grouchy because I am soooo HUNGRY!!! I leave for the hospital in 10 hours. I tried to sleep the time away, but can't sleep when I'm hungry. Hang in there. It will be worth it!

I'm 18 months post op and I seldom get "hungry". I've developed a routine with my food. I eat a Protein Bar when I get up, another at lunch time (noonish) and a high Protein dinner around 5 pm. I do add Snacks, usually a mini babybel at 10 am and another around 3pm. If I don't follow this routine, I will forget to eat and then I bottom out and end up very shaky and nauseous.

I was sleeved on the 12th. I was STARVING going in to surgery. I can honestly say after surgery I had no hunger or desire to eat until today. Today has been the first day I feel hungry but it's nothing compared to before surgery. You will do great. Good Luck :)