Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What comfort items did you take to surgery?

I brought my ipad and phone but didnt really use either except for a little bit right after surgery. I did bring some gas x strips, they helped alot!!! I also brought some biotene dry mouth spray, it helped alot when I wasnt allowed to drink anything at all. I did not bring a pillow but my husband brought me a stuffed animal that I used to put pressure on my stomach when I needed to get up etc. Hope your surgery goes well!

I took a small pillow for getting up and the drive home. I took my mini ipad but did not use it. Good luck with your surgery.

I didn't bring anything, but of course I was misled and told I would be going home the same day. If I had known I wouldn't be going home, I might have brought my laptop, but I probably wouldn't have used it much because I slept most of the time in the hospital. The only time I even watched TV was the during the time they were getting my discharge papers ready for me to leave. They provided me with extra pillows to keep me comfortable while sleeping.< /p>

I took my super soft and warm robe. I was so glad I did bc I slept like a baby in it.

I brought a magazine and my iPad. Never touched them-I slept most of the time.

I took my iPad and did use it a little. Oh and I brought my slippers. They had me walk around the hospital a lot and they provided these socks with little grip pads on the bottom but my feet get hot so I wanted something I could slip on and off. I liked that because it was something of mine and it was comforting.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery! Ill pray for you a swift recovery! :)

I took my pillow and a really soft throw size blanket.

I took Charlie. He's an IKEA dog that sleeps with whoever in our family is sick. From my son to myself, charlie has been our constant companion. So much so that when I left the hospital I sent additional Charlie's to the docs who saved me :) Charlie is an extension of my son and my life...and if you have any issues in hospital, having that personal connection to a silly object might bring you more comfort than you know :) Anyhoo...Charlie :)

I took my pillow and mi iPad.. I was at the hospital for 2 days... I did use my iPad i was really bored Since i suffer from insomnia so I had a lot of time to do nothing but focus on the discomfort and my dad snoring hehe... I wasn't in much pain thank god but the put so much liquid through my veins that I went up to pee like every hour so yeah I did use my iPad to pass the time... I also walked A LOT which helped with the gas... I went for walks like every few hours the nurses said they had never seen anyone walk so much while at the hospital but it was the best thing I did... But yeah you never know how u are going to feel so I do recommend u take something to read or anything that makes you feel better...

The things that I brought that I used were:

Lip balm

hand lotion

hair brush

Toothpaste and brush (our hospital has terrible ones- your hospital might provide nice ones)

Robe and gown and slippers (wore their gown in hospital, but wore my own home)

Cell Phone

Lots of people recommend having a pillow for the ride home, but I live fairly close and didn't need one.

I was only staying overnight so I didn't bring a bunch of stuff. Aside from comfy clothes for the trip home I brought some chapstick, my iPad/phone/charger and Bruce the Moose (Teddy-Tech calls him a cough buddy).

CHAP-STICK and my smart phone. Didn't need anything else. You will be sleeping and resting and walking and sleeping and resting. And sleeping. I did wish I had a pillow for the ride home. :blink:

Chapstick I brought a few so I could choose. My tablet so I could watch Netflix and hulu plus. I think I watched 1 episode of a show I mostly slept or I walked to get out the gas.